News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
wouldn't that just make it worse? It seems that fastpass just creates longer wait times for the standby lines.
If you're pushing 3 hour waits anyway, at least offer some relief for those who use FP, especially on days where the entire park is busy and FP is essential to get anything done.

Professortango1

If you're pushing 3 hour waits anyway, at least offer some relief for those who use FP, especially on days where the entire park is busy and FP is essential to get anything done.

But it just makes the lines longer. You need queues to soak up the crowds. Plus, 160 minutes is nothing for a brand new attraction. I remember waiting 3-4 hours constantly for Indy the first 6 months or so.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Smuggler's Run does not need a fastpass. At all. you know what, it already has one- single rider. "but we miss the queue". boo hooo!!! deal with it. you wana see the queue and spend time in it, then get in line, you wana save time and get on the damn thing before the standby then get in single rider. but adding a fastpass line will slow down both of those lines. fastpass is a horrible system that adds nothing but longer waits for standby lines. where as if there was just one line the line would move as it was intended to.

Mark_E

Buzz, Small World, Goofy's Sky School and Roger Rabbit don't "need" fastpass, but they have it. When I was at Disneyland on a busy day in December the posted wait for MFSR was 70 minutes and they were using a large portion of outdoor queuing. Fastpass will help alleviate this.

Professortango1

But Fastpass would be so readily available at DL compared to at WDW to anyone that wanted one. I only rode on Single Rider but would do fastpass if I could to try Pilot/Gunner.

I'd expect FP to be handled like Single Rider where the majority would get Engineer.

In the end, FP for Smugglers Run is a bad choice. There just isn't a real need and it only balloons the wait time. With ROTR being so limited, you need the other GE attraction to soak up some bodies.

I'd love to see FP only available to hotel guests or individuals who wish to purchase it for a $50 add on.

Mac Tonight

A recent twitter-gem from one of the people behind the RetroWDW podcast.

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 3.00.01 PM.png

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

or those that get screwed because by the time they go get to the back of the park all fast passes have been handed out.

speaking of fastpass, where are the machines for fastpass in Galaxy edge
The machines are located in the faclon out front. you have to go up the ramp to get your "flight crew hyperspace access badge" (since star wars has no idea what a fastpass is. we are in star wars afterall)

solidyne

Smuggler's Run does not need a fastpass. At all. you know what, it already has one- single rider. "but we miss the queue". boo hooo!!! deal with it. you wana see the queue and spend time in it, then get in line, you wana save time and get on the damn thing before the standby then get in single rider. but adding a fastpass line will slow down both of those lines. fastpass is a horrible system that adds nothing but longer waits for standby lines. where as if there was just one line the line would move as it was intended to.
All-caps or no-caps. Make up your mind! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom