News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

peter11435

This was something they had already started with the Marvel franshise. (EG - You never saw Mickey with Captain America's shield, Donald as Thor or Goofy as the Hulk...).
1638738472493.jpeg

Indy_UK

This is also why you don't see the Disney Characters in SW outfits or any merchandise with them anymore..
028cda99fce97cb6523f85115788f681.jpg
They weren’t allowed anymore under Disney buying Lucasfilm alongside any meet and greet had to be very controlled with a minimum of 3 surrounded walls when outside of a particular themed land for example

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm in several groups for the cruiser itself, costuming, and the date of our 'cruise.' Everyone on those pages is excited and bubbling over to share ideas. From what I've seen we're all just ready to have a good time. Nobody seems to be bogged down in what an experience like this could mean for the future of Disney vacations/offerings, or even quality. General mood is we don't hope to have a good time, we just know we will. Because at the end of the day we all genuinely want to.
Who will you be going as?

If I were going, I'd play someone like a member of Erudo Ro-Kiintor's staff. My name: Bakon Aneggs.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They absolutely had to kill off Solo to get Harrison Ford back, I agree but that's not my point. Where's Vader in the parks? Where's Boba Fett in the parks? Artoo? Threepio? Yoda? Mace Windu?! Although Luke and Leia are "old" I get that nobody wants to see them in character (Evil Stepmother *cough* *cough*) that's... odd...

The entirety of the original series was expunged.
Been on Star Tours lately?

UNCgolf

I agree there was horrendous stuff there - just like all the Star Trek "Harlequin romance" books. But they could've just picked and chosen what to keep canon and what not - not just issue a blanket ultimatum that it's all non-canon then go back and retell the exact same stories with minor differences. That's not world building - that's cutting royalties out and locking down copyrights.

To an extent, but most of the actually good stuff in the EU was built off of the original Zahn trilogy and, IIRC, parts of it were already rendered non-canon due to the prequels.

I think it would have been really difficult to pick and choose certain things to keep canon. "This novel is mostly canon, but all the references to this thing are not..."

Cmdr_Crimson

That was some weird corporate-wide strategy to "not pollute the brands with Disney". Supposedly that was one of Kathleen Kennedy's first edicts but I don't think so. This was something they had already started with the Marvel franshise. (EG - You never saw Mickey with Captain America's shield, Donald as Thor or Goofy as the Hulk...). I'm not sure if that was a lawyer call (to keep the IP from mixing - although it already HAD with Star Wars but was under strict contract about how it was used) or Iger's call as a way of positioning the different brands (Notice that when you begin watching a particular marvel, star wars or disney show/movie on Disney+ there's a distinct franchise opening. Star Wars isn't a 20th century Fox movie, or a "Disney" movie (or a Buena Vista one!)... it's a "Star Wars" "Star Wars movie".
Or maybe it was a way of saying all the brands were "equal" because Mickey Mouse as the characters makes them "sub" to Disney... (that's just a wild guess though) Or that linking Mickey Mouse with Star Wars or Marvel might taint the family image with violent movies (But then they already HAD done that with Star Wars)
Regardless - I think it's short sighted and silly when they're already mixing these IPs into the parks!
Ummmm...
d79b84d8a80f5692f1bdb5c4d5d6be40--disney-theme-disney-cruiseplan.jpg

Cesar R M

couldn't we say the same thing about Pandora? Where are the Avatars walking around? We see foot prints. We see ONE in some kind of amniotic liquid in the queue of FOP but none outside. If you remember anything about the movie, there's really nothing to tie it to the movie. At the end of the day, it shares an example of an excellent ride and a meh ride. The only thing it misses is an Avatar hotel. I shouldn't be giving them ideas!
Aren't they already experimenting on exo suits to build taller and bulkier characters?
This is one impediment of Na'vis versus the doable aliens and droids in Star Wars.

Cesar R M

This does look particularly bad. It looks more Trek than Wars. 1990s Trek. I want to be on a bridge with a CGI Admiral Akbar barking out orders, and a screen accurate control panel. Not some horrible joystick and button control panel torn from an old Taito arcade machine in front of a CRT.
I'm surprised they didn't build a mon calamari animatronic or similar to showcase in the bridge of the Halcyon. Similar to how you see one in RISE.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You missed the point. We are not saying we want a cheaper experience in price if the price is worth it. We want a better quality experience. If they had something worth 5 grand the fans would pay for it. They have not shown anything that justifies the price so far. The poster you qouted made a suggestion saying what they created is a disaster and they could have made a better experience with something more moderatley priced if the quality was there with his example and you know what? He was right.
Maybe I need to refresh your memory, you seem to be having a hard time following the subject seeing your deflecting.

View attachment 605186

JoeCamel

You missed the point. We are not saying we want a cheaper experience in price if the price is worth it. We want a better quality experience. If they had something worth 5 grand the fans would pay for it. They have not shown anything that justifies the price so far. The poster you qouted made a suggestion saying what they created is a disaster and they could have made a better experience with something more moderatley priced if the quality was there with his example and you know what? He was right.
Right, you want your star bores on the cheap

GimpYancIent

There has been quite a bit of pointing out in the concept art and teases about the "Lounge", something aimed at the adults and not the littles (at least I hope that's the way Disney is looking at it), so, during the supposed down time in the scheduled activities if there could be Star Cruiser after hours at the "Lounge"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom