News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

_caleb

Also people being upset because they saw something online but then didn’t get to experience it will definitely be a thing.
Excellent point! On one hand, people will complain if they don't make any changes. On the other hand, people will complain if they remove something guests really wanted to experience.

This is the same with almost everything at the Parks, from rides to shows to cupcakes to popcorn buckets.
I wonder how that works with changing your story. Maybe as easy as saying, “I’d really like to make sure I experience…” to a CM?
Yes, one YouTuber explains how to request certain storylines/beats:

_caleb

We joke about upcharges (so we don't cry) but the cruiser does have them. The ones we know so far:
  1. Eat at the captain's table - $30
  2. Photopass photo shoot all over the Halcyon - $100
  3. Hair and make-up session - $??

Any others? (Not counting the merch.)
The mysterious Grand Captain’s Suite that‘s estimated to cost $20K

mergatroid

I got all that.
I don't think that is 100% correct: VIP tours use the ILL queues (formerly FP+).
Only on top of that, the VIP tour guides also take care of things like stroller parking and ordering/picking up QS meals.

More than once, I've been in line next to/near VIP groups on multiple attractions.

In this case though, I dunno, it just seems little weak. Like the logistics of how this would all work wasn't thought out very well.
No you're right in perhaps they could have done it better, but they'll learn as time goes on hopefully?

_caleb

We need more intel.

It seems that the suite which sleeps eight is $10,000. And the internet twisted that into 'per night' and made it into a $20K room.

If the room that sleeps 5 is 6K, then this is a steal!!
Yeah- I went hunting for a source on the Captains's Suite and didn't find much: a sourceless NY Post, and a bunch of Disney bloggers citing it.

This blogger/travel agent says the Gran Captain Suite is $12,333 for a group of 5 adults and 1 child.

GimpYancIent

Yeah- I went hunting for a source on the Captains's Suite and didn't find much: a sourceless NY Post, and a bunch of Disney bloggers citing it.

This blogger/travel agent says the Gran Captain Suite is $12,333 for a group of 5 adults and 1 child.

This is all the official Disney site says about the "Gran Captain Suite", guess if you have to ask how much? you can't afford it.​

"GRAND CAPTAIN SUITE

Two-bedroom Grand Captain’s Suites offer ample room for the whole family and feature a posh living space complete with an integrated seating area. They have all the comforts of Standard Cabins plus a main suite with a double vanity bathroom, a second bathroom with a single vanity, a bar area, 3 windows with views out into space and a few extra Star Wars surprises.
Specifications
  • Sleeps: 8 passengers
  • Room Configuration: 2 queen beds, 2 berths (bunk beds) for one adult each and 2 wall pull-down beds for one adult each
Cabin Amenities
  • Mini refrigerator
  • Hair dryer
  • In-cabin safe
  • Phone with voicemail messaging
  • Interactive TV
  • H2O Plus® spa, bath and shower products"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
1646440990777.png

jinx8402

12k sounds about right for back of the napkin math, if we use the dvc point to price method. This would be for low season full adult occupancy.

Points for 2 adults for 8 person suite divide by standard suite:
1004/590 = ~1.7
Multiply that by the base rate we know:
1.7*4800 = 8160
700 per extra adult:
700*6=4200
Grand total:
8160+4200=12,360

Using the dvc points info from this link: https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...ney-resort-hotels/SWGC-Point-Chart-092221.pdf

_caleb

Questions I still have:
  • What did the “projector” thing in the ceiling of the rooms end up being?
  • Are there any good recordings of the engine hum noise? Is there any other background music?
  • Whatever happened to the long lines we were supposed to see where everyone was taking a turn pulling the lever to jump to light speed?
  • Is it true that every “window” on the Starcruiser shows the light speed animation when the ship does make a jump?
  • Why aren’t there a lot of reports about the Force interactive set pieces?
  • Are character interactions possible at 3AM?
  • Can the in-room robot AI assistant control the lights, thermostat, etc. in the room?
  • Does the alien bartender shush everyone (like in the early bad promos)?
  • Do any of the characters from the Halcyon show up on Batuu?
  • Can you watch Netflix/Disney+/etc. on the in-room display?
  • If you make purchases on Batuu, can they be delivered to your room on the Halcyon?
  • Is there a smell/scent piped into the place? What does it smell like?
  • Why do our friends on the Disneyland Boards continue to evaluate the Starcruiser as though it was supposed to be a typical Disney hotel?
Anyone have any insight into these?

jinx8402

Questions I still have:
  • Is it true that every “window” on the Starcruiser shows the light speed animation when the ship does make a jump?

Touring plans Instagram had a video (might have been a story and no longer viewable) of them at the end of the first night. They saw the light speed animation on their window and then the astroid field. They assumed a group was doing the bridge training.

mergatroid

Questions I still have:
  • What did the “projector” thing in the ceiling of the rooms end up being?
  • Are there any good recordings of the engine hum noise? Is there any other background music? SEE BELOW
  • Whatever happened to the long lines we were supposed to see where everyone was taking a turn pulling the lever to jump to light speed?
  • Why aren’t there a lot of reports about the Force interactive set pieces?
  • Are character interactions possible at 3AM?
  • Can the in-room robot AI assistant control the lights, thermostat, etc. in the room?
  • Does the alien bartender shush everyone (like in the early bad promos)? NO
  • Do any of the characters from the Halcyon show up on Batuu?
  • Can you watch Netflix/Disney+/etc. on the in-room display?
  • If you make purchases on Batuu, can they be delivered to your room on the Halcyon? YES
  • Is there a smell/scent piped into the place? What does it smell like?
  • Why do our friends on the Disneyland Boards continue to evaluate the Starcruiser as though it was supposed to be a typical Disney hotel?
Anyone have any insight into these?

mergatroid

Touring plans Instagram had a video (might have been a story and no longer viewable) of them at the end of the first night. They saw the light speed animation on their window and then the astroid field. They assumed a group was doing the bridge training.
I can confirm this was on instagram but as said it's an educated guess whether it was in sync with the bridge.

sedati

Why did they add the plastic frame in the middle of the window? The window is already much smaller than it should be (and smaller than what was showed in the concept art). But that frame makes it seem even smaller than it is...
I believe this is to better sell the effect. By having a foreground element, it will make objects like distant planets look less like a simple screen as you shift your position and the background does't move in tandem. Think of it like Walt's multi-plane camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom