News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

matt9112

wheel
Disney owes absolutely nothing to you, your kids, your dog, or anyone else other than it’s shareholders. Disney has been clear enough about what the experience is going to be. Clear enough that it looks cool enough that we incorporated 2 extra days into an upcoming trip to try it.

Still the people who have actually experienced the offering will know more than the fools who comment about it with no personal knowledge of it. The same as the fools who comment on price increases and demographic projections and think they can do so with 1/1000th of the information that Disney’s business development and marketing teams have.

I don’t care if the people telling me about the experience paid full price, half price, or gor it for free. The “value” that they place on the experience is completely subjective and irrelevant to me. The what is the thing, not the how much.

I dont have a dog. I mean theres nothing like a fool and his money. Cheers.

ImperfectPixie

Everybody is talking about how this is going to flop, but I think we are missing a huge positive IF it does flop. I’m hoping it can restore some much-needed humility and humbleness back to WDI. Companies as well as people need failure every now and then. It’s needed to keep improving. Now, how they respond to failure will be key.
The problem of hubris, in Disney's case, starts at the top of the company.

pdude81

Everybody is talking about how this is going to flop, but I think we are missing a huge positive IF it does flop. I’m hoping it can restore some much-needed humility and humbleness back to WDI. Companies as well as people need failure every now and then. It’s needed to keep improving. Now, how they respond to failure will be key.
You don't think that if it flops they wouldn't punish you with more bland offerings for the next decade? "See, look what happens when we take risks"

_caleb

If the Strarcruiser flops, they’ll blame the pandemic, fire the Imagineers who led the project, abandon the site, and act like it never happened.

“Fans” will blame Kathleen Kennedy, Bob Chapek, and millennials.

donaldtoo

Yeah i mean it's totally improbable that after figuring out how to build galaxy spanning cruise liners humanity just gave up on enjoying pools and hot tubs and other water based amenities that have exsisited for thousands of years. A pool doesn't exsist because it would be an amazing headache for the pre planned mandatory fun periods. There is no down time hence no need to swim. You get to act 5 instead.

This is the closest thing to a pool I remember from any Star Wars movie…!!!!! :hilarious:

B1FF8B1D-6AAB-4C96-A7ED-3795DC4E510F.jpeg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
99% of people don't want immersion, they want fun or relaxation. My vacations and decisions to return aren't based on how immersed I was.

When GE was announced to be stuck in an Episode 8 timeline I complained how pointless it was. A member of this board claimed Star Wars fans would be "screaming at the land in anger" if characters from different timelines were walking around.

They are wrong and no one who visits a themepark cares about immersion or story cannon.

Agreed: See Star Tours and Avengers Campus for examples

_caleb

99% of people don't want immersion, they want fun or relaxation. My vacations and decisions to return aren't based on how immersed I was.

When GE was announced to be stuck in an Episode 8 timeline I complained how pointless it was. A member of this board claimed Star Wars fans would be "screaming at the land in anger" if characters from different timelines were walking around.

They are wrong and no one who visits a themepark cares about immersion or story cannon.
I imagine it’s a personality thing, but I don’t understand why people express subjective opinions with percentages and absolutes.

Which is more likely, that Disney is doing this for no reason, or that the market research shows that customers like (and are willing to pay for) “immersion?”

From the beginning, they’ve labeled the Strarcruiser as an “immersive experience,“ so unless no one pays to stay at the Strarcruiser, I think it’s safe to assume that someone cares about immersion. Right?

MrPromey

Great idea about in universe advertising. This makes way more sense.

It'd still be a made up place that isn't even part of the also made up Star Wars films, but at least it'd be committed to its idea of immersion.

It's like imagineering thinks trailers for their products need to just be videos of them talking about how amazing and creative they are.

How is this supposed to attract an audience or bring excitement?

Now look at this advertisement. There's action, movement, fog, explosions, music. This makes me want to go to Disneyland, this also represents what people like about Star Wars.

They're trying to do what Joe Rohde did. It's evident, they never came to realize why this worked when Joe did it.

It tells me they still aren't really aware of what they lost when he and they parted ways.

He was a story teller to his core. He could do it with hundred million dollar budgets or with with his mouth and hands. If you took away his hands and gagged him, I have no doubt he could have done it with his toes in the sand but now he's telling stories for someone else and they're left with people who clearly think pretending to be him is all it takes to pull this kind of thing off.

it's not.

techgeek

This is the closest thing to a pool I remember from any Star Wars movie…!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 622862

I know it’s a joke, but if there was a hotel with a pool set in a swampy glen with misters and an x-wing sticking out of it with R2 beeping his head off next to a slide that slid down the wing into the water… as a kid I would have simply demanded to stay there.

That’s all they ever had to do. Let us actually play in the spaces of the existing films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom