News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TikibirdLand

How dare you suggest an implicit quid pro quo! That’s not how this works! Disney is above this and would never offer freebies to favored vloggers, nor would they blacklist others at the slightest hint of criticism or controversy.
I hear that Tom will be chauffeured to the Starcruiser Port by Nick's MaxiVan for the Halcyon's maiden cruise. Can't wait for that favored vlogger's review! Oh, and he's paying full fare!

Diamond Dot

I see on IG that some of the vloggers are getting excited! They posted that they'll have thoughts Friday at 9am but won't be "reviewing" it until they have to spend their own money for it, lol. The giddiness that so many have reminds me of the kids in middle school who were the first to whatever bright shiney new toy or video game counsel just came out.
If that's true then Disney won't be happy with them. But, be realistic, they'll be uploading their thoughts quicker than Bob Chapek raises ticket prices, why let someone else there post all the monetizing videos.

Tha Realest

Setting aside the “It’s a LARP” / “Disney never used the actual word 'LARP' in promoting this” debate…

I wonder how those who fully commit to the conceit (dress up, take on a SW identity, fully LARP it up, etc.) will feel if they are in the minority. I can only picture those time where I went to a Halloween party where I was either 1) one of the few who wore a costume, or 2) one of the few who didn’t.

Like, if most folks show up in normal Disney vacation gear, and you have someone who goes in insisting on playing out their character, how will that unfold? Or vice versa - if there’s Steve from Arlington Heights who is an I-banker and hasn’t dressed in a costume since he was 14, how will he feel if he's one of the few that isn't committed to the play acting.

mergatroid

Setting aside the “It’s a LARP” / “Disney never used the actual word 'LARP' in promoting this” debate…

I wonder how those who fully commit to the conceit (dress up, take on a SW identity, fully LARP it up, etc.) will feel if they are in the minority. I can only picture those time where I went to a Halloween party where I was either 1) one of the few who wore a costume, or 2) one of the few who didn’t.

Like, if most folks show up in normal Disney vacation gear, and you have someone who goes in insisting on playing out their character, how will that unfold? Or vice versa - if there’s Steve from Arlington Heights who is an I-banker and hasn’t dressed in a costume since he was 14, how will he feel if he's one of the few that isn't committed to the play acting.
One of the reviews from the trial explained that Steve from Arlington Heights can be as involved or uninvolved as he wants. The way it works is that characters will approach the room under instruction to engage those who want to engage and allow those who don't want to engage to sit back and watch. So Steve from Arlington Heights should be ok, nobody is forcing him to dress or act. If he feels slightly awkward from his choice that's on him, I'm sure part way through the 2 days if Steve wants to dress up they'll let him. It's probably the same as visiting Universal Studios and seeing a small percentage of park guests wearing Harry Potter costumes. They've made a decision how to dress a bit like Steve from Arlington Heights has and will either feel good, bad or indifferent about their choice. At least Steve from Arlington Heights can probably change his decision partway through unlike Joe from Boston who only has his boxers and vest under his Harry Potter school uniform.

Also when Steve from Arlington Heights turns up to register at the hotel he's given the option of being Steve from Arlington Heights or becoming Steve from Arlington Heights in a costume. Something that both you at the Halloween Party and Joe from Boston dressed as Harry Potter arriving at Universal Studios didn't get. I'm pretty sure you not in costume at the party weren't offered a costume by the host, just like our boy Joe from Boston arriving at Universal wasn't offered free normal clothing? Our man Steve from Arlington Heights at least has both options so I imagine he won't get PTSD if he makes the wrong choice initially.

MurphyJoe

One of the reviews from the trial explained that Steve from Arlington Heights can be as involved or uninvolved as he wants. The way it works is that characters will approach the room under instruction to engage those who want to engage and allow those who don't want to engage to sit back and watch. So Steve from Arlington Heights should be ok, nobody is forcing him to dress or act. If he feels slightly awkward from his choice that's on him, I'm sure part way through the 2 days if Steve wants to dress up they'll let him. It's probably the same as visiting Universal Studios and seeing a small percentage of park guests wearing Harry Potter costumes. They've made a decision how to dress a bit like Steve from Arlington Heights has and will either feel good, bad or indifferent about their choice. At least Steve from Arlington Heights can probably change his decision partway through unlike Joe from Boston who only has his boxers and vest under his Harry Potter school uniform.

Also when Steve from Arlington Heights turns up to register at the hotel he's given the option of being Steve from Arlington Heights or becoming Steve from Arlington Heights in a costume. Something that both you at the Halloween Party and Joe from Boston dressed as Harry Potter arriving at Universal Studios didn't get. I'm pretty sure you not in costume at the party weren't offered a costume by the host, just like our boy Joe from Boston arriving at Universal wasn't offered free normal clothing? Our man Steve from Arlington Heights at least has both options so I imagine he won't get PTSD if he makes the wrong choice initially.

Had to re-read part of this as it sounded like Steve, from Arlington Heights, was dressing in his Hogwarts robes on the Starcruiser. Would that make him a Jedi in SW? Or just really confused on how he got there?

Concerning the bloggers going ape over their Starcruiser invites. Clownfish, in a recent video, mentioned they used to be one of them in a previous endeavor and broke down Disney's expectations for their invited "guests". Sounded like they were disinvited after mentioning TSL could use some more shade, after an invite to a TSL preview, as things were too hot.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photo of the new MagicBand for the Starcruiser -

IMG_71FCD8851EE1-1.jpeg

Image from here - @francisdominiic on Instagram

mergatroid

Had to re-read part of this as it sounded like Steve, from Arlington Heights, was dressing in his Hogwarts robes on the Starcruiser. Would that make him a Jedi in SW? Or just really confused on how he got there?

Concerning the bloggers going ape over their Starcruiser invites. Clownfish, in a recent video, mentioned they used to be one of them in a previous endeavor and broke down Disney's expectations for their invited "guests". Sounded like they were disinvited after mentioning TSL could use some more shade, after an invite to a TSL preview, as things were too hot.
You see I hear and read that all the time on here but what's really strange is that out of all the vloggers I watch, I've seen them ALL say for more 'damaging' or negative things than "TSL could use more shade" and yet they still get invites? I'm sure that in the minds of some vloggers is the thought "If I say good things I'll get more from Disney, Universal and Sea World". Again though I can think of many times Prince Dev, Paging Mr Morrow, Super Enthused and the Trackers have said negative things. Only the Trackers have had their invites reduced though. From what I gather it was when their content from years ago was brought up, including Jenn talking about performing oral sex on Tim and some comments deemed 'racist' were found on older videos and reported to Disney (allegedly by another vlogger).

So perhaps Disney do ban some people and not others, perhaps those banned aren't 100% honest about why they were banned? Perhaps the Disney banning person was ill the days the others made negative comments, who knows? And perhaps Steve from Arlington Heights did go to Universal Studios dressed as Harry Potter one day and had a melt down as there weren't enough guests in costume to his liking and has sadly never left his house since following this trauma, who knows?

Last edited:

durangojim

View attachment 623204

Very impressive, lol. If you scroll through the other photos you can see other shiny happy people. I don't begrudge any of them this experience but it certainly is doing nothing to change my opinion.

dreday3

Steve from Arlington Heights is just happy to be out of Arlington Heights.

TikibirdLand

View attachment 623204

I guess D allowed this photo to be released? Why aren't THEY posting it instead of "francisdominic" doing that on IG? Seems like the hype train has left the station...

mergatroid

Steve from Arlington Heights is just happy to be out of Arlington Heights.
Indeed but now the poor guy's getting stressed out on having to make a choice of do I wear a costume and join in the fun or not? How dare Disney give him the option I say, how very dare they! Next thing they'll offer him a choice of different meals, he'll probably have a heart attack at the dining table.

TikibirdLand

Indeed but now the poor guy's getting stressed out on having to make a choice of do I wear a costume and join in the fun or not? How dare Disney give him the option I say, how very dare they!
But, does Steve HAVE to wear a costume to "join in the fun"? What if such "fun" is sitting at the bar watching other "fun". It's all confusing. I'll wait for the reviews to start coming in.

mergatroid

But, does Steve HAVE to wear a costume to "join in the fun"? What if such "fun" is sitting at the bar watching other "fun". It's all confusing. I'll wait for the reviews to start coming in.
I believe apart from the option of sitting there naked, he can pretty much do what he wants clothing wise. He also has the option of participating or watching, he can also have fun or choose not to. Decisions, decisions, I really fear for Steve from Arlington Heights :eek:

Tha Realest

I believe apart from the option of sitting there naked, he can pretty much do what he wants clothing wise. He also has the option of participating or watching, he can also have fun or choose not to. Decisions, decisions, I really fear for Steve from Arlington Heights :eek:
It's immersive, but it's not immersive. It's a live experience where you act out a play role you create, but it's not a LARP. We're going to great lengths to create an experience where everyone's fully committed to the conceit of going into space, but we'll also have randos wearing cargo shorts mixed in.

This inherent confusion and contradiction a week out is probably a reason so few are committing to this experience (and have dropped out after making reservations), and even Disney has substantially curtailed aggressively promoting this investment. But at least they have folks like you carrying water until then! We'll all know how this shakes out a little over a week from now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom