News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Gosh the negativity is exhausting. If you guys don't like the land then why not just move on and discuss what you *do* enjoy about the Disney parks? Not sure why we have to have the same cyclical and non-productive conversations over and over again.

And for the record: I think GE has its faults for sure. But the land is what it is, and there are still plenty of phenomenal aspects in that park to admire.
Shut up, Meg

RobWDW1971

Someone should start a flashmob where a few dozen people hook up bluetooth portable speakers and all start playing SW music in the land.

Unlike with the Toontown brawl last week, immediately 27 security officers will immediately descend upon the group, throwing them to the ground, and handcuffing them per WDI instructions that all fun, whimsy, and god forbid original Star Wars music not being allowed within the beige hallowed halls of SWGE.

mickEblu

Fun fact: the 'nozzle' on the red astromechs in the planter moves (if you touch it with your hand).

Also the Dianoga moves if you re a nerd walking around the land with your phone out using the Play Disney parks app. That’s all I have time for when I’m trying to survive the day with my 3 year old.

Curious Constance

Unlike with the Toontown brawl last week, immediately 27 security officers will immediately descend upon the group, throwing them to the ground, and handcuffing them per WDI instructions that all fun, whimsy, and god forbid original Star Wars music not being allowed within the beige hallowed halls of SWGE.
I was literally going to post this before I saw you beat me to it 🤣

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Now I can't stop seeing that. (Oh, did I mention that even in the low rent Superstar Limo replacement he's moving and talking but here he's rusted, static, and sad? Sorry, can't help myself).
I am being dead serious. never in the history of star wars has anyone seen that droid before. they literally copied the hazmat monster design from monsters inc and turned it into a droid as a sly nod. maybe they wanted some variety from astromech droids in the land so they created their own which in and of itself is soooo bizzare because there are HUNDREDS of different droids in the star wars universe they could have used.

solidyne

I am being dead serious. never in the history of star wars has anyone seen that droid before. they literally copied the hazmat monster design from monsters inc and turned it into a droid as a sly nod. maybe they wanted some variety from astromech droids in the land so they created their own which in and of itself is soooo bizzare because there are HUNDREDS of different droids in the star wars universe they could have used.
I think, a while back, someone posted a screenshot of that droid as seen in one of the films.

Hawg G

Man, people weren’t kidding when they said Chapek had cut the budget down for entertainment and streetmosphere. He didn’t cut it. He slashed it to the bone. What did he leave? The random First Order show, Ren/ Chewie and the 2 borrowed storm troopers From TL? So these morons thought folks were going to walk through a bustling Town Square, Main Street/ Hub and NOS and not notice the difference when they walk into SWL? SWL was supposed to have more of that stuff. Not less.

And is it just me or does Chewie not even growl?

No, SWL was supposed to be packed with rubes, i mean customers.

TROR

So what did they do with the Batuu music John Williams composer if they don’t play it in the land? That seems like a bad move to not use it.
It’s played at each entrance of the land. It’s nice but doesn’t really stir any emotions since it’s not recognizable, now is it honestly that powerful of music. It’s a lovely piece but doesn’t put you in Star Wars.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It’s played at each entrance of the land. It’s nice but doesn’t really stir any emotions since it’s not recognizable, now is it honestly that powerful of music. It’s a lovely piece but doesn’t put you in Star Wars.
I also heard it on ride in smugglers run in one the videos too

TROR

i need proof it is in a movie or it did not happen
He’s on the Resistance base in The Force Awakens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom