News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know it was a cute thing Disney did when they called their park uniforms "costumes", and then in the 1980's under Eisner they started bragging about it publicly via Disney Institute, etc. But that Disney Difference horse has been put out to pasture by Chapek.

These aren't "costumes". These are uniforms, apparently designed by a team on a very small budget who were forbidden from watching any Star Wars movie ever made before they drew their sketches.

Not costumes, uniforms. Bland, cheap, shapeless, unadorned, generic uniforms.
That “difference” thing was almost gone by the end of eisner…and the Bobs destroyed the carcass…

its been “how do we run this factory style but charge double retail?” Ever since.

Patcheslee

So has anyone looked at the items for sale?

“Bail organa” security detail? “Padme amidala cloak”??

…so let me get this straight: you unnecessarily rename everything in a disastrous sequel movie set…and now you’re selling merch at whatever this thing is from the prequels???

I've never seen anyone who makes Star Wars hate the soul of Star Wars so much…good job, Bob
Looking at options from cosplay shops, the Disney offerings are eh not my style I guess. I'd probably end up ordering from somewhere else vs settle for a Disney offering. Personally what I remember about Padme was some of her elegant costumes, and her orange/yellow robe. The cloak, wasn't memorable.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Looking at options from cosplay shops, the Disney offerings are eh not my style I guess. I'd probably end up ordering from somewhere else vs settle for a Disney offering. Personally what I remember about Padme was some of her elegant costumes, and her orange/yellow robe. The cloak, wasn't memorable.
What I remember about her was a series of character and story mistakes that were dumbfounding…

…that Disney was supposed to learn from/correct when they bought it. Not take it in new and laughable directions of fail.

…sorry…double shot of truth serum today 🤪

pdude81

Hey, when I lasted visited the Launch Bay, I gave Chewbacca a big hug. And, I'd do it again... If I could get close enough!
This brings up an interesting point. People keep saying they should raze Launch bay and everything in the area for a new land, but I remember the lines for Chewie, Vader, BB-8, all being pretty long, and the rest being at least an ineresting diversion once a year. The mix of old and new Star Wars was pretty popular before covid closure.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This brings up an interesting point. People keep saying they should raze Launch bay and everything in the area for a new land, but I remember the lines for Chewie, Vader, BB-8, all being pretty long, and the rest being at least an ineresting diversion once a year. The mix of old and new Star Wars was pretty popular before covid closure.
They should replace it because it’s repurposed and meant to be temporary…And there are 3 disjointed Star Wars spots around a place that tries to sell you “theme consistency” as why they’re better/worth more

Last edited:

pdude81

They should replace it because it’s repurposed crap…
And there are 3 disjointed Star Wars spots around a place that tries to sell you “theme consistency” as why they’re better/worth more
Bright suns, indeed! I'd love for them to go back in time and not half it on the OT, but my thought is that if they open the character meets back up and people line up, then there won't be anything happening in Animation Courtyard.

Bocabear

I think it would make a lot of sense to move all Star Wars related attractions to one area instead of spread out all over the park... Imagine if Star Tours had been the way you entered Batuu... It would have felt much more engaging...Made so much more sense...But without relocating the original attraction it could not happen... 2 locations are already too many but then add Launch Bay and you have a Star Wars presence spread out all over the park... Launch Bay should be relocated either next to Star Tours, or just inside GE...It would make it feel more cohesive... Imagine if in Islands Of Adventure, Forbidden Journey was in it's current location, and Hogsmeade were between The Hulk and Dudley Do-Right....and the train to Diagon Alley was next to Seuss Landing.... Yes it would be great that they had all these attractions relating to Harry Potter, but their presence is diminished by having them spread out.

techgeek

Bright suns, indeed! I'd love for them to go back in time and not half *** it on the OT, but my thought is that if they open the character meets back up and people line up, then there won't be anything happening in Animation Courtyard.

I know it’s a wacky idea, but maybe there could be some… err.. animation? in the animation courtyard?

There’s probably some drywall in launch bay that’s original to 1989 and has the essence of Walter Cronkite still flowing through it…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know it’s a wacky idea, but maybe there could be some… err.. animation? in the animation courtyard?

There’s probably some drywall in launch bay that’s original to 1989 and has the essence of Walter Cronkite still flowing through it…
We joke…and not to tangent

but does anyone other than me think about how many things in those parks are HORRIBLY outdated, decayed or in a state of semi-mothballs??

its really ridiculous that it’s tolerated to this point .

people miss the forest for the trees complaining about parades and fireworks. It’s the dog chasing the rabbit.

pdude81

I think it would make a lot of sense to move all Star Wars related attractions to one area instead of spread out all over the park... Imagine if Star Tours had been the way you entered Batuu... It would have felt much more engaging...Made so much more sense...But without relocating the original attraction it could not happen... 2 locations are already too many but then add Launch Bay and you have a Star Wars presence spread out all over the park... Launch Bay should be relocated either next to Star Tours, or just inside GE...It would make it feel more cohesive... Imagine if in Islands Of Adventure, Forbidden Journey was in it's current location, and Hogsmeade were between The Hulk and Dudley Do-Right....and the train to Diagon Alley was next to Seuss Landing.... Yes it would be great that they had all these attractions relating to Harry Potter, but their presence is diminished by having them spread out.
The only real way to accomplish one large area would have been to level Grand Avenue, and I don't trust them to wipe out the Muppets for whatever uninspired junk might come in it's place related to "old" Star Wars. Given that they've been so frustratingly forceful with the timeline in Batuu, my preference would be to knock down backlot express and go out next to the temple into the parking lot for expansion. I don't know if any of that would screw up the "excursion" transports for SWGS as I don't remember the route offhand, but the trucks should be far enough west not to matter. Then they could have their separate timelines at least in the same area.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only real way to accomplish one large area would have been to level Grand Avenue, and I don't trust them to wipe out the Muppets for whatever uninspired junk might come in it's place related to "old" Star Wars. Given that they've been so frustratingly forceful with the timeline in Batuu, my preference would be to knock down backlot express and go out next to the temple into the parking lot for expansion. I don't know if any of that would screw up the "excursion" transports for SWGS as I don't remember the route offhand, but the trucks should be far enough west not to matter. Then they could have their separate timelines at least in the same area.
I agree…but Disney’s weird obsession with trying to force the muppets on people still baffles me.

I like the muppets…but it’s like the one thing that Disney still tries to force on people with little financial advantage to it.

amjt660

Premium Member
I'd want my housekeeper in a Princess Liea Slave Girl bikini. That might help me justify the cost...
Be careful what you ask for

You are hoping for this:

1644421554616.png

but you might get this:

1644421624350.png

Max

pdude81

I agree…but Disney’s weird obsession with trying to force the muppets on people still baffles me.

I like the muppets…but it’s like the one thing that Disney still tries to force on people with little financial advantage to it.
Muppets are kind of a timeless IP, and they still currently air an updated Muppet Babies show on Disney Junior and Disney Plus. I personally am a fan and get a lot of positive comments out in the World when I wear a Fozzie shirt or Kermit hat. So for me, if we lost MV3D and the 2nd best themed restrooms on property, I'd want to see something much better in their place.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Muppets are kind of a timeless IP, and they still currently air an updated Muppet Babies show on Disney Junior and Disney Plus. I personally am a fan and get a lot of positive comments out in the World when I wear a Fozzie shirt or Kermit hat. So for me, if we lost MV3D and the 2nd best themed restrooms on property, I'd want to see something much better in their place.
Yeah…but it never moves the needle in parks…this is like a weird Groundhog Day thing with management. Very “ancillary” to have space devoted to in parks

pdude81

Yeah…but it never moves the needle in parks…this is like a weird Groundhog Day thing with management. Very “ancillary” to have space devoted to in parks
True, but it costs a lot less to keep running than the stunt show and can eat a lot of people when half the rides have gone down. It's like the Roger Rabbit billboard, free advertising that costs more to remove than to keep up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
True, but it costs a lot less to keep running than the stunt show and can eat a lot of people when half the rides have gone down. It's like the Roger Rabbit billboard, free advertising that costs more to remove than to keep up.
And that tells you something, huh?

couldn’t lose muppetvision…or Star tours…there’s only “so many billions to go around” at WDI…

but you also can’t lose launchbay…or keep it/open it…

“all roads lead back to Rome’s financial district” (next to the wet market and the circus Maximus)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom