News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Mac Tonight

Are you even going to include Solo into the discussion?
No. I'm sticking only to the trilogies.
Rouge One and Solo cancel each other out.

Even with adjusting for inflation, the prequel movies were less financially successful domestically then TFA and TLJ.
You're still free to not like the sequel trilogy, but you can't say the prequel trilogy didn't harm the franchise because it "made good money" and in the same breath say the sequel trilogy is killing the franchise. The B.O. numbers just aren't in your favor.

DanielBB8

No. I'm sticking only to the trilogies.
Rouge One and Solo cancel each other out.

Even with adjusting for inflation, the prequel movies were less financially successful domestically then TFA and TLJ.
You're still free to not like the sequel trilogy, but you can't say the prequel trilogy didn't harm the franchise because it "made good money" and in the same breath say the sequel trilogy is killing the franchise. The B.O. numbers just aren't in your favor.
Did you actually do the math that includes production and marketing? Someone else did it here and posted it. When I ran the numbers myself, the prequels trilogy has already outperformed the 2 sequel movies. Of course, the Rise of Skywalker isn't released yet and can pull it beyond the prequel trilogy, but it's increasingly hard to breakeven when they are spending more money on reshoots.

RobWDW1971

Did you actually do the math that includes production and marketing? Someone else did it here and posted it. When I ran the numbers myself, the prequels trilogy has already outperformed the 2 sequel movies. Of course, the Rise of Skywalker isn't released yet and can pull it beyond the prequel trilogy, but it's increasingly hard to breakeven when they are spending more money on reshoots.

Can we PLEASE get back on topic that it is not about the movies but the fact they built a dull, lifeless, depressing, abandoned movie set?! ;)

Mac Tonight

Why is your name BB8 if you despise the sequel trilogy so much?
Answer me that, and then I'll "do the math".

Monorail_Orange

What? You guys still haven't ignored BB8?
I know, I know. I've been on this board for at least 10 years...I had another profile for a few years before that I lost the credentials to (Cap10Mickey), and kept this one going ever since. This whole time I've had a strict (self-imposed) policy to not "ignore" anyone, especially not because I simply disagree with them. I'm not saying I'll never find an exception, but BB8 hasn't risen to that level yet. For the most part, I read his posts and just 🤣:hilarious:🤣:hilarious:

DanielBB8

What? You guys still haven't ignored BB8?
I don't get what I posted was so offensive. Didn't I defend Imagineering from the bad Disney Executives? Then I was made to divert to other topics because that's where they wanted to go. I know talking about Star Wars is divisive, but this is a Star Wars discussion and we're not allowed to talk about it? I suppose that makes sense in your world.

Yay, Disney Star Wars!!!

DanielBB8

I know, I know. I've been on this board for at least 10 years...I had another profile for a few years before that I lost the credentials to (Cap10Mickey), and kept this one going ever since. This whole time I've had a strict (self-imposed) policy to not "ignore" anyone, especially not because I simply disagree with them. I'm not saying I'll never find an exception, but BB8 hasn't risen to that level yet. For the most part, I read his posts and just 🤣:hilarious:🤣:hilarious:
You know people run out of things to say when they ask why I picked my username. :hilarious::banghead:

Monorail_Orange

You know people run out of things to say when they ask why I picked my username. :hilarious::banghead:
We've been over that before, about how the idea was to attempt to see things from your point of view. You have resolutely decided not to answer, and frankly, that's your prerogative. Personally, I find it humorous that it's become a running joke.

Incidentally, it's not that I've run out things to say, but I realize I'm not going to change your mind, so I just chuckle a bit and keep on scrollin'. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

ThistleMae

Pretty much nothing. Air and water. Jk lol. But seriously very restrictive. So it’s basically mostly leafy greens and vegetables. Hardly any fruit except some berries. No nightshade vegetables so no potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes. Sweet potatoes are ok. No sugar except dark chocolate sparingly. Lots of olive oil. Small portions of lean meats. Almost no grains except some stuff you never heard of. Pretty much no sauces. You make all the sauces yourself that mostly consist of olive oil, vinegars, Dijon mustard etc..

I hadn’t been eating very well and just needed to kind of reset. I’m doing this for 30 days just to see how I feel. Every time I come off the rails I need to do something extreme like this to reset my eating habits and end up somewhere in the happy middle. Felt like crap yesterday morning as my body is detoxing from sugar but think I’m over the hump and feel pretty good today. Anyway if you want to look it up it’s called Dr Gundry’s plant paradox . He goes into how we need to avoid beans and some of the other stuff I listed that have lectins. Stuff that plants create that are bad for us so we don’t eat them. Basically not all plants want to be eaten. Anyway, i just called it an anti inflammation diet because that’s basically what it is just with an emphasis on lectins.
My sister is currently trying this diet for a rare type of arthritis. It's only been two weeks but she is already feeling better. But....she is getting tired of eating the same things over and over again. It's super restrictive. I do think it's very similar to the Keto diet.🛸 Sorry if I've gone off topic..apologies.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

And you know something is off when someone repeatedly refuses to answer the most simple question about their username... perhaps because they know answering it will ultimately destroy their entire narrative regarding the topic at hand.
What narrative? That’s some theorizing. That’s exactly why I not giving you any ideas.

Mac Tonight

What narrative? That’s some theorizing. That’s exactly why I not giving you any ideas.
Mmmmm how about your on-going narrative that the sequel trilogy is bad, killing the franchise, etc? Take your pick.
The fact that it is so burdensome for you to simply say you like the character is baffling.

DanielBB8

Mmmmm how about your on-going narrative that the sequel trilogy is bad, killing the franchise, etc? Take your pick.
The fact that it is so burdensome for you to simply say you like the character is baffling.
Says the person that threw in the towel after calling you on the box office claim. Wow.

mickEblu

My sister is currently trying this diet for a rare type of arthritis. It's only been two weeks but she is already feeling better. But....she is getting tired of eating the same things over and over again. It's super restrictive. I do think it's very similar to the Keto diet.

Yeah it’s really Restrictive. I probably ate more vegetables in this last week than I have all last year. The recipes are pretty good but they are terribly time consuming. If anything this book put a couple healthy dressings, seasonings and a couple of dishes that wouldn’t have been on my radar otherwise that I will probably use long term.

As a whole the diet isn’t anything I can do long term. I’ve already modified it to my taste (sorry I like my bananas yellow, not green) and ate some rice and kabob and other stuff on Sunday because that’s what I wanted. It’s not something I can follow 100% long term but even at 50% it’s 1000% better than how I was eating in July and August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom