News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I’ve said all I can to you on this.
You didn’t read well…

I’m constantly sent to “time out” for presenting opinion as fact…problem is I don’t do it all that often.

And you blew past it here as an example. Did everyone hate it? Of course not. What I said was “consider”…key word…that those who did it and “loved it” are being influenced by their Disney fandom and or Star Wars fandom to self soothe everything that has transpired these last 10 years?

Are you saying that not possible? Because that is not accurate and you would know that.

We all are fans…in different ways…but let’s not pretend there isn’t a powerful groupthink for cash that breeds apologists and smoke screens.

Hell…Disney tells you that’s their goal! They just call it “IP” and “brand” and “experiences” to shield it. Those are marketing terms, my friend.

This is a chess game, not checkers.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I heard from someone who knows … that the true development cost of the Starcruiser was more like $250 million for the building and close to $1 billion for the concept.

Ouch.
750mil sunk in development? Yeah, no wonder why someone would pull the plug.

Christmas special cruises? Yes Mr Iger, for $150mil we can generate a new side adventure...

So second biggest boondoggle behind magicbands it seems.

erasure fan1

That woman hasn’t a clue how to deal with SW,
But, but, but, all the movies made over a billion dollars!!! The only ones who don't like Disney star wars are man babies living in their parents basement!
:p
you need to consider the almost certain possibility they lied…mostly to themselves but also bleeding out into Al gore’s internet.
Well if you watched the footage that was taken by the vloggers on the first cruise. It just looked crazy cheesy. It did not look very good at all. And you could really tell, at least the vids I watched, they were really overselling it. And that first cruise would have been at its best.
Maybe the yeti in EE will get fixed, Peter Pan's Flight will at least get the Shanghai upgrade, we'll get a Villains land, Country Bears will be get a new soundtrack, maybe we can get Journey Into Imagination back, complete with Dreamfinder...wishful thinking,
The funny thing is that there is almost zero chance of anything improving. When you take as big of a bath on this as they are, the only thing we will see is price increases and more shuttered experiences. They gotta recoup that cash some way.

LittleBuford

You didn’t read well…

I’m constantly sent to “time out” for presenting opinion as fact…problem is I don’t do it all that often.

And you blew past it here as an example. Did everyone hate it? Of course not. What I said was “consider”…key word…that those who did it and “loved it” are being influenced by their Disney fandom and or Star Wars fandom to self soothe everything that has transpired these last 10 years?

Are you saying that not possible? Because that is not accurate and you would know that.

We all are fans…in different ways…but let’s not pretend there isn’t a powerful groupthink for cash that breeds apologists and smoke screens.

Hell…Disney tells you that’s their goal! They just call it “IP” and “brand” and “experiences” to shield it. Those are marketing terms, my friend.

This is a chess game, not checkers.
All this because I dared to point out that it has received generally positive reviews from those who’ve experienced it and might have done well if priced more affordably.

Brian

So I heard from someone who knows … that the true development cost of the Starcruiser was more like $250 million for the building and close to $1 billion for the concept.

Ouch.
Yikes. I had heard the R&D was a fortune, but didn't think the figure was that high.

JoeCamel

At least shows they have a firm grasp of sunk costs!

Sad thing is.. I bet harmonious cost more :)

Ouch.
I want to see these (Harm, Hotel and all the other "missteps" of the last five years) show up as a bottom line cost item. They tossed the money like they were the government or something and the public (stockholders) should be made aware of

ParentsOf4

Interestingly, selecting any of the special offer links:

1684449372169.png

Now results in this:

1684449436212.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom