News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

LovePop

The Disney call center at its finest. When nothing is going on Disney can’t handle its call volume.
I called again this morning, still trying to get a confirmation for my CSR room reservation which I never got. I tried to use the automated system but it says, "we are experiencing technical difficulties" and made me wait for an agent. Then it tells me that the wait time is 167 minutes. So I hung up. Heck, RotR's wait time is currently only 120 minutes. I'm not waiting for an agent longer than for RotR. Will call again tomorrow.

Patcheslee

Transport back the Starcruiser only runs until 4pm.
Screenshot_20211009-180015_Chrome.jpg

GimpYancIent

Now I'm beginning to wonder if Disney went far too generous with pricing, at least for 2022, seeing how quickly this thing is filling up.

Rabid eagerness and wallets are speaking loudly to you, Bob. Take note.
The first voyage has not even launched yet. The newness, freshness, exclusivity and excitement of a different experience does have a life span that will quickly age as people participate and move on, word of mouth, social media i.e. video's etc emerge. Once folk's experience it, my question is, how many guests want to go back and experience it again? Once the mystique is gone how many guests will be motivated to try it at the existing price model?

LovePop

Disney Vacation Club members and Passholders October 7 through October 9.

Current booking status, 10/9/2021, 1:26pm EST:

View attachment 592230

Previously, by 10/6, for Club 33 and Golden Oak, March 1 maiden voyage was full.

Results so far:

Club 33 and Golden Oak: 1 stay, March 1
DVC and Passholder: 2 stays, March 3 and 5

I've decided to keep track of the booking progress for the next 30 days or so, just to have a record of how fast the hotel books up. I am only counting when the rooms are shown to be full, which is the only info I have. It is possible, for example, that March 3 and 5 actually have 90% Golden Oak and only 10% DVC, but I have no way to tell, so I'm just going to go by when the rooms are shown as full. Just to get a vague idea how many from each group are booking.

Edit: additional information posted later today from

SWGalaxys_Edge: "from my TA friend - ALL of the "non-standard" rooms are all reserved for the March 1-May 4 booking timeframe. Nothing but standard cabins left.

October 9, 2021, 956 PM.PNG

Yellow rectangles mark all dates that became full today.

10/9, 4 fully booked voyages: March 3, 5, 11, and May the Fourth. End of DVC and Passholder booking period. Note from SWGalaxys_Edge: "ALL of the "non-standard" rooms are all reserved for the March 1-May 4 booking timeframe. Nothing but standard cabins left."

10/6, 1 fully booked voyage: March 1, Maiden Voyage. End of Club 33 and Golden Oak booking period.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 592335
Yellow rectangles mark all dates that became full today.

10/9, 4 fully booked voyages: March 3, 5, 11, and May the Fourth. End of DVC and Passholder booking period. Note from SWGalaxys_Edge: "ALL of the "non-standard" rooms are all reserved for the March 1-May 4 booking timeframe. Nothing but standard cabins left."

10/6, 1 fully booked voyage: March 1, Maiden Voyage. End of Club 33 and Golden Oak booking period.
I was thinking, "Why such a random day in May to be fully booked?" before "May the fourth (be with you)" finally hit me. :D

I just failed at Stan Wars. I'll turn in my vest.

wutisgood

I learned from the concert industry on "market rate" set initial prices you gotta be someone who can monetize the cost initially or stupid rich and not care. If you can wait you probably should. These are some of the few rooms disney actually won't leave unfilled.

lewisc

I've heard people say that they want to stay at the SW hotel so that they can get on RotR without wait or boarding group. But RotR can now be obtained for a mere $15 LL price (compared to 3K/night), I imagine such people will no longer plan for the SW hotel. I also think it diminishes the value of the stay somewhat, when the big special fastpass for RotR can be purchased for $15. It seems more worthwhile to just stay in the hotel during the Batuu visit. Like maybe get on that transport and take a ride to Batuu, but quickly come back afterwards because the hotel is worth much more than Batuu or even RotR per hour. Especially if consider the fact that most people who stay at the hotel very likely are APs, so the trip to Batuu is something they can do any time for "free," except for paying $15 for RotR. If there's nothing particular to do during that time, I would just sit in the room and stare out the window. God knows I paid enough for that privilege. Why waste it? I only got 2 days.

Also, Disney is offering a quick service meal at Batuu. I think NOBODY should waste their stomach space eating that. I would deny myself and go back to feast on that lunch at the hotel, just like
Are they even serving lunch on the Starcruiser? I thought the sample itinerary suggests some kind of activity or story telling on Batuu. I would hope in some way RotR will be linked to your story line. Sample itineary suggests boarding the transport back to the ship after lunch. I'll agree with your point with respect to guests who want to take the last shuttle back to the ship so they can visit ToyStoryLand/

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Forgetting May the 4th was only your first strike. I'm sure it's happened to everyone occasionally.
However, calling it "Stan" Wars is a big strike two.

Don't fail us again.
I think you're failing at Zoomerisms.

;)

lewisc

Do we know if all cabins were made available to guests prebooking? Concerts generally have a limited number of seats available to customers eligible for pre-sale.

The various threads and Disney fan sites already have posters who have changed dates or even cancelled. I suspect you'll be seeing a number of guests cancelling before final payment.

kingdead

I'm curious why there are standard cabins left--are there simply not enough DVC/passholder members to snatch them all up? Is there a discount for them on the higher end products, so they prefer those? What does this mean for demand?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom