News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

mickEblu

Advertisement
Over on the WDW ROTR thread....

Latest word I have from a few days ago is that TDO is now expecting to have to announce a delay for the opening, but they're holding off on the announcement so as to not damage potential holiday resort bookings. Things continue to go poorly at both construction sites, the budget continues to balloon beyond requirements, and TDA is frankly in freak-out mode because September attendance is continuing to be abysmal even with APs unlocked. DHS data is beginning to settle in, and MFSR is regularly being outperformed in riders and queue times by Slinky Dog AND RnRC after 1:00 pm.

Reshoots are continuing for Episode 9 until October. Post production will go right down to the wire. Top executives at Disney have gotten involved with JJ and have given specific, direct orders to make certain changes in an attempt to bolster the entire franchise. Rian Johnson was given official notice by Disney that he is no longer to confirm he is making any future trilogy or working on any future movies. He was given the ability to be ambiguous about it, but no more confirmations per Disney legal. Essentially, he's a dead man walking when it comes to ever working with Star Wars again.

Captn EO

I'd rather have them delay the ride as much as they can if it means it operates more smoothly. Cars and Indy break down on a daily basis. Would like to avoid that if possible.

SSG

The delay may just be for WDW. Maybe?
Yeah hopefully. With the delay being so long already, I figured booking 5 weeks past the scheduled opening would be OK. And I wanted to avoid the spring break nonsense in March & April. Ah, well, open or delayed, I expect we'll enjoy ourselves, like always.

mickEblu

I woke up today on the 4th day of anti-inflammation diet in a good mood and have to say I think I’ve been a little too harsh on the Falcon. I mean that literally. Just a “little.” I think we re underselling just a tad how cool it is to be able to steer a simulator of that caliber. With that said, I still think this attraction has given us the first ever multi ticket classification attraction. I really don’t think you can call anything but one of the two pilot roles an E ticket experience. Of course I still wish it had a little more movement. When ROTR opens the perception on MFSR will change a little but IF they build a coaster in addition to opening ROTR that changes everything perception a ton. Still need the streetmosphere and all that. And I’m not talking about Rey and Chewie staring at the X wing pretending to do something.

mickEblu

Yeah hopefully. With the delay being so long already, I figured booking 5 weeks past the scheduled opening would be OK. And I wanted to avoid the spring break nonsense in March & April. Ah, well, open or delayed, I expect we'll enjoy ourselves, like always.
I think that it ll be open. Unless they rush things to open it prematurely and it breaks down for another period of time after opening.

I also think that it’s more of a priority to get it open at WDW for the holidays. If they can’t get DLs open in time does it really matter in sleepy January? Aside from the little bit of embarrassment.

Mac Tonight

I woke up today on the 4th day of anti-inflammation diet in a good mood and have to say I think I’ve been a little too harsh on the Falcon. I mean that literally. Just a “little.” I think we re underselling just a tad how cool it is to be able to steer a simulator of that caliber. With that said, I still think this attraction has given us the first ever multi ticket classification attraction. I really don’t think you can call anything but one of the two pilot roles an E ticket experience. Of course I still wish it had a little more movement. When ROTR opens the perception on MFSR will change a little but IF they build a coaster in addition to opening ROTR that changes everything perception a ton. Still need the streetmosphere and all that. And I’m not talking about Rey and Chewie staring at the X wing pretending to do something.
Out of curiousity... what does an anti-inflammation diet consist of?

SSG

Youtube's algorithm steers me to Disneyland videos. Recently one titled Rey and Chewie in GE pops up. I watch as they halfheartedly tinker with a fighter for a few minutes, before the video ends. That's it; that's the video. I'm expecting Rey takes Chewie to the groomers next.

mickEblu

Youtube's algorithm steers me to Disneyland videos. Recently one titled Rey and Chewie in GE pops up. I watch as they halfheartedly tinker with a fighter for a few minutes, before the video ends. That's it; that's the video. I'm expecting Rey takes Chewie to the groomers next.
Yes that’s exactly what I saw. So awkward

mickEblu

Out of curiousity... what does an anti-inflammation diet consist of?
Pretty much nothing. Air and water. Jk lol. But seriously very restrictive. So it’s basically mostly leafy greens and vegetables. Hardly any fruit except some berries. No nightshade vegetables so no potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes. Sweet potatoes are ok. No sugar except dark chocolate sparingly. Lots of olive oil. Small portions of lean meats. Almost no grains except some stuff you never heard of. Pretty much no sauces. You make all the sauces yourself that mostly consist of olive oil, vinegars, Dijon mustard etc..

I hadn’t been eating very well and just needed to kind of reset. I’m doing this for 30 days just to see how I feel. Every time I come off the rails I need to do something extreme like this to reset my eating habits and end up somewhere in the happy middle. Felt like crap yesterday morning as my body is detoxing from sugar but think I’m over the hump and feel pretty good today. Anyway if you want to look it up it’s called Dr Gundry’s plant paradox . He goes into how we need to avoid beans and some of the other stuff I listed that have lectins. Stuff that plants create that are bad for us so we don’t eat them. Basically not all plants want to be eaten. Anyway, i just called it an anti inflammation diet because that’s basically what it is just with an emphasis on lectins.

Mac Tonight

Pretty much nothing. Air and water. Jk lol. But seriously very restrictive. So it’s basically mostly leafy greens and vegetables. Hardly any fruit except some berries. No nightshade vegetables so no potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes. Sweet potatoes are ok. No sugar except dark chocolate sparingly. Lots of olive oil. Small portions of lean meats. Almost no grains except some stuff you never heard of. Pretty much no sauces. You make all the sauces yourself that mostly consist of olive oil, vinegars, Dijon mustard etc..

I hadn’t been eating very well and just needed to kind of reset. I’m doing this for 30 days just to see how I feel. Every time I come off the rails I need to do something extreme like this to reset my eating habits and end up somewhere in the happy middle. Felt like crap yesterday morning as my body is detoxing from sugar but think I’m over the hump and feel pretty good today. Anyway if you want to look it up it’s called Dr Gundry’s plant paradox . He goes into how we need to avoid beans and some of the other stuff I listed that have lectins. Stuff that plants create that are bad for us so we don’t eat them. Basically not all plants want to be eaten. Anyway, i just called it an anti inflammation diet because that’s basically what it is just with an emphasis on lectins.
Good to know. I don't want to derail this thread, but I definitely believe there's a direct correlation between what we eat and how we feel (not just physically).

Mickeyboof

A coaster would go a long way , but I wonder how thrilling it would be? Both MF and RotR have height requirements and a complaint I hear a lot is there's so little for small kids to do. Wouldn't Disney be more likely to build something tame?
Theme parks really aren’t for kids. Most of them are overheated, crying, sleeping, or just wishing they were watching YouTube videos at home.

Actually, most of them are on their parent’s phones watching YouTube videos at the park anyways.

Bring on the taller height requirements!

Top Bottom