News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If they lowered the price, they would have to cut back on the experience which would make it less appealing.

Theoretically less appealing. The target audience for this was always small with what they were offering and I feel like they made a TON of mistakes they could have changed to make it more appealing (please note, I've not done the cruise myself but seen several videos on most of the activities)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They're definitely blaming DeSantis.
Politicians come and go and Disney will outlast any in Florida.
Of course they will blame DeSantis because that’s the current hot thing to do (even if it isn’t his fault, which this project was failed a long time ago)

Disney is good at making bad decisions
….and then pointing the finger at others
…..while the rest of us facepalm it all

IanDLBZF

It was an experiment in a high priced experience that did not work beyond the initial superfans and bloggers. It was doomed as soon as the pricing was revealed at $5000+. A huge number of potential guests at that point just switched off to the project.

It seemed obvious then, and even more so now, but what should have been built was an actual Star Wars hotel, at a price point consistent with other deluxe accommodations at WDW.
I agree with you. This was doomed from the start, and should’ve never happened.

ParentsOf4

That’s the perfect way to go
Charge $300-$600 per night, cut out all the extras, and just run the existing shuttle to Galaxy’s Edge. (How much does it cost to build a lightsaber or robot, and how many buy those?)

Allow anyone to make an ADR at the Galactic Starcruiser food court, and use the Galaxy’s Edge shuttle to get there and back.

They’d fill it up.

But doing so would be a constant reminder of this albatross.

Howard Hughes flew the Spruce Goose once and then stored the plane at great expense for decades rather than admit his folly. Is Disney going to do the same?

Kevin_W

As a big fan, I am incredibly bummed I never even have a chance of doing it for a cheaper price. It was everything I could have wanted to do within the parks, but the price always crushed me. I know the chances are slim, with the shortcomings of a usual hotel (windows, pool, etc) but man, really hope it can be salvaged in any way as some form of hotel.

I have pools at home, so rarely use them at WDW. And I can live without a window. I think just making this a Star Wars themed hotel would be cool. I don't know what the meals were like here, but my daughter still talks about the Star Wars breakfast we did at Sci-Fi dine-in years ago during SWW. A themed hotel with food like that would be fun.

IanDLBZF

Charge $300-$600 per night, cut out all the extras, and just run the existing shuttle to Galaxy’s Edge. (How much does it cost to build a lightsaber or robot, and how many buy those?)

Allow anyone to make an ADR at the Galactic Starcruiser food court, and use the Galaxy’s Edge shuttle to get there and back.
And then run buses from MK, Epcot, AK, DS, and water parks too.

LeRaposa

I get that this will inevitably retooled but I struggle to see how they will make this affordable. Dropping the price by over 3k would require such significant cutbacks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom