News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

corran horn

In a few years after TWDC determines the Galactic Starcruiser its not "making enough" money, it will make a nice DVC resort :)
I'd say fine dining with the same 'transport shuttle' schema if I had to guess. Not sure what they'd do with the guest rooms though.

I actually think this could be a pretty great experience and still not be around in 5 years due to cost (on both sides).

Skywise

Seeing this in action now... I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to just build the hotel as the starcruiser in a "landed" state (like a docked ship) Make it bigger and have an entire facade of the ship there that you can enter. You'd have the pool built into the fiction now (It's here at this 'port of call') and then allow public access to the ship's lounges and restaurants while keeping the bridge/interactive experiences for "passengers" only.

I'm sure they've got some "plan B" on the books to convert this to a typical resort once the novelty wears off.

JoeCamel

Seeing this in action now... I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to just build the hotel as the starcruiser in a "landed" state (like a docked ship) Make it bigger and have an entire facade of the ship there that you can enter. You'd have the pool built into the fiction now (It's here at this 'port of call') and then allow public access to the ship's lounges and restaurants while keeping the bridge/interactive experiences for "passengers" only.

I'm sure they've got some "plan B" on the books to convert this to a typical resort once the novelty wears off.
But its only 100 rooms. You can't support a stand alone hotel like that efficiently. If it was parked along an offramp it would pay but as a Disney hotel it is not really workable without the gimmick

Hawg G

Not years.

I'm just waiting for the desparation rates that should show up sometime next year when they have empty rooms. Will Disney eat an empty room instead of selling them for bargain last minute rates? It's not like a cruise that requires serious planning. Hell, at the right price, many would just go to the Starcruiser for 2 days, and still pay their other hotel they had for the week.

Can't wait for the first PAYING customer reviews. They better have multiple ship decks, so they can close one down at a time for a complete redo after the scathing reviews pile up.

But, they will never be able to fix the main problem though: the tiny size of the rooms. A necessity on an actual ship, but simply an FU cheapness decision for the Starcruiser. 3 grand for a room smaller than All Stars. I mean, really?

Also, not sure if this article has been shared. It has some new to me details...

ToTBellHop

In a few years after TWDC determines the Galactic Starcruiser its not "making enough" money, it will make a nice DVC resort :)
The easiest retheme would be to Disney’s All-Star Wars Resort, although they would have to add a pool. Otherwise, it already has the appropriate theming. Thankfully, it’s a giant trailer so they can just wheel it down the road and park next to the triplets.

Skywise

But its only 100 rooms. You can't support a stand alone hotel like that efficiently. If it was parked along an offramp it would pay but as a Disney hotel it is not really workable without the gimmick
Yeah - the way it is they've really built themselves into a corner here. The entrance requires an elevator ride which greatly restricts traffic flow and there's not that many rooms which would require an add-on tower of some sort to make it viable.

They went "all in"

Magic Feather

As a "for the record" moment, there is a backup plan: lowering prices. Nowhere near low enough to make it accessible to everyone (after all the experience has limited supply by design), but low enough to bring in more people. I doubt we will ever see a day where this is not the most expensive resort/ resort experience on property.

ImperfectPixie

Are you saying that photo doesn't inspire you? This just keeps making me more sad, they could have expanded the universe significantly in a meaningful way. Instead we just got someone who looks like a 1950s bus driver with a blue face and a non descript bridge.
I am beside myself that they dressed a blue character all in blue. And that the makeup is literally just body paint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom