News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MrPromey

This is all the official Disney site says about the "Gran Captain Suite", guess if you have to ask how much? you can't afford it.​

"GRAND CAPTAIN SUITE

Two-bedroom Grand Captain’s Suites offer ample room for the whole family and feature a posh living space complete with an integrated seating area. They have all the comforts of Standard Cabins plus a main suite with a double vanity bathroom, a second bathroom with a single vanity, a bar area, 3 windows with views out into space and a few extra Star Wars surprises.
Specifications
  • Sleeps: 8 passengers
  • Room Configuration: 2 queen beds, 2 berths (bunk beds) for one adult each and 2 wall pull-down beds for one adult each
Cabin Amenities
  • Mini refrigerator
  • Hair dryer
  • In-cabin safe
  • Phone with voicemail messaging
  • Interactive TV
  • H2O Plus® spa, bath and shower products"
Wonder what that mini-fridge would be used for? Sneaking your own booze aboard?

UNCgolf

Are character interactions possible at 3AM?

I don't know the answer to this, but I'd be shocked if it was yes.

I know they're charging a lot for this, but I can't imagine they'd be paying a bunch of actors to hang around and stay up all night just in case someone wants to venture out and potentially run into them. That doesn't seem worth the cost (nor would it be very fair to the actors).

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

This is all the official Disney site says about the "Gran Captain Suite", guess if you have to ask how much? you can't afford it.​

"GRAND CAPTAIN SUITE

Two-bedroom Grand Captain’s Suites offer ample room for the whole family and feature a posh living space complete with an integrated seating area. They have all the comforts of Standard Cabins plus a main suite with a double vanity bathroom, a second bathroom with a single vanity, a bar area, 3 windows with views out into space and a few extra Star Wars surprises.
Specifications
  • Sleeps: 8 passengers
  • Room Configuration: 2 queen beds, 2 berths (bunk beds) for one adult each and 2 wall pull-down beds for one adult each
Cabin Amenities
  • Mini refrigerator
  • Hair dryer
  • In-cabin safe
  • Phone with voicemail messaging
  • Interactive TV
  • H2O Plus® spa, bath and shower products"
If that's all there is to the Captain Suite, then we've seen it in videos. It's just a suite, two small rooms connected, just like what the floor plan showed. All those things listed as 'amenities' are in every room.

Last edited:

pdude81

Questions I still have:
  • What did the “projector” thing in the ceiling of the rooms end up being?
  • Are there any good recordings of the engine hum noise? Is there any other background music?
  • Whatever happened to the long lines we were supposed to see where everyone was taking a turn pulling the lever to jump to light speed?
  • Is it true that every “window” on the Starcruiser shows the light speed animation when the ship does make a jump?
  • Why aren’t there a lot of reports about the Force interactive set pieces?
  • Are character interactions possible at 3AM?
  • Can the in-room robot AI assistant control the lights, thermostat, etc. in the room?
  • Does the alien bartender shush everyone (like in the early bad promos)?
  • Do any of the characters from the Halcyon show up on Batuu?
  • Can you watch Netflix/Disney+/etc. on the in-room display?
  • If you make purchases on Batuu, can they be delivered to your room on the Halcyon?
  • Is there a smell/scent piped into the place? What does it smell like?
  • Why do our friends on the Disneyland Boards continue to evaluate the Starcruiser as though it was supposed to be a typical Disney hotel?
Anyone have any insight into these?
My understanding based on talking with cast members on phone:
Light speed synced shipwide.
No roaming cast past 2am. May well be earlier than that.
Characters come out around 4p, so not in Batuu. Plus they'd be mobbed by guests off they did.
Batuu purchases can be sent to the ship.

And just my guess on tv, it'll be similar to all other resort smart tvs. So Netflix or D+ would require a cast from another device.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Questions I still have:
  • What did the “projector” thing in the ceiling of the rooms end up being?
  • Are there any good recordings of the engine hum noise? Is there any other background music?
  • Whatever happened to the long lines we were supposed to see where everyone was taking a turn pulling the lever to jump to light speed?
  • Is it true that every “window” on the Starcruiser shows the light speed animation when the ship does make a jump?
  • Can the in-room robot AI assistant control the lights, thermostat, etc. in the room?
  • Does the alien bartender shush everyone (like in the early bad promos)?
  • If you make purchases on Batuu, can they be delivered to your room on the Halcyon?
  • Why do our friends on the Disneyland Boards continue to evaluate the Starcruiser as though it was supposed to be a typical Disney hotel?
Anyone have any insight into these?

Actually... yes. In an interview with the Imagineers, it is said that all windows sync up. With port and starboard sides seeing different things as it would if 'real.'

There are the rocks that can be moved with the force in the planet simulator. Not many videos of it out there.

Yes, if you get them drunk at the end of their shift.

Chewie, Rey, and Kylo are in-person in both places. As well as First Order troopers. Others, too, on screens or holo doohickeys.

Yes, but you need to bring your own Chrome stick or casting device. And have your own account. But, unless you're sick in bed, you're wasting $100/hour watching TV.

Yes. If not at the PoS, then with the Halcyon CMs at the shuttle port.

Wet Wookie fur.

Heavy drinking.

MrPromey

Medicine. Keeping your water or bottled/can drinks cold. Stabilize your thermal grenade. Baby formula. Etc...
Okay, medicine makes sense.

I was just thinking with it being a two night stay with food and non-alcoholic drinks included, I didn't see much point but yeah, for medicine, I can see that mattering.

mergatroid

I wonder if this guy feels a tad foolish? :D

I'm searching for bad reviews on youtube from paying guests as they're the only ones that can be trusted, but all I see is positive stuff. I did have this one pop up but surprise, surprise, alas he's not been. Instead he decided to jump the gun and call this without any idea what it would entail yet judged himself wise enough to mock it as a failure and absolute proof that Disney can't do anything right.

Roy G. Dis

I wonder if this guy feels a tad foolish? :D

I'm searching for bad reviews on youtube from paying guests as they're the only ones that can be trusted, but all I see is positive stuff. I did have this one pop up but surprise, surprise, alas he's not been. Instead he decided to jump the gun and call this without any idea what it would entail yet judged himself wise enough to mock it as a failure and absolute proof that Disney can't do anything right.

"Full disclaimer : I have no children myself. That being said, I am what I consider to be an expert on using the bathroom and cannot help but LOSE MY MIND when I read reports that babies, infants and toddlers are wearing diapers when the OBVIOUS solution would be to just use the toilet like everyone else. I am TIRED of seeing shills like Pampers continuing to propogate this idea that diapers are the best we can do. Again, I have not directly experienced a baby bowel movement myself (besides my own which I can't remember, I am sure my parents instructed me to use the potty) but at this point I feel like I needed to make this video. That's all for today and don't forget to like and subscribe. "

donaldtoo

Anybody else see the resemblance…?!!!!! :hilarious:

79DF5A03-6881-4336-9DF0-11ACB3C6B5B5.jpeg
185304E8-1339-436D-A9B9-12ECC28A122A.jpeg

mergatroid

Flying out today to splash around Cabana Bay a bit before check-in on Monday. May the Force be with me.

If you have any weirdly specific questions, feel free to hit me up, otherwise I'll be back with a report next weekend.
Hope you enjoy it and if so are believed :D

One question raised yesterday. If you miss the last 4pm shuttle back from Batuu, how do you get back?

SilentWindODoom

This couple really hate Disney...

I came across them in the Galaxy's Edge backlash and they're absolutely terrible. I heard them spouting things that had already been debunked and a lot of bad faith arguments. The one that sticks out the most was them listening to the stockholder call around that time and jumping out of their seats screaming things as... a Bob (I can't remember which) said rather innocuous things, her screaming "HE'S LYING!!! HE'S LYING TO US ALL!!!"

I watched Tim's video and Ordinary Adventures. Then I watched DIS because I've watched their dining reviews and know they never shy away from saying anything negative. Their positive impression was what really took me aback. I'd early on seen videos talking about the Starcruiser's failure, but upon watching them realized they were all people streaming from home and watching other people's footage, goin in with a view to poking fun. Not an ounce of good faith. Trolls looking for clicks and looking to either create enough outrage to draw people or be the king or queen of the cynics.

But jeez, it really feels like the most critical out there and in here are just digging on the people who would find this interesting. It's like they've never been to a Renn Faire in their life. It feels like nerds who want to bolster their ego by talking down on those nerds for being nerds. The entire Disney buy-in is to just let loose and lose yourself in an immersive world. And so many people who are fine doing that are deriding wanting to do this at all as childish with no sense of self-awareness.

And then there's the goalpost movers. And then there's the people who can't understand anything good, so they assume it must be bad. There's a middle-ground between believing the company can do no wrong and shouting down those who step out of line and believing the company can do no right and thus nothing is to be believed until you can hold it in your hand. I wish the latter didn't believe anyone with a positive opinion or even just says "Can we wait and see?" is one of the former. We get that enough in the world. Do we need it in our escape?

🤓 Um, officially Gaya is Twi'lek, Ouannii is Rodian, Captain Kevin is Pantoran, Sandro is either a Togrutan or Miralian, Chewbacca is a Wookie, and of course, droids are not human...

I scanned over your message and for a moment swore that you attributed one character's race to "tikibird". :hilarious:

I’m not worried about spoilers, just rather if everyone wants to chose the Jedi party because they feel they’ll get to experience cooler things because of what they’ve seen on YouTube.

Watching the DIS vlog, I'm actually more intrigued by their friend taking another path and constantly slipping off rather than what I see.

I was just thinking with it being a two night stay with food and non-alcoholic drinks included,

I'd read that alcoholic were also included. Was that misinformation? I know there's a lot of that going around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom