News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

DanielBB8

I was defending Imagineering and blaming the executives. Somehow you think this is about me. If you think the public is not so forgiving of Star Wars, your argument isn't with me.

SSG

A rumor going around various Star Wars fan groups is the original GE plan was to have the entire saga represented--all 3 trilogies--so Luke, Vader, Darth Maul, Padme, Rey, etc. would all be present as characters and in attractions. But Iger himself nixed it because he thought The Force Awakes and the sequel movies would be crazy popular, so GE should just be based on just the sequels.

Like I said, just a rumor, so grain of salt and all that, but man; not a great call if it's true.

Supreme Leader

It's not only the reshoots. Have you heard the leaked plotting? I wonder what they are trying to fix.

1. Rey might be granddaughter of Palpatine.
2. Time traveling Rey might be grandmother of Luke.
I also recall similar "leaked" plots before The Last Jedi came out and ALL of them being WRONG.

Mac Tonight

It's not only the reshoots. Have you heard the leaked plotting? I wonder what they are trying to fix.

1. Rey might be granddaughter of Palpatine.
2. Time traveling Rey might be grandmother of Luke.
If I recall rightly, Rey was rumored to be a Palpatine since back when TFA came out.

Though I've enjoyed the movies of the sequel trilogy they really messed up big time by going in without a three-film arc. Having it be a "whatever the current director wants" for each film was just dumb and destined to disappoint.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We have two competing ""leaks"" WRT the use of the new trilogy in SWL...
1. WDI wanted to do the OT, but folks at LucasFilm insisted it'd be the new trilogy.​
2. WDI wanted to do the OT, but top execs at Disney insisted it'd be the new trilogy seeing TFA's B.O. take.​

There can be only one conclusion here... WDI is the source of the leaks.

Supreme Leader

You might not like the prequels, but they didn't kill the fanbase, which was why fans complain about The Last Jedi.
You're joking right? The prequels and the fans harassment of George Lucas caused him to quit the franchise before he could even finish up all 9 films. He stopped after the prequels because of the "fans" complaining that he "ruined" their childhood. Which in turn caused him to retire and then sell the company and characters to Disney for way less than what they were worth. Now, go grab your clown nose and go back to clown college where you belong. Clown.

Mac Tonight

Don't look now... but Jon Favreau is thinking about doing more with SW...

Favreau, who is serving as showrunner on the upcoming “The Mandalorian” series, recently spoke with ET Online during which he gave a shoutout to the weird cult TV production “The Star Wars Holiday Special”. In fact, he suggests he might try to bring the special back via the Disney+ streaming service:

“I was the one who was bringing The Holiday Special to the table, that’s my generation. I love The Holiday Special – certain sequences more than others – but I love the introduction of Boba Fett and that rifle that he had. That animated piece still holds up. It’s pretty cool. I draw inspiration from that. I would love to do a Holiday Special. If you want to see a Holiday Special, let Disney+ know.”

DanielBB8

You're joking right? The prequels and the fans harassment of George Lucas caused him to quit the franchise before he could even finish up all 9 films. He stopped after the prequels because of the "fans" complaining that he "ruined" their childhood. Which in turn caused him to retire and then sell the company and characters to Disney for way less than what they were worth. Now, go grab your clown nose and go back to clown college where you belong. Clown.
I'm not talking about this. My quote doesn't address this. The prequels did good box office. It didn't kill the franchise. Star Wars merchandising continued to be quite successful when Lucas sold it to Disney. Lucas had some ideas to the sequel trilogy that Disney passed up on. Lucas was going to retire in any case.

Mac Tonight

I'm not talking about this. My quote doesn't address this. The prequels did good box office. It didn't kill the franchise. Star Wars merchandising continued to be quite successful when Lucas sold it to Disney. Lucas had some ideas to the sequel trilogy that Disney passed up on. Lucas was going to retire in any case.
Not sure you wanna argue from a financial standpoint. Both TFA and TLJ have far out-performed the prequel trilogies at the BO. Domestically, none of the prequels even cracked the 500 million mark, with Ep 2 being the lowest at just over 300 million.

DanielBB8

Not sure you wanna argue from a financial standpoint. Both TFA and TLJ have far out-performed the prequel trilogies at the BO. Domestically, none of the prequels even cracked the 500 million mark, with Ep 3 being the lowest at under 400 million.
I'd rather not start a debate on this, but you did. You need to account for inflation. The prequels did well when it was released.

Again, you're even worse to divert from my original argument. What was that? I don't even remember. (Something about Imagineering)

Mac Tonight

I'd rather not start a debate on this, but you did. You need to account for inflation. The prequels did well when it was released.
I'm not saying they didn't. I'm saying the sequel trilogy is doing good if not much better B.O. So you can't really say they're killing the franchise from a financial standpoint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom