News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

Miru

I doubt we will hear anything about it at D23. I think Disney is still trying to figure out what to do with the franchise
They do seem to want to move on from “legacy content” in favor of more newfangled ideas like the High Republic project.

Miru

Yes. But reality has spoken, and loudly.

The hot hand is in the Mandoverse. Everything else has failed pretty spectacularly.
To be fair there was Rebels. The sequel trilogy started off as a success but its excesses did it in by the third entry. There are many non-spectacular failures as well. Andor is also technically not a Mandoverse property, & Visions isn’t even canon.

Last edited:

LSLS

Andor would like a word... I wish they'd keep that quality level, I don't know why they're finding it so hard to write good Star Wars but the demand is there they just keep missing the mark on the scriptwriting, they need to trust their creatives.
We may need to define fail though. It may have been a well received by critics and those who watched, but I thought the viewership was way down on it compared to others.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I doubt we will hear anything about it at D23. I think Disney is still trying to figure out what to do with the franchise

To be fair, they did just buy Lucasfilm from George so...

Wait. *checks calendar* It's been 12 years. And they still don't know what the hell they are doing with a franchise that was once bullet-proof.

Miru

Wait. *checks calendar* It's been 12 years. And they still don't know what the hell they are doing with a franchise that was once bullet-proof.
They did know what they were doing a while back, but then everyone clowned on them for The Last Jedi so they lost the plot as a result of that.

easyrowrdw

I haven’t really loved a lot of the Disney Star Wars stuff. But, to be fair, Lucas put the first bullets in Star Wars well before Disney bought it.

JoeCamel

They made the money spent back plus a few shekels so that is a win in Bob's book, but not fully milking the cow is baffling. Not in his nature at all

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They kinda did, but then people skewered the Last Jedi (Carrie Fisher’s death, among others, didn’t help), causing them to lose that direction.

If they don’t find a direction, I could see the IP being shelved by 2039.
Abrams didn’t really start them down a good path. He had one job with the first movie and refused to do it - reunite the main 3 characters on screen.

The whole “we’re going to write our Star Wars stories” when they had copious amounts of good material to pull from was astoundingly stupid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom