News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

MrPromey

I don't know? :)

I will say, look how popular Halloween Horror Nights is at Universal. Look how popular Halloween in general is across the US.
I find it hard to imagine that a hotel themed to HM or ToT at Disney (let's say a regular hotel with options discussed in this thread, bars, dinners, etc, not immersive role-playing like they tried) would NOT be a popular option for families, adults, just overall Disney Parks fans. If it was priced right.
I think there is probably a reason that Universal has never extended the theme of HHN into any of their hotels.

While visions of the Grady sisters in hallways and blood gushing from elevator doors may seem like a cool concept. I'm not sure there's a huge audience who wants to then go from that to behind a hollow two inch thick door just down the hall to sleep for the night.

Everything you're saying sounds cool up until the point of "Oh yeah, and people are going to sleep there", to me.

I mean, I'm sure there'd be an audience. I doubt it would be bigger than the one that couldn't make this experience work, though unless it was incredibly de-fanged from start to finish...and then, wouldn't it just be a regular hotel/resort with some unique architecture and maybe a fun bar, basically like what most of them are on property, already?

Last edited:

FettFan

For me, this will always be the defining image of this entire debacle:
Josh holding the tiny Playskool “lightsaber”.

See, it’s like that Star Wars thingy!

View attachment 717352

1wtmw6.jpg

Smooth

My questions are:
1. Have they been losing a LOT of money?
2. Have they been breaking even?
3. Have they simply been NOT making as much as they wanted?
4. At this point, have they recouped their investment?
Inquiring minds..... you know the rest.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Here was the issue for me. They wanted you to pay 5k and micromanage you for 2 days.

This should have always been a Star Wars themed resort that if you wanted to - you could stay for a week (or for however long a duration you wanted). Hang out at the pool. Have lots of Star Wars activities, themed events and interactions with Star Wars characters where participation was optional. You should have been given the option to spend the day at the MK and then come back and hang out at the Mos Eisley and pay a premium on drinks. Or spend the day at AK and then return to the resort for a SW type show or activity.

If you wanted to charge $500 a plate for an exclusive dining experience with a costumed Han Solo fine. If you wanted to have a top of the line Star Wars themed room for $1500 a night, fine.

They forced it. IMO that's where they went wrong. Thinking they could control the guests behavior while the guest is on vacation *cough*- park res system, Lightning Lane, ILL, etc *cough*

It's the Disney model of "we'll tell you how you will vacation at DW"

FettFan

Coming soon! "Moana's South Pacific Resort and Spa"

Happiness Hotel

If you wanted to charge $500 a plate for an exclusive dining experience with a costumed Han Solo fine. If you wanted to have a top of the line Star Wars themed room for $1500 a night, fine.

For $500 a plate, we better be getting dinner with the real Harrison Ford.
And he better be allowed to share stories that don’t involve Star Wars.

brb1006

The fate of Galactic Starcruiser was sealed as soon as Disney released this first look video showing an overly excited Sean Giambrone talking with Ann Morrow Johnson from January 2022.

It got mocked so hard (especially from Star Wars fans) that it caused Disney to remove this promo from the Disney Parks Youtube Channel.

GalacticStarCruiserPromo3.PNG

GalacticStarCruiserPromo.PNG

GalacticStarCruiserPromo2.PNG

Disney really want us to forgot that promo. :hilarious:

And The Welcome Video that was actually leaked before this promo.

Epcot81Fan

The fate of Galactic Starcruiser was sealed as soon as Disney released this first look video showing an overly excited Sean Giambrone talking with Ann Morrow Johnson from January 2022.

It got mocked so hard (especially from Star Wars fans) that it caused Disney to remove this promo from the Disney Parks Youtube Channel.

View attachment 717387

View attachment 717385

View attachment 717386

Disney really want us to forgot that promo. :hilarious:

And The Welcome Video that was actually leaked before this promo.

To what a poster said earlier, the entire concept feels like a soccer mom throwing a "Star Warsy" party for their six year old, but who had never actually seen a Star Wars movie.

The entire WDI team and every executive connected to this debacle needs to be fired.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
GE isn't reliant on an opening weekend box office.

also, people seem to enjoy GE, cuz they like themselves some star wars stuffs
That doesn’t change the fact it underwhelms…cause Disney doesn’t understand Star Wars

You can “make money” and still underperform with a product…that’s what Disney has done with Star Wars due to their own ineptitude since day 1 and that is bad business

Smiley/OCD

I mean, we don't do this either - although I did buy a Slytherin scarf and hat, 🤔. But how is this anymore weird than grown men who paint their faces, wear everything related to their favorite sports team and act like morons at sporting events? 😄
It's all just for fun.
I don’t don the makeup but I do wear the jersey for my games…it’s kinda like apples and oranges in the sense that with a sporting event, everyone there has the same goal, to “root” for their team and are all in the same place as opposed to people with SW capes walking around TSL…(if that makes any sense)…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom