News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Have Geordi Beam the Klingons up from Uranus 🪐
Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Indy_UK

The DOA failures of this hotel and the EPCOT fireworks show (among other recent projects) still blows me away. How do these people still have jobs? I think in any other business/market -- the execs in charge of these decisions would be shown the door.

Disney management are in their own echo chamber.

Making common sense decisions to them is giving into the die hard fans who flock the forums like this and there’s no way the management is going to do that so they ignore the bleeding obvious that even the general guest is telling them

monothingie

Premium Member
Disney management are in their own echo chamber
The DOA failures of this hotel and the EPCOT fireworks show (among other recent projects) still blows me away. How do these people still have jobs? I think in any other business/market -- the execs in charge of these decisions would be shown the door.
It’s the same people who milked “Unprecedented Demand”, who are doubling down in denial about G+, embracing the up-charge, and who are completely oblivious to the severity and root causes of people walking away from Disney.

They are so out of touch that they don’t even realize they are pushing both casual and now loyal guests away.

BlakeW39

Is this supposed to be a gotcha?

you betcha pal. A wdwmagic special.

What a yutz…

What they did is fail to understand anything about the IP they bought…

But I smell what they’re stepping in here:
Drop the hotel rooms and try to make this an upsell “excusion”

So they failed at the cruise ship…so now they’ll pivot to the island with locals selling painted coconuts

no doubt. One of Disney's biggest issues really. Hence the, "it's a good movie, but not a good [franchise name] movie."

If you got access to a big IP.... use it wisely. Do your research and get to the core of what people love about it. And then don't change that. For IPs with passionate fanbases like Star Wars, Marvel, or DC... that is absolutely crucial. For example, one of the reasons the Spider-Man PS4 game succeeded was not just because it was a good game, but also because it was a good Spider-Man game. It got the character and it showed. Ditto for SW.

Last edited:

Incomudro

you betcha pal. A wdwmagic special.

no doubt. One of Disney's biggest issues really. Hence the, "it's a good movie, but not a good [franchise name] movie."

If you got access to a big IP.... use it wisely. Do your research and get to the core of what people love about it. And then don't change those things. For mediums with passionate fanbases like Star Wars, Marvel, or DC... that is absolutekt crucial. One of the reasons the Spider-Man PS4 game succeeded was not just because it was a good game, but also because it was a good Spider-Man game. It got the character and it showed. Ditto for SW.
And it's not complicated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney management are in their own echo chamber.

Making common sense decisions to them is giving into the die hard fans who flock the forums like this and there’s no way the management is going to do that so they ignore the bleeding obvious that even the general guest is telling them

Moles is correct.

Now if I were one to be repetitive, over analyzing and brutally honest…I might offer my own opinion…
But I don’t do that (🤥)

The problem is now ONE guy. Not a very big nor impressive one either.

It’s not just an echo chamber…it’s an ego driven “philosophy” that has become necessary for the one person that has gone way off the reservation.

Another problem is this company has allowed a puppet board…which I’ll add is the exact thing he was brought in to prevent.

No public company should have an emperor with a court. That is essentially what they have. After the absolute antics of the last 3 years…there is no need for more evidence.

Decisions are made based on if they support “the philosophy”…not if they make empirical sense.
That’s why the mistakes are piling up.

Only a stock tank is gonna stop it. So it should. This isn’t going where it ends well for Disney nor it’s fans. All of us..agree on minor things or not. We are in the same boat.
This die is cast.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

Moles is correct.

Now if I were one to be repetitive, over analyzing and brutally honest…I might offer my own opinion…
But I don’t do that (🤥)

The problem is now ONE guy. Not a very big nor impressive one either.

It’s not just an echo chamber…it’s an ego driven “philosophy” that has become necessary for the one person that has gone way off the reservation.

The problem is this company has allowed a puppet board…which I’ll add is the exact thing he was brought in to prevent.

Not public company should have an emperor with a court. That is essentially what they have. After the absolute antics of the last 3 years…there is no need for more evidence.

Decisions are made based on if they support “the philosophy”…not if they make empirical sense.
That’s why the mistakes are piling up.

Only a stock tank is gonna stop it. So it should. This isn’t going where it ends well Disney nor it’s fans. All of us..agree on minor things or not. We are in the same boat.
This die is cast.

I do think Iger and his appointment of the board is a big issue with modern Disney. Like you said a public company shouldn't have an emperor with a court. There's no course correction, no diversity in opinion, just Iger's philsophy guiding all the company's decisions. So until the board is changed and Iger is gone (probably whoever comes after him, too) I don't think change will occur. things still gotta get worse for the company before they get better. won't be good for any of us until then, unfortunately.

Last edited:

cookiee_munster

I'd like to see either two things come out of this.

1) Cast Members and Performers moved over to Galaxies Edge/Hollywood Studios, where a new dining experience is set up where the proposed dining area was supposed to go in the first place.

2) The interactive experience still kept going on the star cruiser but almost as an escape room experience. So rather than stay there, you just pay to go there for a few hours to go through the interactive role play instead. The experience would just be a paired down, far less expensive experience than it is now. The suites/rooms can be repurposed into backstage/office space/storage etc.

Just out of interest, for anyone that's stayed there, or experienced it. Could you give us a run-down of everything that was included in the $5K pricing?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd like to see either two things come out of this.

1) Cast Members and Performers moved over to Galaxies Edge/Hollywood Studios, where a new dining experience is set up where the proposed dining area was supposed to go in the first place.

2) The interactive experience still kept going on the star cruiser but almost as an escape room experience. So rather than stay there, you just pay to go there for a few hours to go through the interactive role play instead. The experience would just be a paired down, far less expensive experience than it is now. The suites/rooms can be repurposed into backstage/office space/storage etc.

Just out of interest, for anyone that's stayed there, or experienced it. Could you give us a run-down of everything that was included in the $5K pricing?
…”experience” foul…
That’s 2 shots and the ball 🏀

monothingie

Premium Member
They don't understand the customer. They develop loaded surveys to give them the feedback they want to hear which only reinforces their current course of action.

Bob Chapek should be counting his lucky stars he got fired when he did.

Mireille

Premium Member
To convert it into a dinner show they could do two concurrent shows, one on Deck 6, the other on Deck 4.
The Hoop-Dee-Doo Galactic Revue! Orbital excursions with shuttles departing hourly from Batuu! An all-you-care-to-eat meal with far out shenanigans the whole family will enjoy! (I can't tell if I'm being serious or sarcastic... with a decent show, I think it could actually work.) $89/adult, $49/child!

erasure fan1

If you got access to a big IP.... use it wisely. Do your research and get to the core of what people love about it. And then don't change that.
It's a mistake just about EVERY studio is guilty of. They use the ip for it's name recognition and built in fan base to create what they want it to be. Instead of what it is supposed to be. If you don't stay true to the ip, odds are pretty good it will struggle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom