News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
Its interesting that now as we see it in the flesh ... just how much of the “ugly” side faces the road and the approach. If they have guests actually depart at that loop and structure we see them building... i wonder how they plan to dress it all?

Sure they can valet people at that curb... but if guests actually drive up to that... eww.

Thelazer

The only reason people are arguing it is doomed because it's not what that individual wants for themselves...

No, it's because the concept is doomed to start with.

While Comic-con and events like that have there fair share of cos-play, something on this grand of a scale with all costs and logistics involved has never been done by Disney (let alone any hotel) before.

Had they blocked out the contemporary for 3 weeks, and "Play Tested" by picking 200 guests, locking them into there rooms, blacking out the windows to the outside and only letting them out into a ballroom... (forcing them to be 24 / 7 in role play mode in full costume, never seeing the light of day, nor a pool..) and THEN loaded in equity level actors on top of that to interact with them (since a $12 an hour CM, who says "Bright Suns" isn't going to cut it here..) I think they would have quickly decided this was a non-starter of an idea and this never would have been green lit.

But that didn't happen, and now this hot mess is full light speed to Endor.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No, it's because the concept is doomed to start with.

While Comic-con and events like that have there fair share of cos-play, something on this grand of a scale with all costs and logistics involved has never been done by Disney (let alone any hotel) before.

Had they blocked out the contemporary for 3 weeks, and "Play Tested" by picking 200 guests, locking them into there rooms, blacking out the windows to the outside and only letting them out into a ballroom... (forcing them to be 24 / 7 in role play mode in full costume, never seeing the light of day, nor a pool..) and THEN loaded in equity level actors on top of that to interact with them (since a $12 an hour CM, who says "Bright Suns" isn't going to cut it here..) I think they would have quickly decided this was a non-starter of an idea and this never would have been green lit.

But that didn't happen, and now this hot mess is full light speed to Endor.

Just because you dont know about these kind of getaway adventures doesnt mean they don’t exist. What is unique here is the idea of someone as big as disney doing it with star wars...

The people who have the biggest problem with this are the people who don’t want this... but instead were just looking for a star wars hotel for their stay at wdw.

peter11435

Its interesting that now as we see it in the flesh ... just how much of the “ugly” side faces the road and the approach. If they have guests actually depart at that loop and structure we see them building... i wonder how they plan to dress it all?

Sure they can valet people at that curb... but if guests actually drive up to that... eww.
Are you referring to the actual structure as the ugly side? Because that will be entirely hidden from guest view by landscaping. The only thing guests will see is the porte-cochere and the angled walls.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Are you referring to the actual structure as the ugly side? Because that will be entirely hidden from guest view by landscaping. The only thing guests will see is the porte-cochere and the angled walls.

I'm referring to the entire north/nw elevation as the through-road and entrance way really face the service building and all that side of the plot. The 'shuttle' lane has a curve to it, but it can't be screened off entirely. In fact, I'd kinda wish guests couldn't see the 'shuttles' at all.. hopefully the chance for 'passing them' while on the roads is minimized by scheduling.

peter11435

I'm referring to the entire north/nw elevation as the through-road and entrance way really face the service building and all that side of the plot. The 'shuttle' lane has a curve to it, but it can't be screened off entirely. In fact, I'd kinda wish guests couldn't see the 'shuttles' at all.. hopefully the chance for 'passing them' while on the roads is minimized by scheduling.
I think with proper landscaping it can be entirely screened off.

I doubt guests will recognize the shuttles from the outside.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the latest picture we can now confirm that the hotel has three guest room levels. Assuming there are no rooms in the other part of the building that would mean 102 rooms total based on the blueprints we have seen.

SWGalaxysEdge

like the concept artwork...(minus the "Star Wars")

star-wars-hotel-valet.jpg

SWGalaxysEdge

Just because you dont know about these kind of getaway adventures doesnt mean they don’t exist. What is unique here is the idea of someone as big as disney doing it with star wars...

The people who have the biggest problem with this are the people who don’t want this... but instead were just looking for a star wars hotel for their stay at wdw.

..or can't afford it (which is fine) and just want to tear down the ones who can...

SWGalaxysEdge

..it will be landscaped off - look at the drawing - you can see plans for hedges/whatever in front of things that might be seen.
Everything with the black/white border will be landscape to hide the building. They aren't gonna let you see something they don't want you to.

HotelOverview_labled_crop.jpg

SWGalaxysEdge

From the latest picture we can now confirm that the hotel has three guest room levels. Assuming there are no rooms in the other part of the building that would mean 102 rooms total based on the blueprints we have seen.

sound right - I had initially heard around 100 - but lots of levels in the "ship" for plenty of immersion!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

..it will be landscaped off - look at the drawing - you can see plans for hedges/whatever in front of things that might be seen.
Everything with the black/white border will be landscape to hide the building. They aren't gonna let you see something they don't want you to.

View attachment 421017
Is there gonna be a indoor pool or gym of any kind? you know, like an actual hotel would have?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Very interesting from the last batch of pictures that each hotel room as shown from the pictures has an exterior opening framed out. Most likely for exterior fire department access to individual “cabins”.
8ABED7B2-AC90-440A-B51E-88F67AECD3B5.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom