News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Club Cooloholic

Call me crazy, but Disney should have stuck this thing in Ohio or somewhere, far from WDW and DL. It should have been a Starwars only thing, not enveloped in Disney branding in anyway. If George Lucas had put this together back before he sold to Disney, nobody would have batted an eye, they would have said "wow what a cool thing to bring to fans" sure the cost would be insane but it would be ok. The problem is that it sits spitting distance to a place that was supposed to bring the fans a lot of these same experiences, Galaxy's Edge. But decided to take to that experience from the masses and stick it behind a paywall and plant it right in WDW. Like I said if this was in Ohio, great, but in WDW?

correcaminos

Whats with the hate for Boba Fett?
I found the series very enoyable. Different and more focusing on growth than a singular point or anchor of an story than just having baby yoda.
Glad you enjoyed the series. It really sucked to me - super slow and really didn't develop the character in a meaningful way like at all. His end result personality really was lacking. There is a reason why it is the lowest rated Star Wars out there. Glad you liked it, but I wouldn't be upset if it didn't come back for season 2. In fact I kind of hope it doesn't.

Your baby Yoda comment is also way off base. Yes, I adored baby Yoda and the cuteness (I also like fuzzy kittens, puppies, and bunnies, but that's not the point), but I actually watched The Mandalorian simply for the Mandalorian. What Pedro Pascal did with the character was amazing. It also had a very slow start, but it improved greatly as the season went on. Episodes with or without the little guy (and yes Grogu is such a horrible name). Sadly the Book of Boba Fett didn't improve. Temuera Morrison really is not a strong enough actor for that long of a role. He was good in the Mandalorian but boy did he become a shell of a character in the show. It's almost like those writing and directing had no clue what they were doing nor did they understand Boba Fett at all. It only improved in the last 3 episodes and I'd say why but I don't want to spoil. Nothing to do with little green toddlers though.

Call me crazy, but Disney should have stuck this thing in Ohio or somewhere, far from WDW and DL. It should have been a Starwars only thing, not enveloped in Disney branding in anyway. If George Lucas had put this together back before he sold to Disney, nobody would have batted an eye, they would have said "wow what a cool thing to bring to fans" sure the cost would be insane but it would be ok. The problem is that it sits spitting distance to a place that was supposed to bring the fans a lot of these same experiences, Galaxy's Edge. But decided to take to that experience from the masses and stick it behind a paywall and plant it right in WDW. Like I said if this was in Ohio, great, but in WDW?
Totally love the Ohio idea - day trip!

Morkey Moose

This is normally frowned upon, with the major exceptions being Star Wars and Iron Maiden.
Combine both and we could have a far more interesting dinner performance.
star-wars-heavy-metal.jpg

WDWJoeG

Going back to original post. This is a high-end Vegas style Chuck E. Cheese Show/Dinner/hotel offering for wealthy families with children between the ages of 5-10.
Not saying that is a bad thing but this is not an experience designed for singles ages 21-35.
This is for the families with little ones.

If $6000.00 is a drop in the bucket for you after a 5 day stay at Disney with the little Star Wars fans then go for it.
Go into it with those expectations and you will be fine.

Because dressing up, pretending to be a space character, and having playtime is a child activity? Seems like it was targeted at little kids at the jump.

WDWJoeG

Guests pulling into the parking structures at Disneyland see the backside/warehouse/showbuildings of Galaxies Edge every single day. They probably don't care.
When I took some friends and their kids in their 20's they couldn't believe the backside of GE and mountains on sticks were so visible.

For Disney to purposely ruin the illusion of their newest offering for every person parking in that massive structure was shocking.

Apparently, people who care (including Disney executives) are in the minority.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No one believes it is 6K per person. The costs are very clearly posted on the Disney web site. How many people in the cabin with him? The costs in the 6K's are per cabin. I would wager to say he is rooming with three other people.
Apparently he has run into people who believe that. We've seen people believe more preposterous things.

There are 4 in his room, they are pictured with Gaya.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve been watching the News tonight Tom C vlog and he’s been much more positive than I expected, he was pretty critical of seeing the back of Galaxy’s edge and seeing the show building during the drive in, and wasn’t that impressed with the view screens, but has been pretty positive on everything else so far.

His show is often very critical of Disney so if he’s impressed that says a lot to me.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I’ve been watching the News tonight Tom C vlog and he’s been much more positive than I expected, he was pretty critical of seeing the back of Galaxy’s edge and seeing the show building during the drive in, and wasn’t that impressed with the view screens, but has been pretty positive on everything else so far.

His show is often very critical of Disney so if he’s impressed that says a lot to me.
Must be tough for him to sometimes be complimentary with the company he's at war with.

He goes out of his way to nitpick every little detail, the good and the bad.

Vegas Disney Fan

Apparently he has run into people who believe that. We've seen people believe more preposterous things.

There are 4 in his room, they are pictured with Gaya.
I thought the rooms were limited to two adults and two kids max.

I’m not surprised people would be confused by the price though, most people don’t follow Disney like forum people do, they probably just see a instagram or TikTok post saying $6k room and have never looked at the website.

I looked at the website for the first time the other day and that was the first time I realized it was only $4800 for 2 adults, I just assumed it was $6k for the room whether you had kids with or not. Still expensive but a bit more reasonable.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I thought the rooms were limited to two adults and two kids max.

I’m not surprised people would be confused by the price though, most people don’t follow Disney like forum people do, they probably just see a instagram or TikTok post saying $6k room and have never looked at the website.

I looked at the website for the first time the other day and that was the first time I realized it was only $4800 for 2 adults, I just assumed it was $6k for the room whether you had kids with or not. Still expensive but a bit more reasonable.
In the rooms with a fold-down bed, you can have 5 adults.

From the official website, the sample cost for 4 guests (in off-peak season) is given as for 3 adults and 1 child. (A teenager is an adult.) That configuration is $6K.

Vegas Disney Fan

In the rooms with a fold-down bed, you can have 5 adults.

From the official website, the sample cost for 4 guests (in off-peak season) is given as for 3 adults and 1 child. (A teenager is an adult.) That configuration is $6K.
That‘s great, not sure I could justify $4800 for just us but $3000 with a couple friends sounds much more reasonable. It‘s only two nights so I don’t think sharing a room would be that bad.

WDWJoeG

One video: A family finds the quest to the engineering room right away and go exploring. The children (about 5 and 7) find the hidden crawlspace that leads to the brig and crawl into it.

Some other person's video: This vlogger is on the tour that they give every 15 minutes before the big events start. They get to the brig and the guide says the brig was installed by the Empire and would sometimes throw insubordinate troopers in there, but now, never gets used and is locked up tight. They look through the glass on the brig's door and see the two children in there waving at them.

Did I mention the girl was wearing a trooper costume?
Playtime for children in their little costumes is awesome!

Centauri Space Station

When I took some friends and their kids in their 20's they couldn't believe the backside of GE and mountains on sticks were so visible.

For Disney to purposely ruin the illusion of their newest offering for every person parking on that massive structure was shocking.

Apparently, people who care (including Disney executives) are in the minority.
I’m sure the berm of trees around it will grow in like they did for the bus stop infront of Pandora

MoonRakerSCM

I feel like Gandalf having no memory of this place... buffet? The food is a buffet??? I thought it was served to you at the table and presented in a glamorous manner upon arrival etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom