• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

shortstop

So what's so great about Stormtrooper AAs? Couldn't TDA have just gotten cast members to dress up as Stormtroopers just as easily (and maybe more cheaply)?
I mean, couldn’t you say the same thing about any animatronic? But that’s not really the point of animatronics (even if it were true).

George Lucas on a Bench

Advertisement
So what's so great about Stormtrooper AAs? Couldn't TDA have just gotten cast members to dress up as Stormtroopers just as easily (and maybe more cheaply)?
You know, I can't really muster up any entusiasm for seeing storm troopers. Ever since the 2000s, it seems like guys dressed like storm troopers have been everywhere, marching in any parade no matter how inappropriate. All I've seen of this ride aside from the couple vehicles is storm troopers. Storm troopers. Storm troopers. I really hope there's more to it than escaping storm troopers.

mickEblu

You know, I can't really muster up any entusiasm for seeing storm troopers. Ever since the 2000s, it seems like guys dressed like storm troopers have been everywhere, marching in any parade no matter how inappropriate. All I've seen of this ride aside from the couple vehicles is storm troopers. Storm troopers. Storm troopers. I really hope there's more to it than escaping storm troopers.
Well there’s the two AT-ATs, one or two Kylo Ren AAs, a bunch of screens and a hybrid physical/ simulated drop too. All while on a slow meandering trackless vehicles that parks on simulators here and there. Ugh. Now that I type that all out it doesn’t sound that exciting. I’m hoping ROTR’s glory is all in the glue and execution.

mlayton144

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TROR

Well there’s the two AT-ATs, one or two Kylo Ren AAs, a bunch of screens and a hybrid physical/ simulated drop too. All while on a slow meandering trackless vehicles that parks on simulators here and there. Ugh. Now that I type that all out it doesn’t sound that exciting. I’m hoping ROTR’s glory is all in the glue and execution.
It all reminds me of Mystic Manor a terrible bunch. One thing happening at a time, then another thing happens, and then another. No real flow, no overlapping, no new details to constantly find.

RobWDW1971

It all reminds me of Mystic Manor a terrible bunch. One thing happening at a time, then another thing happens, and then another. No real flow, no overlapping, no new details to constantly find.
Have always been mystified by the outpouring of love on Disney boards for Mystic Manor. Went on it and it was cute and fine. Just little wacky "moments" that happen throughout the house. Frankly, I liked the Rat ride better in Paris, at least that had a flow of something was happening and the characters were more engaging (I know ,"gasp" IP based!). Mystic Manor not even in my top 20 Disney attractions. Speaking of HKDL, Big Grizzly Mtn is also very well done....

TROR

Have always been mystified by the outpouring of love on Disney boards for Mystic Manor. Went on it and it was cute and fine. Just little wacky "moments" that happen throughout the house. Frankly, I liked the Rat ride better in Paris, at least that had a flow of something was happening and the characters were more engaging (I know ,"gasp" IP based!). Mystic Manor not even in my top 20 Disney attractions. Speaking of HKDL, Big Grizzly Mtn is also very well done....
Grizzly Mountain is also very choppy, but the humor and bear designs are all so perfect that I give it a pass. More trees and wildlife would definitely do wonders for that attraction, but it's the best thing Disney's built since 1995.

RobWDW1971

Grizzly Mountain is also very choppy, but the humor and bear designs are all so perfect that I give it a pass. More trees and wildlife would definitely do wonders for that attraction, but it's the best thing Disney's built since 1995.
Let's not get crazy, Everest is better IMHO and haven't been to Shanghai yet so TBD.

mickEblu

I think Mystic Manor May be a little overrated because it’s one of the only new non IP E tickets in this millennium. So when one goes there especially all the way from the U.S. they feel that’s it’s a special treat. The fact that you have to go to Japan to ride it gives it another few bonus points of being rare/ unique which can favor into reviews if one is not being completely objective about the ride experience.

eddie104

Gosh you guys are just so defeated huh ?? I mean it’s disappointing for the DL not be having the numbers we all expected but can you be a little more positive ??

eddie104

Is that even disappointing though? 😈

Jokes aside, I think they're more jaded than defeated.
Yeah your right I mean it seems like a lot of posters are disappointed with the land. But maybe once Rise opens they will appreciate it a little more.

Last edited:

Travel Junkie

I think Mystic Manor May be a little overrated because it’s one of the only new non IP E tickets in this millennium. So when one goes there especially all the way from the U.S. they feel that’s it’s a special treat. The fact that you have to go to Japan to ride it gives it another few bonus points of being rare/ unique which can favor into reviews if one is not being completely objective about the ride experience.

IMO it's not overrated. If anything underrated because it's out in HK where most don't know about it.

But that's the topic for another thread.

Top Bottom