News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Casper Gutman

A race we've NEVER seen in Star Wars? And of course she has to be blue because, y'know, this shows she's an alien and not human.

Why not a Mon Calamari character?! I agree with another poster here - An animatronic on the bridge would've been far, FAR cooler.
Clearly the captain should be one of those aliens from the cantina who looks like Don Rickles with a horn.

Or the werewolf.

durangojim

I think she’s meant to be Thrawn-y. Without the need for red contacts?
Not to get too far in the weeds (or nerdiness) here, but she's not a Chiss, she's most likely a Pantoran with the faint yellow markings on her cheeks.

Edit: StarWars.com confirmed she's a Pantoran

Last edited:

durangojim

Between the blue skin and her chin (could just be a bad angle) she almost looks like a descendant of Thanos.
yeah, those cheeks and chin are pretty pronounced. Reminds me of this actor from the 80s and 90s, Robert Z'dar
auJBpVd.png

Cesar R M

Oh yeah - I had forgotten about him. I've never read the books though so I only know of him through the TV series so I never considered him as a "species" :D
He appears consistently in the animated TV series as well.
I think he is one of the main antagonists for various seasons along some Siths.

Cesar R M

Not to get too far in the weeds (or nerdiness) here, but she's not a Chiss, she's most likely a Pantoran with the faint yellow markings on her cheeks.

Edit: StarWars.com confirmed she's a Pantoran
The PR department is not doing a very good job in the photos then. Because there is a huge change from what we see and the artwork.

yeah, those cheeks and chin are pretty pronounced. Reminds me of this actor from the 80s and 90s, Robert Z'dar
auJBpVd.png

Are those even real? he looks like he got injected silicone everywhere.

ImperfectPixie

The PR department is not doing a very good job in the photos then. Because there is a huge change from what we see and the artwork.

Are those even real? he looks like he got injected silicone everywhere.
It's hard to tell...I google image-searched him, and I found an older black & white shot of him where his face looks normal, but all the other images of him over time look like he had plastic surgery more than once over the years.

UNCgolf

I think the presence of this actor on the bridge confirms it won't be accessible to guests at any time. They're not going to ask (or more importantly, pay for) a CM to stay in costume/makeup just in case someone wants to go to the bridge.

Guests will likely visit it as part of a structured schedule and then it will be off-limits for the rest of the stay.

Incomudro

LOL! This keeps on getting better and better! This is clearly in the wrong people's hands.
This is playing out like some kind of comedic joke, but it's real.
Who is going to find that to be a cool captain?
She looks like a character from a pre school kids show.
It amazes me that there are people in control of this who believe that this - and the rest of what they've shown us - is what people want.
And no, selling out on the first go 'round doesn't show that the people want this.
It's future voyages after the real story gets out that will tell that.

hopemax

I am beside myself that they dressed a blue character all in blue. And that the makeup is literally just body paint.
Professional actors complain about what the makeup does to their skin long term, potentially toxic absorption, application and the removal process. And they are usually getting paid way better than the average person. I can't imagine that is the case here. Just a normal sized premium to a normal sized salary. I'm sure it all seems cool on Day 1, but how long will these people want to keep playing this character vs rotating out after 6 months?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom