News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

SWGalaxysEdge

If those are hedges illustrated in the diagram... why are the same things inbetween the buildings where people actually have to move between the buildings? And blocking things like crosswalks, etc. What you've highlighted look like sidewalks... hence why they connect the crosswalks.

And 'hedges' need to be some colossal hedges to cover a 3+ story building.

Look, I never doubted they will have landscaping (duh).. the question is how they will screen or dress the whole thing that has it's flank exposed to the major route of travel.

...in that case, let's all wait and see the finished product.

SWGalaxysEdge

Another image from @bioreconstruct and their quote about it...
Aerial view of an overpass that will be replaced by a flat ramp, near Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser hotel. Overpass crosses what used to be the main parking entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios. Overpass and old entrance close in a week.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Yeah how dare i want a 3 grand hotel to operate like a hotel instead of a immersive role playing play set.
Then stay at the Grand Floridian or a villa at the Poly for that price. The concept is obviously not what you're interested in. If you book here, you aren't booking a $3k hotel - you're booking a live-in experience for the stay. There isn't a bait and switch here. It's going to deliver exactly what is advertised.

Incomudro

so guests are paying over 3grand for cast members to say "bright suns" and role play and they can't even relax in a indoor pool? a pool which is STANDARD FOR ANY HOTEL IN THE HISTORY OF HOTELS.

If stays were longer, I'd agree with you that even a "spaceship" could conceivably have a pool.
I'd probably want one myself.
But this stay is a short one, and guests don't have a pool for two days - and they know that going in.
It's not unusual at all for my family to not make it to the pool for two days even when staying at Beach Club.

Last edited:

kthomas105

This is not an exact layover but here is a general idea of where we can expect landscaped berms (a la SWL berm between TSMM and Batuu) to form and obscure the view of the hotel structure. As you can see from the concept art it is intended for the guest not to see the main building but instead only the Porte-cochère. The artistic license in the concept art is the heigh of the trees as it will take many years for the trees to resemble the art. As you can see in the overlay below the highlited berms will extend behind the achitetcual features of the Porte-cochère. Views from world drive and the exit ramp onto World drive will be the most exposed to backstage views of the hotel but similar views of SWL are also currently visible from World drive.
Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 9.48.14 AM.png
1572270553988.png

RSoxNo1

How many space ships have you traveled in that had pools? Do you know what happens to water when the artificial gravity fails and you are in the pool?

Just messing with you... Seriously, there are probably many people like you that want a pool, and not the full immersive experience. Hopefully Disney does a good job communicating and setting expectations.

I, for one, cannot wait for this! I'm not a huge Star Wars fan (although I did see Ep4 in theaters when it came out), nor have I ever done role playing in full costume. But, I do love murder mystery experiences and I see this as something similar, but SciFi based.
There was a pool in Passengers, fwiw.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also, do we know what the shuttle to the park will look like on the inside?

Not as far as I know.

This site has a rendering of what we're supposed to believe is happening (we may see it out of our space windows), plus an artist concept of the airlock to the shuttle.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How many WDW hotels don't have pools?

I know it may not be "space accurate", but some guests may want basic hotel amenities for the price Disney is charging.

It's not a hotel. That's the paradigm shift that people need to make to understand this. It's a two-day role-playing convention that happens to have sleeping quarters.

If one thinks of the cruise-line model, this is one of the much smaller cruise ships, like a schooner that only has 200 passengers. Such ships do not have a pool.

I'd be surprised if there's a pool.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How many WDW hotels don't have pools?

I know it may not be "space accurate", but some guests may want basic hotel amenities for the price Disney is charging.

You can't really compare this to other hotels, Disney or otherwise. It is a unique experience, so it should not be surprising that the amenities are not comparable to other hotels.

Animaniac93-98

I'd be surprised if there's a pool.

There's no reason to think there will be a pool based on blueprints, but it (or other things) may be added later.

It’s not a hotel. Not like you’re thinking.

Yes, I know it's "not a hotel". Just like Animal Kingdom is "not a zoo".

But people will want various things for the price Disney is charging and not all will be exclusively tied to role playing.

Animaniac93-98

You can't really compare this to other hotels, Disney or otherwise. It is a unique experience, so it should not be surprising that the amenities are not comparable to other hotels.

Guests will compare it to other hotels. You can call it whatever buzz word you want, it is still functionally, a hotel.

Heck this thread is titled "Star Wars Hotel". It is being reported on as such.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's not a hotel. That's the paradigm shift that people need to make to understand this. It's a two-day role-playing convention that happens to have sleeping quarters.

I really think this is going to be one of the challenges with this hotel. No matter how much Disney markets this as an "experience", there are still going to be guests who expect a normal hotel. It's going to be a tricky message to get across.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom