News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

TrainsOfDisney

Just saw Galaxies edge in Florida for the first time today. There’s more different than I thought in the design, nothing major but not a total carbon copy.

Cast is like 100 times better. Greeter at the land handing out maps and wishing safe travels. Several greetings throughout my visit. Saw Chewie and a handler working on the ships out in the resistance are. At least that’s something.

Definitely a lot more fun to wander the shops when the cast is greeting you and not leaning against the wall chatting with each other.

lifeisgoodboy

Just saw Galaxies edge in Florida for the first time today. There’s more different than I thought in the design, nothing major but not a total carbon copy.

Cast is like 100 times better. Greeter at the land handing out maps and wishing safe travels. Several greetings throughout my visit. Saw Chewie and a handler working on the ships out in the resistance are. At least that’s something.

Definitely a lot more fun to wander the shops when the cast is greeting you and not leaning against the wall chatting with each other.

WDW will always be better than Disneyland. It's just the way it is.

cheezbat

WDW will always be better than Disneyland. It's just the way it is.
Sorry, but I completely disagree.

While WDW gets some things right, they also are terrible at faking it sometimes. Everybody I passed wished me ‘bright suns’ and it was annoying...and half their faces showed me they can’t stand saying it either. The difference here is that management FORCES their cast to play the role...not so much in Disneyland. I remember for years “Have a magical Day” was spurted by practically every WDW cast member...but you could also see on many of their faces that saying it was a joke.
Yes there are genuinely happy and excited cast members at WDW too...but I think people tend to be more genuine at Disneyland.

brihow

The best comparison I can muster up for Galaxy Edge is the office artwork in the Clamp Trade Center from Gremlins 2. In a memorable scene, Billy has decorated his office with various little touches such as a plant and a charming painting of his hometown. Robert Picardo notices these violations and points out that the Clamp building already has artwork by recognized artists.

View attachment 414454

Eye-pleasing, color-coordinated...authorized.

Galaxy Edge is like what happens when the Billy Peltzers of Disney are replaced with these Clampian recognized artists with terrible visions. Cold, unsightly...charmless.

I just had to give this a shout-out as a huge fan of Gremlins 2. I wanted to live in that building when I was a kid!

TrainsOfDisney

While WDW gets some things right, they also are terrible at faking it sometimes. Everybody I passed wished me ‘bright suns’ and it was annoying...and half their faces showed me they can’t stand saying it either.

I’d rather have someone fake it and try then just act bored and/ or ignore me.

Also funny how you can so quickly judge someone’s inner thoughts when all they are doing is greeting you. People have different mannerisms and speech patterns.

RobWDW1971

While WDW gets some things right, they also are terrible at faking it sometimes. Everybody I passed wished me ‘bright suns’ and it was annoying...and half their faces showed me they can’t stand saying it either.

Don't worry, if it's like Disneyland, within just a couple of months they will realize people aren't playing along and start to tone it down. When I was there last week I didn't get a single awkward "Bright Suns!", but I did get a food and beverage employee say "on your datapad" when I was picking up a mobile order and threw up a little in my mouth.

TrainsOfDisney

To be clear I was just saying cast members greeted me and were friendly in general. I wasn’t trying to start a debate on the “bright suns” and such phrases.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I miss when the employees acted like Batuu residents. I thought it was actually really cool and set the land apart. When I went during opening week there was a lot of employee roleplaying.

Now it seems non existant.
Good because it is stupid and the cast members are not live actors and if they have to say that crap they should get paid like the entertainers do.

lifeisgoodboy

Sorry, but I completely disagree.

While WDW gets some things right, they also are terrible at faking it sometimes. Everybody I passed wished me ‘bright suns’ and it was annoying...and half their faces showed me they can’t stand saying it either. The difference here is that management FORCES their cast to play the role...not so much in Disneyland. I remember for years “Have a magical Day” was spurted by practically every WDW cast member...but you could also see on many of their faces that saying it was a joke.
Yes there are genuinely happy and excited cast members at WDW too...but I think people tend to be more genuine at Disneyland.

Everyone has different opinions. Some might be right others might be wrong. I like Disneyland only because I live in Cali. I only been to WDW once and to me it was better experience than Disneyland.

DLR>WDW

Okay, here comes the ROTR “news” that should’ve been dropped on GMA but instead was pushed to this TWO HOUR propaganda special on FreeForm about GE. Many shots within the ride itself, with behind the scenes of the filming and interviews with the actors, Imaginners, and C h a p e k. Most notable things were a glance at a Kylo Ren animatronic from above as he stands on a platform looking down upon the approaching ride vehicles. Green screen footage being shot for Kylo Ren as well, so expect jarring transitions a la Forbidden Journey. Daisy Ridley shooting the “The Resistance needs YOUR help” preshow. Oscar Isaac filming scenes in an X-Wing that look to be similar to the shots found on the little screen on the right in your Starspeeder on Star Tours. And Bob Chapek claiming you’ll be “chased down by the First Order for over 15 minutes.” Not sure if he’s talking about the ride or the entire “experience“ beginning from when you step on the Resistance Transport Ship. John Boyega later says that the “ride” is 10 minutes so, there’s a bit of conflicting dialogue. Honestly though, I expect the ride to be about 5 due to the limited amount of scenes. Overall, after being let down by GE as a whole, I’m a bit cautious about this, but still extremely excited to see what they cook up. I truly believe this could be one of the best rides in the world.

Here’s some stuff from Twitter:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom