News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

bubbles1812

Aren't the list of activities out? I recall seeing one and it included "card games" and other underwhelming options.
That’s your opinion on the activities, and you are certainly allowed to think that. But you also prove my point.

How exactly can you say they are “underwhelming” when no one has even experienced them yet? If I get to play card games with Han or Lando type characters, you can bet the bank I’ll be having fun. I really doubt they’ll have us playing solitaire. Just because the activity seems simple does not necessarily mean it’s bad.

I’m sure not every single activity will be an absolute knock out, but Disney will adjust if needed. (This goes back to my statement that people signing up for this, including myself, are not going in dumbly/naively). I’m sure they’ll be surveying guests heavily as they head out the door.

I personally read through the list and said this looks fun. I also thought about my dad and his lifelong love of Star Wars and thought wow, I could make some memories with him to treasure for the rest of my life. It’s not always just about the money.

dmw

In the Parks
No
If I get to play card games with Han or Lando type characters, you can bet the bank I’ll be having fun. I really doubt they’ll have us playing solitaire. Just because the activity seems simple does not necessarily mean it’s bad.
In a visit to SWGE in 2019, Chewbacca was roaming the land and actually stopped to play sabacc in the marketplace. It was cool to watch and I wish I had been able to sit down and play with him. I can totally see characters at the sabacc table on this cruise.

Dad 2 M & M

That’s your opinion on the activities, and you are certainly allowed to think that. But you also prove my point.

How exactly can you say they are “underwhelming” when no one has even experienced them yet? If I get to play card games with Han or Lando type characters, you can bet the bank I’ll be having fun. I really doubt they’ll have us playing solitaire. Just because the activity seems simple does not necessarily mean it’s bad.

I’m sure not every single activity will be an absolute knock out, but Disney will adjust if needed. (This goes back to my statement that people signing up for this, including myself, are not going in dumbly/naively). I’m sure they’ll be surveying guests heavily as they head out the door.

I personally read through the list and said this looks fun. I also thought about my dad and his lifelong love of Star Wars and thought wow, I could make some memories with him to treasure for the rest of my life. It’s not always just about the money.
Well done

Dad 2 M & M

Aren't the list of activities out? I recall seeing one and it included "card games" and other underwhelming options.
Just another money grab, right? The turnover rate with Disney Execs must be high as they never seem to be charging enough. Every time we turn around they are selling out something else as the price is never high enough....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Out of 15 'cruises' in May, only 5 still have (some) openings. March and April are fully booked.

1635736871469.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's actually booking more slowly than I was expecting, considering how few spots are actually available every month. That may just be because of the difficulties involved in actually making a reservation, though.
There's that.

There's also lack of transparency in that any date that is listed as available may only have a few 'cabins' left. We don't know how filled the available dates are. We may be looking at the tip of an iceberg.

UNCgolf

There's that.

There's also lack of transparency in that any date that is listed as available may only have a few 'cabins' left. We don't know how filled the available dates are. We may be looking at the tip of an iceberg.

Also true, but since there are so few cabins to begin with, I don't think that makes a huge difference. It's not like they have 750 cabins to fill for each "cruise".

DisneyJoe

There's that.

Are there any hotel/cruise booking sites that give you that transparency? (well, with a cruise site you can actually try to choose a room to see, but it can take some time)

lewisc

An event which sells out quickly was underpriced. Looks like there is little or no availability for the next 6 months.
A lot of people don't book a year in advance.

I wonder how many guests will cancel before final payment is due

ImperfectPixie

An event which sells out quickly was underpriced. Looks like there is little or no availability for the next 6 months.

I run a Disney FB group. I would say just as many, if not more, book a year or more out as book with shorter notice.

OceanBlue

Is the availability page broken for me? It shows June, July, August and September as totally open and the original date I wanted in April also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom