News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Be careful what you wish for. All of this entertainment was originally planned to be in Galaxy’s Edge. It was then moved out to Starcruiser with an enormous price tag. Is that how you want the future of the parks to be?
Yeah…I thought that was peculiar. Almost like things announced were cut on purpose and then Repackaged at high cost down the line to “ration reinvestment”

Nah…can’t be

celluloid

Pet peeve of mine. Sorry, friendly fire.
People have lost their minds for a week here or there and make it far to easy on “the company”

Because they charge $42 for breakfast at Crystal palace…doesn’t make it “an experience”…it’s just really expensive bacon.

This is a good perspective to be reminded of. Great designers know everything is an experience and it is the service industry to make it happen.
The word itself means nothing because it is all a experience. When it has no context is when it is a buzzword and a abstract emotional pull hype.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a good perspective to be reminded of. Great designers know everything is an experience and it is the service industry to make it happen.
The word itself means nothing because it is all a experience. When it has no context is when it is a buzzword and a abstract emotional pull hype.
I know very little…

…one of those things is how they design their labels to create subconscious emotional response and/or run interference about the failings.

“Customized experience” has gotten tossed around a lot. Because they’re exceeding the sustainable price trajectory and they are overrun on capacity flexibility to be “customized”

…not that hard here.

Cesar R M

I for one don’t want them to fail. I want them to push themselves to truly succeed. I want them to think hard about every single creative decision and then press themselves again to make what they decided on even better. I also want them to offer a consistent level of quality and value across all their theme park projects- not just those locked behind additional paywalls.

And I want them to live up to the standards that were set for them long before they were born. Not look for ways to lower those standards until they no longer have to aspire to them.
Problem is that considering Disney's past behaviour. They almost never "get better". They start cost cutting and making "efficiency" changes to maximize profits.

Cesar R M

Nope.

Space spaced ships would be too big to safely fly in the atmosphere. Gravity would require them to be designed differently. This is why you always take shuttles up to the ship. Disney is doing the same thing. You take the Hydrolator v3.0 up to the spaceship. You take the box truck down to Bantu.
Yeah but that technically does not apply for Star Wars or in some aspects. Star Trek too.
We've seen full blown star destroyers levitating above cities.
So technically this isnt an issue for the level of the technology of the Empire and the Old/New Republic.

DKampy

I was using crystal palace as a example. I love it personally. Enjoy your long awaited trip. It’s the best food consistently in magic kingdom
Ehhh…I find the Magic Kingdom typically has the worst food at any of the parks…however I ate at Skippers Canteen for the first time this last trip…even though I only ate there once so I can’t speak consistently…it was the best meal we ever had in MK

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ehhh…I find the Magic Kingdom typically has the worst food at any of the parks…however I ate at Skippers Canteen for the first time this last trip…even though I only ate there once so I can’t speak consistently…it was the best meal we ever had in MK
We’ve had a couple good meals there as well

neoshinok

I feel like what is featured is mostly acceptable but it's missing a crown jewel attraction. There should be something rivaling Smugglers Run, like a small pod that departs from the ship and can be piloted by families. I feel like tech similar to the virtual coaster at Quest could've been applied. Maybe this would've far exceeded their desired budget.

Cesar R M

Why is Yoda there? He’s completely unrelated to every single character on the ship - he never even met Chewie.
Correct me if I'm wrong. but Didn't he met chewie right in the battle on Chewie's planet and sensed Palpatine's order 66?

* edit * nevermind.. someone had posted the screenshot of this scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom