News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

note2001

but with a free refillable resort mug perhaps
I'm in! Where is the DVC kiosk?
I mean, DisneyQuest was open for several years.
Apples to oranges. DQ had a large following for awhile there and people were willing to pay the reasonable price for a short bit of entertainment. Demand dropped off as at-home gaming became better & more popular.

TDLFan

Everyone on Facebook is talking about the price, but I still believe had there been actual Star Wars characters and not made up roles with no emotional ties, and a cameo by Rey and Kylo, it would have done better. They could have done so much with the pantheon of great characters and places Lucas created but they decided to go with nothing that made Star Wars the global phenomenon it WAS. I don't care what anyone says, Star Wars is what Lucas created. It's like Disney bought the Lord of the Rings, wrote their own story and characters, and passed it off as the same thing. It's not. Lesson learned.

Disney Analyst

It was an experiment in a high priced experience that did not work beyond the initial superfans and bloggers. It was doomed as soon as the pricing was revealed at $5000+. A huge number of potential guests at that point just switched off to the project.

It seemed obvious then, and even more so now, but what should have been built was an actual Star Wars hotel, at a price point consistent with other deluxe accommodations at WDW.

And sadly, I think the current hotel is too small to be converted into a general Star Wars Hotel... so I assume it gets torn down?

ParentsOf4

And then run buses from MK, Epcot, AK, DS, and water parks too.
I thought it only had 110 rooms?

It’s too small to run buses to the other theme parks on a regular basis. Plus then anyone could just jump on a bus to visit - takes away some of its mystique.

But if you turn the food court into an ADR location that can only be accessed using the Galaxy’s Edge shuttle, with the checkin at the shuttle terminal, I suspect it will be packed.

The Roundup Rodeo charges $45 for freakin’ BBQ. Space 220 charges an insane $79. Both are really difficult ADRs to get.

Who’s not going to want to ride the “shuttle” to board the Galactic Starcruiser for their $79 meal? :greedy:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1684440204250.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom