News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Hawg G

I think the demand waning may accelerate the need for a new story. A good amount of people in the “niche within a niche”, would do it again if the story changed. Granted some of those people have already been several times
Will a new story really matter, if you are still using the same scan points, and the same mini escape rooms?

celluloid

This time next year will see some significant changes to how the thing operates. The price and experience will find the medium Disney still books out and families still enjoy enough to spend their money on.

Hawg G

Yes. The story is more important to the experience.
I doubt many people who shell our 6000 would come back, or be drawn in for the first time, if a simple story change was done. It's a spaceship. Any story is going to involve the enemy bording, and ultimately being vanquished.

Maybe a truly lavish dining hall, and more Star Warsy entertainment would be a start.

Story change would be a cheap attempt.

MagicHappens1971

I doubt many people who shell our 6000 would come back, or be drawn in for the first time, if a simple story change was done. It's a spaceship. Any story is going to involve the enemy bording, and ultimately being vanquished.

Maybe a truly lavish dining hall, and more Star Warsy entertainment would be a start.

Story change would be a cheap attempt.
Several people have already done it more than once. The story will change eventually, it’s basically immersive theatre, they’re not gonna just keep doing the same show forever

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There are six storylines one can follow. And there are 'events' happening simultaneously in which you can't be at both. It seems the best one can do is follow three storylines at the same time. So, even right now, for people who go multiple times, they can have different experiences:

GimpYancIent

Shut down the experience, put the Faux ship in dry dock and refurbish it, re-launch it with new story lines, upgraded gadgetry / simulations and a realistic / reasonable / fair / honest pricing model!

MagicHappens1971

How wedded is the ship to the strict sequel era? There's no way to do an OT storyline or a Mando story?
They can do whatever they want, the ship is 275 years old, Anakin & Ventress fought on the ship, Han & Leia honeymooned there, etc. The story(s) can be whatever they want. Their larger problem will be the Batuu excursion due to the timeline that is stuck in

mergatroid

They can do whatever they want, the ship is 275 years old, Anakin & Ventress fought on the ship, Han & Leia honeymooned there, etc. The story(s) can be whatever they want. Their larger problem will be the Batuu excursion due to the timeline that is stuck in
Well not really, if they wanted to they could add a bit into the story line that they're travelling through time for the excursion if they really felt like it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

mergatroid

I don’t think there is one instance of time travel in the Star Wars universe though
Well we had Princess Leia floating through space and the force, why not time travelling? It was featured in a cartoon as a friend who watches anything Star Wars told me about it. It wouldn't be ideal but a decent script and story line for the actors could easily sell it, it's all make believe anyway. Maybe get all the guests in the lobby and create some new digital effects for the windows as you time travel. You could have several jumps with different characters turning up following each jump, that way there's not seemingly just the one jump for the 3 hours or so in the park. The engineering rooms could be re scripted so you're adapting the engines for time travel and your time on Batuu could be scripted for a secret mission to find a character to help you jump back?

I'm no writer but I'm sure with a bit of thought that those more talented than me could create something to overcome the issue of the time line? Alternatively you could stay in the same time line and just change up the story and characters. Have some smugglers take over the ship instead of the first order and have them be the bad guys? Again the guests could decide to go with the captain, or side with the smugglers. Change Gaya to a different character with a different story, perhaps have she or he torn between which side to join as they used to be a smuggler previously? Visit Batuu and have a mission to help the captain or the smugglers, no time line change needed. Some new droids brought in and have some none human smugglers as part of the smuggler actor team.

If you're reading this Disney (and obviously desperate if you find my ramblings interesting), then hit me up for a deal as a writer. I come fairly cheap and I'm available if you fly me in from the UK ;)

Sharon&Susan

They can bring over the Disneyland's versions time bubbles and force (pun intended) all the hotel guests into that tiny part of the land. It'll prevent anyone from breaking the space time continuum!

_caleb

Though I love the OT, I think it would be foolish for Disney to promote it by featuring it in the Starcruiser while they’re still making and selling Star Wars content that would benefit from the tie-in promotion.

MagicHappens1971

Though I love the OT, I think it would be foolish for Disney to promote it by featuring it in the Starcruiser while they’re still making and selling Star Wars content that would benefit from the tie-in promotion.
I’m surprised they haven’t tied the Halcyon into one of the newer TV/Disney+ shows. They could film what they need to there and green screen/Volume (thingie) the rest. Super easy tie in and would make want more guests to go there

corran horn

I’m surprised they haven’t tied the Halcyon into one of the newer TV/Disney+ shows. They could film what they need to there and green screen/Volume (thingie) the rest. Super easy tie in and would make want more guests to go there
If this was the 80s or 90s there already would've been a made-for-TV special about it using the environments in an in-universe story setting. (a la Tower of Terror)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom