News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

mmascari

"Cast Member discount rates are roughly 50% off of public rates.

Is that the "at cost" price then, or are they actually losing money on these bookings?

If that's the cost, then there's lots and lots of space for the price to come down over time.

Also, wow, what a mark up for the start. Good way to moderate demand.

Unbanshee

Is that the "at cost" price then, or are they actually losing money on these bookings?

If that's the cost, then there's lots and lots of space for the price to come down over time.

I doubt that Disney is giving cast the cruise at cost. There has to be a little bit more margin to play with here

Indy_UK

Disney isn’t ever going to drop the pricing for the public by 50% or so, which does make me worried long term. I really want it to succeed but they can’t even seem to fill it for this summer

kingdead

It's a start!
It's the end, this must be marketed towards full-time white collar Disney employees to get them onto the last voyages and pump up the tips for the staff. No way they'd do it otherwise, especially because the timing is atrocious PR-wise (it looks like they're offering unhappy frontline employees a "let them eat cake" deal).

flynnibus

Premium Member

‘Cost’ here is fuzzy. The operating cost for the cruise is already fixed. The food&bev cost per stateroom is minuscule in this scale…. So an empty stateroom is literally just a hole in customer spending. You can talk about the overhead cost divided by the number of staterooms as their ‘cost’ but it doesn’t really work here because you’re likely comparing filling empty rooms instead of comparing to non-discounted guests.

celluloid

Almost all of the Disney hotels offer 30-50% off for CMs. I’ve booked the All Stars for $68/night for example

Yeah. The avalibility is a lot more on those.

Starcruiser is a premium experience with a tiny amount of rooms. Not really comparable.

And not in a shoulder season when inventory could go to people paying for those rooms at the difference for a place that only has 100 rooms.

MagicHappens1971

Yeah. The avalibility is a lot more on those.

Starcruiser is a premium experience with a tiny amount of rooms. Not really comparable.

And not in a shoulder season when inventory could go to people paying for those rooms at the difference.
Totally agree with you, just saying that accompanied with its lackluster performance it’s not that surprising that after it’s been open a year they’ve started CM discounts. I think the other thing about it’s cheaper to have discounted guests than to let the rooms go empty

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom