News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... WDW's Christmas Day TV Special didn't mention Galactic Starcruiser at all. It apparently doesn't warrant mention to the TV audience at home.

What's your thought on that news? Are they not mentioning Galactic Starcruiser because they're already booked up solid? Or are they no longer mentioning Galactic Starcruiser because of all the bad PR it's already gotten and they are panicking on how to fix it in the next 45 days?

I'm betting that Disney is no longer talking about Galactic Starcruiser not because they have more bookings than they know what to do with.

My bet is that Disney knows they have a flop on their hands and are rushing to fix what they can ASAP before they dare mention it again.
It's a Federal crime to move the goal post across state lines.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So... WDW's Christmas Day TV Special didn't mention Galactic Starcruiser at all. It apparently doesn't warrant mention to the TV audience at home.

What's your thought on that news? Are they not mentioning Galactic Starcruiser because they're already booked up solid? Or are they no longer mentioning Galactic Starcruiser because of all the bad PR it's already gotten and they are panicking on how to fix it in the next 45 days?

I'm betting that Disney is no longer talking about Galactic Starcruiser not because they have more bookings than they know what to do with.

My bet is that Disney knows they have a flop on their hands and are rushing to fix what they can ASAP before they dare mention it again.
Because its not the mass market product- it is a specialty product.

trying to push it to the walmart audience will just create more grief

LadyPink

May I put my Tin foil conspiracy hat on? Just for a second? Does anyone else think they'll push back the opening date and no longer open in March? With the rise of Covid and Omicron variant, do you think Disney wants people to be lock down together for 2 to 3 days? Maybe that's why it wasn't advertise on the Christmas Parade. Okay. I'll remove my Tin foil conspiracy hat.

GimpYancIent

May I put my Tin foil conspiracy hat on? Just for a second? Does anyone else think they'll push back the opening date and no longer open in March? With the rise of Covid and Omicron variant, do you think Disney wants people to be lock down together for 2 to 3 days? Maybe that's why it wasn't advertise on the Christmas Parade. Okay. I'll remove my Tin foil conspiracy hat.
Interesting concept. To use the COVID19 situation to postpone the agonizing demise of the Galactic Star Cruiser experience. In reality to set the opening / maiden voyage back (In an overabundance of caution for the health and safety of the guests / voyagers) will not help improve / repair the self-inflicted damage done.

kingdead

I doubt they can at this point--too much money already locked in--but I'm not a financial expert. The people who booked must know that COVID exists, and IF Omicron is a milder variant I expect that everything will be back to normal by March as everyone's so tired of the social limitations of the pandemic.

I worry about the social effects of COVID--burnt-out staff, guests who can't handle being around other guests, etc.

Disstevefan1

We have seen Disney do things on the spur of the moment. I would not be surprised if they push the opening back “in the name of COVID” when in reality they are working to tweak things in the Starcruiser while also trying to build up some pent up demand for it.

GimpYancIent

I doubt they can at this point--too much money already locked in--but I'm not a financial expert. The people who booked must know that COVID exists, and IF Omicron is a milder variant I expect that everything will be back to normal by March as everyone's so tired of the social limitations of the pandemic.

I worry about the social effects of COVID--burnt-out staff, guests who can't handle being around other guests, etc.
Its Star Wars CM's can work on such COVID19 related things as.........
1640536472128.png

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Okay guys in next month what Omicron is a milder variant or not, but if it is milder variant, then March will be MUCH better as back to normal as possible.

Incomudro

We have seen Disney do things on the spur of the moment. I would not be surprised if they push the opening back “in the name of COVID” when in reality they are working to tweak things in the Starcruiser while also trying to build up some pent up demand for it.
I doubt if they have any time to tweak the physical.
What's been designed and built, is designed and built for now.
I can't imagine them coming up with new props, structures, whatever in such a short amount of time.
The stories and acting might be able to be revised, but those things aren't likely to be where the problem lies for those who have a problem with this experience.

TrainsOfDisney

I doubt if they have any time to tweak the physical.
What's been designed and built, is designed and built for now.
I can't imagine them coming up with new props, structures, whatever in such a short amount of time.
The stories and acting might be able to be revised, but those things aren't likely to be where the problem lies for those who have a problem with this experience.
If there is legit concern a few more equity actors could certainly help the situation.

TP2000

Because its not the mass market product- it is a specialty product.

trying to push it to the walmart audience will just create more grief

Nope, that's not the reason they're burying the Galactic Starcruiser. :)

Don't forget, Disney started this whole mess by airing that first cringey sneak peak on the November 28th TV Special. Even though many of the November 28th TV viewers shop at WalMart. (Who doesn't on occasion? You can't beat their low prices & huge selection on automotive supplies, shotgun ammo, cleaning/laundry products, and gardening supplies.)

Disney itself released multiple press statements in November and December that said the Galactic Starcruiser would be featured on the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade TV Special. From the PR department to individual media outlets, to the public-facing Disney Parks Blog, the Galactic Starcruiser was on the short list of upcoming projects that would be featured on the TV special.

From the Parks Blog Post on November 19th, before the horrible reaction to the cringey and cheap product began...

"Both holiday specials will sparkle with holiday cheer, offering heartwarming moments and exclusive sneak peeks at what’s new around The Walt Disney Company. Viewers can look forward to a sneak peek at Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, opening March 1, 2022, at Walt Disney World Resort; a trip on board the all-new Disney Wish from Disney Cruise Line; and special looks at Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto” and Steven Spielberg’s new film “West Side Story.” As part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration, commemorating 50 years of Walt Disney World Resort, every touch of holiday magic will be an extra special, EARidescent treat."

All of those things happened on the Christmas Day TV special, except for any mention of the Galactic Starcruiser. It's been cancelled and shoved down a memory hole for some reason. :cool:

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

Nope, that's not the reason they're burying the Galactic Starcruiser. :)

Disney itself released multiple press statements in November and December that said the Galactic Starcruiser would be featured on the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade TV Special. From the PR department to individual media outlets, to the public-facing Disney Parks Blog, the Galactic Starcruiser was on the short list of upcoming projects that would be featured on the TV special.

From the Parks Blog Post on November 19th, before the horrible reaction to the cringey and cheap product began...

"Both holiday specials will sparkle with holiday cheer, offering heartwarming moments and exclusive sneak peeks at what’s new around The Walt Disney Company. Viewers can look forward to a sneak peek at Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, opening March 1, 2022, at Walt Disney World Resort; a trip on board the all-new Disney Wish from Disney Cruise Line; and special looks at Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto” and Steven Spielberg’s new film “West Side Story.” As part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration, commemorating 50 years of Walt Disney World Resort, every touch of holiday magic will be an extra special, EARidescent treat."

All of those things happened on the TV special, except for any mention of the Galactic Starcruiser. It's been cancelled and shoved down a memory hole for some reason. :cool:

From a Press Release about the Parade TV Special on November 30th...

"it will include plenty of promotion for Disney projects, including the new Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel at Walt Disney World, and the movies Encanto and..."

I won't believe anything happening with Disney unless Mark Daniel says so.
IIRC, he's now the guy introducing the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. I'd believe him if he said Primeval Whirl was coming back. He's awesome!

FettFan

She would be an equivalent of a 100 year old.... if not older.
I mean, she was already an adult by the Mandalorian. When Luke was young.

And Togrutan lifespans are roughly equivalent to humans. 75-95 years of old age.

Ahsoka was born in 36 BBY (Before Battle of Yavin...aka Star Wars ANH), making her about 45 at the time of The Mandalorian (9 ABY - After Battle of Yavin)....and roughly 71 at the time of Rise of Skywalker (35 ABY).

The fact that she's still voiced by Ashley Eckstein in TROS plays into the fact that as a Force Ghost, she can maintain her youthful persona, thanks to George Lucas replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen in one of his needless Return of the Jedi edits.
C8VnGF6UAAEqCKl.jpg

TrainsOfDisney

Putting A list talent into a B rated production. Yeah, let's put it all on to the talent's shoulders.
Well... it’s certainly better than having all the minimum wage employees say “bright suns” and calling that an immersive experience.
I won't believe anything happening with Disney unless Mark Daniel says so.
IIRC, he's now the guy introducing the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. I'd believe him if he said Primeval Whirl was coming back. He's awesome!
Mark Daniel is great - I loved seeing him back in the Comedy Warehouse days and I’m so glad he’s gotten to be an official face of the parks.

TikibirdLand

Well... it’s certainly better than having all the minimum wage employees say “bright suns” and calling that an immersive experience.

Mark Daniel is great - I loved seeing him back in the Comedy Warehouse days and I’m so glad he’s gotten to be an official face of the parks.
I was genuinely disappointed to not see Mark on the special this week. They are really missing something by not including him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom