News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

FettFan

It's probably just an glitch with the App. Disney's Apps and IT experience overall are often lacking, especially prior to opening or during the first few weeks. It could just be a pre-opening refresh of the systems that's caused things to go missing temporarily.

But on the bright side, you still can look forward to "A Moment With Gaya 4:15 to 4:30" 😐

screenshot_20220207-193856-png.619705

"Moment With Gaya"?

"WOW. You know what I mean?" - Art Carney

durangojim

It's probably just an glitch with the App. Disney's Apps and IT experience overall are often lacking, especially prior to opening or during the first few weeks. It could just be a pre-opening refresh of the systems that's caused things to go missing temporarily.

But on the bright side, you still can look forward to "A Moment With Gaya 4:15 to 4:30" 😐

Will the annoying bartender from the video come out and shush you during your moment with Gaya?

durangojim

Ok, this is probably out of left field and I don’t know enough about accounting and depreciation but is it possible Disney created this so that it would lose money, kind of like the theme of the show “The Producers”? Do they have something to gain by this thing performing poorly?

techgeek

This is just so weird to watch play out like this, isn't it? I can't remember anything quite like it.

There's an obvious disconnect between the Starcruiser and its alleged source material.

There's gotta be a story behind all this!

Theres a certain segment of fandom that believes many within Lucasfilm hate what Star Wars is, and wants to change that aggressively from within. That is one possible explanation. Not saying I believe it, but that explains the relatively non-SW nature of this experience (From what we can piece together so far).

I mean, I’m hoping the story is honestly just ‘we asked Lucasfilm to help but they didn’t have the resources beyond reviewing some early art, so we wound up sort of making it up on our own’… because that’s definitely what it feels like is going on. Lucasfilm can’t have much active hand in this, can they?

Morkey Moose

Ok, this is probably out of left field and I don’t know enough about accounting and depreciation but is it possible Disney created this so that it would lose money, kind of like the theme of the show “The Producers”? Do they have something to gain by this thing performing poorly?
"The Empire was having trouble, what a sad, sad story.
Needed a new leader to restore its former glory.
Where, oh where was he? Where could that man be?
We looked around and then we found
the man for you and me.
And now it's..."

(Springtime for Kylo, in F#)

matt9112

1. That’s common with central costuming…for obvious reasons
2. This should be carefully selected workers that fit “parts” and the costumes made custom.

About $1500 a head per day? $1 per minute.

Let’s see it. I hope I’m wrong here

I agree...the generic mass use consumes look so tacky....this experience should be some elaborate over the top thing. Feel like grand floridian guests are cockaroaches type stuff.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree...the generic mass use consumes look so tacky....this experience should be some elaborate over the top thing. Feel like grand floridian guests are cockaroaches type stuff.
Grand Floridian people are cockroaches…the service isn’t close to the price.

I bring this up for a reason…you have to understand Disney’s points of reference and how the customers reinforce these things over the long haul

TP2000

Mulling over this whole depressing uniform thing more, I've come to a few conclusions why it's so bland and underwhelming and looks too much like a dental hygienist in Anytown USA.

As a reminder, this is allegedly a "premium" and "luxury" hotel experience at one of the highest price points per night on the entire WDW property.

But this uniform... there's hardly any structure to it. Both the slacks and the top are made of soft, unstructured polyester. It has no definition or crispness to it, which almost always denotes upscale formality. Instead, it seems made solely for lazy comfort and slouchy tasks. And there is no jewelry or accesories attached to it at all. And those clunky plastic shoes that any 2020's plumber or burger flipper or supermarket clerk would wear. Oof.

No sparkle, no glamour, no drama. Just... a swathe of shapeless and meaningless blue polyester. Wash-N-Wear!

FlossDammit!.jpg

Which is odd because the tasks these CM's undertake are exclusively white-collar and low-impact. She's a front desk clerk at a hotel, at her core duty. So why not dress the CM's up a bit? Jazz the place up? Give them a structured look with tailored pants, specific footwear, a snazzy hat or headpiece, a structured top designed to flatter the male or female form of the CM wearing it, rather than smother it. Add some sparkle and texture to it with trim and notions.

But no. They're going for Dental Cleaning In Space for this one. It's just so weird how they're doing this. o_O

Meanwhile, in Tokyo Disneyland on Tom Sawyer Island...

4793569389_663e30a6d3.jpg

MrPromey

Mulling over this whole depressing uniform thing more, I've come to a few conclusions why it's so bland and underwhelming and looks too much like a dental hygienist in Anytown USA.

As a reminder, this is allegedly a "premium" and "luxury" hotel experience at one of the highest price points per night on the entire WDW property.

But this uniform... there's hardly any structure to it. Both the slacks and the top are made of soft, unstructured polyester. It has no definition or crispness to it, which almost always denotes upscale formality. Instead, it seems made solely for lazy comfort and slouchy tasks. And there is no jewelry or accesories attached to it at all. And those clunky plastic shoes that any 2020's plumber or burger flipper or supermarket clerk would wear. Oof.

No sparkle, no glamour, no drama. Just... a swathe of shapeless and meaningless blue polyester. Wash-N-Wear!

View attachment 619729

Which is odd because the tasks these CM's undertake are exclusively white-collar and low-impact. She's a front desk clerk at a hotel, at her core duty. So why not dress the CM's up a bit? Jazz the place up? Give them a structured look with tailored pants, specific footwear, a snazzy hat or headpiece, a structured top designed to flatter the male or female form of the CM wearing it, rather than smother it. Add some sparkle and texture to it with trim and notions.

But no. They're going for Dental Cleaning In Space for this one. It's just so weird how they're doing this. o_O

Meanwhile, in Tokyo Disneyland on Tom Sawyer Island...

4793569389_663e30a6d3.jpg
Maybe there's still time to dig some old monorail uniforms out of storage and launder the moth-ball smell out of them.

1644312124370.jpeg
disneyland-1987-monorail-cast-costume_1_d283c341799a9e072154434276c83c55.jpg

Cesar R M

and only 15 minutes? isnt she the "singer" ?
Or could this be a "meet & greet" ?

Cesar R M

I saw that, too. I will assume it's a glitch until we're a few days out. In which case I will brush up on some Gaya questions like "Is your album available on holodisc?" and "Why has Disney forsook us?"
I imagine all the songs will be like the scene from THE NAKED GUN 2

All pictures in the background replaced with the failed Star Wars movies and the christmas special as well as other blunders XD

And of course, the cocktail will be full of blue painted shrimps instead of umbrellas.. XD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom