News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MurphyJoe

With the cruise ship model this resort is going with, I'm curious to see what split stay package deals Disney will be offering (not to mention the optional excursions/packages for this resort proper).

Bairstow

i dont see why they'd MAKE you stay in there the entire time. They want people to spend their money all around the Disney World property.

I don't think anyone is expecting that Disney wouldn't let you out- I think people are anticipating that guests who pay the premium to stay at the resort are going to want to maximize their time there to continue the immersion and experience every bit of the roleplay on offer.

In other words, if you're paying $1,000 per night (?) for the total Star Wars role-play experience, you're going to want to get every second of fun that you're paying for.

flynnibus

Premium Member
i dont see why they'd MAKE you stay in there the entire time. They want people to spend their money all around the Disney World property.

They will have plenty of options to spend money right inside the resort. This is setup like an inclusive resort.

For the 1,000th time.. this is NOT a hotel. This is a multi-day attraction upon itself. Think of it as a 'sleepover in the star wars universe'

You will play, eat, and sleep.. in the star wars universe.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah.. I'm thinking people are extrapolating based on the very limited info we have, that this is going to be like, a dream park cruise ship, effectively.

No, that IS the pitch made by Disney. Straight from Disney. The question was if they would stick to it or not in the final format.. and why part of the survey was around the concept of continuous stay, and durations.

It's proximity to SW:GE makes me think it's not designed as a "don't leave the hotel for 3 days" deal.. if that was the case they could slap it in anywhere in the hinterlands.

Ironically for your post.. THAT (the location) is where people are extrapolating. People were told the SWL perks part of the stay and people ASSUME that means the hotel is connected or close to the park.

The concept is you don't leave - this is a SPACE VOYAGE, not a star wars themed motel6 at WDW. Individuals will be able to chose how much they want to play an active role in the stories and activities - but it is not star wars hotel for while you are at WDW.

flynnibus

Premium Member
With the cruise ship model this resort is going with, I'm curious to see what split stay package deals Disney will be offering (not to mention the optional excursions/packages for this resort proper).

They won't need to offer much.. Just simply take both reservations at the same time from the same people.

disneygeek90

Not sure I'm sold on this concept. At least, for me. Would people even go to parks during this stay? Would people buy a 3 night stay at SW and then spend another 4 days at parks? The price tag on a week...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't think anyone is expecting that Disney wouldn't let you out- I think people are anticipating that guests who pay the premium to stay at the resort are going to want to maximize their time there to continue the immersion and experience every bit of the roleplay on offer.

Straight from the source... the intent is people stay. Obviously Disney won't LOCK YOU IN and not let someone out.. but the idea is everyone stays.. to avoid breaking the show.

This is also why they were trying to test if people would all be willing to check in and out at the same time.

My big concern is if Disney would stick to it.. or cave to people and operational pressures and remove that part of the show (Just like they did with the Hydrolators )

Dapper Dan

They will have plenty of options to spend money right inside the resort. This is setup like an inclusive resort.

For the 1,000th time.. this is NOT a hotel. This is a multi-day attraction upon itself. Think of it as a 'sleepover in the star wars universe'

You will play, eat, and sleep.. in the star wars universe.
It's a LARP, plain and simple. It's not the revolutionary new concept in entertainment Disney seems to think it is, people have been doing this for decades. This is just the first time one is being done with a really big budget.

cyanaye

as a huge star wars fan myself, i'm cool the concept and all in for a huge immersive star wars experience...but i can't help but feel like the general pitch will either fizzle out before construction, or fizzle out after it opens a few years down the line, eventually turning it into a normal star wars themed hotel which i'm 100% okay with.

I also would want the full DISNEY experience, not just star wars. so yes i'd love to have that star wars immersion and world, but would also love to head to other resorts and the other parks to get it all for a full vacation. what if i want to experience the star wars resort AND stay more than 2-3 days (what i'm getting from most posts is that thats how long stays will be)

EDIT: I'm not fully informed on the surveys/all the info on this resort, just reading thru posts!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not sure I'm sold on this concept. At least, for me. Would people even go to parks during this stay? Would people buy a 3 night stay at SW and then spend another 4 days at parks? The price tag on a week...

That was part of what they were fishing for with their customer surveys... to find what the tolerance was for extending stays vs cannabalizing days from existing vacations.

disneygeek90

That was part of what they were fishing for with their customer surveys... to find what the tolerance was for extending stays vs cannabalizing days from existing vacations.
It seems like most would want to experience the parks if they're there. I would think most would then want to add on a few days after or before. But after spending 4k on 3 days at SW hotel, then you have another few thousand on park tickets, and more hotels...

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's a LARP, plain and simple. It's not the revolutionary new concept in entertainment Disney seems to think it is, people have been doing this for decades. This is just the first time one is being done with a really big budget.

To a degree, but this would be a LARP event that has fully immersive environments, full entertainment, integrated food and merch... and professional scripts and actors improving the mix. It's Star Trek the Experience taken to a full time experience.

The intent is to allow guests to observe or participate to their level of interest.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It seems like most would want to experience the parks if they're there. I would think most would then want to add on a few days after or before. But after spending 4k on 3 days at SW hotel, then you have another few thousand on park tickets, and more hotels...

And yet... that is EXACTLY what people already do with the Cruise Ships. Spend 5k-10k on a cruise, then go and spend more time at the parks. These concerns are already covered by the proven cruise line model.

disneygeek90

And yet... that is EXACTLY what people already do with the Cruise Ships. Spend 5k-10k on a cruise, then go and spend more time at the parks. These concerns are already covered by the proven cruise line model.
I suppose that's true. I would guess they would make a similarly priced packaged offer that would potentially include another hotel and park tickets after the SW experience. It's just crazy to me how much they get from their hotels, let alone what a 3 day "all immersive" hotel would cost.

Dapper Dan

To a degree, but this would be a LARP event that has fully immersive environments, full entertainment, integrated food and merch... and professional scripts and actors improving the mix. It's Star Trek the Experience taken to a full time experience.
...so a LARP?

Bairstow

Straight from the source... the intent is people stay. Obviously Disney won't LOCK YOU IN and not let someone out.. but the idea is everyone stays.. to avoid breaking the show.

This is also why they were trying to test if people would all be willing to check in and out at the same time.

My big concern is if Disney would stick to it.. or cave to people and operational pressures and remove that part of the show (Just like they did with the Hydrolators )

I can't imagine the various scenarios and activities aren't being designed with some degree of flexibility. Kids are going to get cranky and want to go back to their rooms, runners will want to go for a morning jog, people will need to go back to the car for things they forgot, etc., etc. Just from an operational standpoint, I see each party of guests having their space "adventure" made up of several compartmentalized episodes and activities along a flexible schedule depending on the availability of various rooms and cast members prepared to run them. Your family might get a page, say, when it's your turn to do lightsaber training with a dude in a robe. This would be in addition to larger-scale arrival and departure show sequences and/or nightly live entertainment.

Has anyone found some good examples of instances of immersive roleplay hotel experiences already in existence? I'm sure there's several out there.

latest

Bairstow

I suppose that's true. I would guess they would make a similarly priced packaged offer that would potentially include another hotel and park tickets after the SW experience. It's just crazy to me how much they get from their hotels, let alone what a 3 day "all immersive" hotel would cost.

It would depend on the guest, I suppose. If I were ever to do this Star Wars thing, it would probably be the entire trip for me.

For those crazy Brits who send 10 days or more at Disney, the Star Wars thing would just be a component of a larger vacation.

What's not clear is whether Disney would be offering multiple days-worth of experiences at the Star Wars thing, or if there would be a recommended 2-days, 2-nights package for families to see most of the stuff on offer. Given how expensive it is to develop, build, and staff interesting yet intimate experiences like Disney is promising, I envision a relatively short stay being the recommended way to utilize the resort, with shorter and longer stays possibly available for guests to insist.
...or, it might be a mandatory 2-night package, with the option to book consecutive "cruises".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom