News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
According to That Other Site, the rumored price for smaller cabins:
  • Cabin for one? Pricing for a 2-night/3-day stay starts at $3,300 for one person, or just over $1,000 per person, per day. Cabins do sleep up to five passengers, so there’s also the option of maxing out the cabin occupancy for a relatively cheaper price per person. A cabin with five passengers would cost $7,200, or roughly $1,440 per person, for a more feasible $480 per person, per day price range.

How does a website that specializes in resort accommodations not understand that a 3 day / 2 night stay is not 3 days?
  • Day 1: You check in at 3 PM (giving housekeeping time to prep the rooms), which is half a day.
  • Day 2: You have a full day on day 2.
  • Day 3: you check out at 11 AM (giving housekeeping time to prep the rooms), which is half a day.
So, all totaled, it's 2 days. That's why your resort hotel will frame the number of days you're staying with then as the number of nights and not the number of days.

This is a 2 night stay. So, it's comparable to a 2 night stay in a resort or a 2 night cruise trip.

So, for one person, it's a total of $3,300, which is $1,650 per night.

For five friends sharing a room for 2 nights is a total of $7,200, or $3,600 per night. And when divided by the five buddies, $750 per night.

Wow.... 13K for a family of 4 for a 2 night stay. This is Golden Oak/Club 33 $$$. Not your fanboy SW fan that WDW desperately needs to fill this thing up night after night. They have got to be nervous after what happened with GE in DL and the poor movie attendance. I don't see this going well but I don't know how many millionaires are SW fanboys.
Actually I think it's $7200 for a family of 4. Just like a cruise the cost for 1 or 2 people in a cabin is essentially the same.

Indeed, unlike a standard hotel room where after the 2nd person there may be a small surcharge per night, the cost includes all the food and events of the two-day LARP, which is usually charged per head. So, there's a significant extra charge per person, but, the economics of the cost of the sleeping quarters being shared gives somewhat of a break... unless they're free-loading children who aren't paying their share from their own pockets. So, there is a family penalty, but its ameliorated somewhat by the non-linear increase per person due to the room-sharing.

Adults who each pay their own way and share as many as can fit in a room get the biggest break.

It does start with an H.

If the name of the ship is the same as the Project Codename for the resort, it has been revealed already and is in the rumor tracker. The name of the project is:
Hubble

Assuming clickbait reported pricing is accurate, It is most definitely not like cruise ship pricing. Using DCL as a comparison (because they are the most expensive) A 3 night DCL concierge stateroom (2 adults/2 children) is between $3-5k.

As I mentioned above, it is comparable not to a 3 night stay but a two night, which DCL doesn't do. So, figure 66% of that amount.

===

Now, let's build our own adventure for a 2-night event:
  • Deluxe Resort room: A random day in Feb shows the monorail resort rooms at about $600. So, two nights is $1,200.
  • Signature Meals with characters: Using CRT as a guide, about $60 adults (not counting alcohol purchase). So, four meals is $240
  • After Hours access to SWL: Using the After Hours pricing, let's call it $100, so, $200 for two nights.
  • LARPing at an average 8 hours per day. Using Escape Rooms, Murder Mystery Dinners, and TheVoid as a guide, let's say $50 an hour, or $400 day, or for two days: $800.
  • Light breakfast, drinks, snacks like you find a club level rooms or a cruise ship... let's say $50/day, so, a total of $100.
That comes to: $2,540. About $700 less than the SW Resort for one person. Perhaps I'm low-balling estimates? Perhaps the SW cachet and theming is worth that much more?

Let's do this for a family of five people...
  • Deluxe Resort room: A random day in Feb shows the monorail resort rooms at about $700. So, two nights is $1,400.
  • Signature Meals with characters: Using CRT as a guide, about $60/$50 children (not counting alcohol purchase). So, four meals for five people is $440
  • After Hours access to SWL: Using the After Hours pricing, let's call it $100, so, $200 for two nights. $1,000 for 5 people.
  • LARPing at an average 8 hours per day. Using Escape Rooms, Murder Mystery Dinners, and TheVoid as a guide, let's say $50 an hour, or $2000 day for five, or for two days: $4000.
  • Light breakfast, drinks, snacks like you find a club level rooms or a cruise ship... let's say $50/day, so, a total of $500.
That comes to: $7,340, which is pretty much what the rumored cost for five will be for SWR.

Last edited:

draybook

When you get the bill for staying off-world...

MrHappy

This "hotel" has giving me feelings I've never felt before in a DW project
1) No way, sounds too good
2) Here it comes, looks like it's going to work
3) Oh. Um, gee. That's cool too... I guess
4) Ah, ok?

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom