• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Opening in 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will invite you into a new kind of “storyliving” as you travel the galaxy in a finely appointed starship. So far, many details about this new experience have been as cryptic as a Bothan spy, so it’s exciting to get another peek at what we have in store. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?"

gst982375982750298340239842.jpg

• The Halcyon starcruiser, in the upper-left corner, is your home for this two-night adventure. The sleek ship is known for its impeccable service, fabulous entertainment and exquisite dining, all of which you’ll get to enjoy during your vacation. (Side note: You can see a model of the ship right now in Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.)
  • There are four people at the center of the poster – a youngling wearing Jedi robes and wielding a lightsaber, an adult dressed in the uniform of a First Order officer, a Twi’lek adult, and another youngling who appears to be holding a piece of technology of some sort. These figures are meant to represent you, the travelers, because Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is about your choices and how you live your personal Star Wars stories. Do you want to support the First Order? Live like a Jedi in training? Or perhaps become a member of high galactic society? It’s all waiting there for you to discover and decide.
  • In front of those central figures is an R-series astromech droid – but one that seems to have a few extra bells and whistles. Hmm … I bet there’s a story there, too.
  • In the lower left, you see passengers enjoying the remarkable cuisine offered in the Crown of Corellia Dining Room, the starcruiser’s enticing supper club. The food and drink certainly seem otherworldly …
  • The image in the lower right is something I’m incredibly excited for – lightsaber training! That’s right, as part of your experience, you’ll face off with a training remote similar to how Luke Skywalker once did and learn the lightsaber’s ancient ways.
  • Looming above all this is the intimidating visage of Kylo Ren. Couple him with those First Order stormtroopers charging into the scene on the left-hand side and … I have a bad feeling about this. The Halcyon starcruiser does have a storied past, after all, and a reputation for finding itself in the middle of galactic conflicts. Luckily Chewbacca and his trusty bowcaster are there in the upper-right corner. Remember, it’s not wise to upset a Wookiee!
  • And don’t miss what’s happening at the very bottom of the poster. There’s something very familiar about those spires – especially to anyone who’s traveled to Batuu. I’ve heard the Halcyon starcruiser is adding that far-flung planet to its itinerary starting next year …

GimpYancIent

"Opening in 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will invite you into a new kind of “storyliving” as you travel the galaxy in a finely appointed starship. So far, many details about this new experience have been as cryptic as a Bothan spy, so it’s exciting to get another peek at what we have in store. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?"

View attachment 573767

• The Halcyon starcruiser, in the upper-left corner, is your home for this two-night adventure. The sleek ship is known for its impeccable service, fabulous entertainment and exquisite dining, all of which you’ll get to enjoy during your vacation. (Side note: You can see a model of the ship right now in Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.)
  • There are four people at the center of the poster – a youngling wearing Jedi robes and wielding a lightsaber, an adult dressed in the uniform of a First Order officer, a Twi’lek adult, and another youngling who appears to be holding a piece of technology of some sort. These figures are meant to represent you, the travelers, because Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is about your choices and how you live your personal Star Wars stories. Do you want to support the First Order? Live like a Jedi in training? Or perhaps become a member of high galactic society? It’s all waiting there for you to discover and decide.
  • In front of those central figures is an R-series astromech droid – but one that seems to have a few extra bells and whistles. Hmm … I bet there’s a story there, too.
  • In the lower left, you see passengers enjoying the remarkable cuisine offered in the Crown of Corellia Dining Room, the starcruiser’s enticing supper club. The food and drink certainly seem otherworldly …
  • The image in the lower right is something I’m incredibly excited for – lightsaber training! That’s right, as part of your experience, you’ll face off with a training remote similar to how Luke Skywalker once did and learn the lightsaber’s ancient ways.
  • Looming above all this is the intimidating visage of Kylo Ren. Couple him with those First Order stormtroopers charging into the scene on the left-hand side and … I have a bad feeling about this. The Halcyon starcruiser does have a storied past, after all, and a reputation for finding itself in the middle of galactic conflicts. Luckily Chewbacca and his trusty bowcaster are there in the upper-right corner. Remember, it’s not wise to upset a Wookiee!
  • And don’t miss what’s happening at the very bottom of the poster. There’s something very familiar about those spires – especially to anyone who’s traveled to Batuu. I’ve heard the Halcyon starcruiser is adding that far-flung planet to its itinerary starting next year …

Me, Myself and I (all three of us) are pumped.

AshaNeOmah

So based on this, I better have some droid butlers, alien servers, and wookie security guards, otherwise it will be the worst larping thing ever.
You'll see Chewbacca at scheduled times, behind a plexiglass barrier with minimal interaction, and you'll be happy about spending your $5k to do it!

The other two? Wishful thinking. Maybe on a screen.

kingdead

Two of these obviously, obviously should be regular park attractions (the restaurant and the lightsaber training experience).

I'm still of the opinion that the kind of person who would pay $5k for a two night experience is not going to be satisfied with whatever story Disney tells (possibly vocally so, during said story). That said, maybe you don't need repeat customers to make this a profitable venture.

fngoofy

Two of these obviously, obviously should be regular park attractions (the restaurant and the lightsaber training experience).

I'm still of the opinion that the kind of person who would pay $5k for a two night experience is not going to be satisfied with whatever story Disney tells (possibly vocally so, during said story). That said, maybe you don't need repeat customers to make this a profitable venture.
How would you propose to do a lightsaber training experience in a theme park setting?
If each individual gets a 10 min training, are you good with waiting 30 months for your time in line?

ThatMouse

This is a luxury experience designed to attract new rich customers. It seems more of an extension of the VIP tour guides that let you completely skip the lines. It will be interesting I guess to see how it works... I mean as interesting as watching billionaires go to space.

kingdead

How would you propose to do a lightsaber training experience in a theme park setting?
If each individual gets a 10 min training, are you good with waiting 30 months for your time in line?
Is the technology to do a group "training" really that complicated? You could get 30 people in at a time, do a preshow, and then have people "practice" for a few minutes. Maybe you get a picture of yourself practicing if that's technologically feasible.

I am NOT an Imagineer so perhaps that really would be super difficult, but the problem I see is that it's free with admission...

fngoofy

Is the technology to do a group "training" really that complicated? You could get 30 people in at a time, do a preshow, and then have people "practice" for a few minutes. Maybe you get a picture of yourself practicing if that's technologically feasible.

I am NOT an Imagineer so perhaps that really would be super difficult, but the problem I see is that it's free with admission...
Well, for the experience that it seems you are going to get, it has to be one on one.
Or, more likely a family or two. BUT not all at once or maybe two at a time. It's the tech experience that is the limiter. I've gotta think there will be some force feedback on the saber, coupled with a foggy room so you can see some "laser blasts" coming to your blade.
IF they could do it at scale they would. And who knows, with practice and advancing tech, maybe they can scale it up, but I think we are some years out on that.

nickys

Premium Member
Well, for the experience that it seems you are going to get, it has to be one on one.
Or, more likely a family or two. BUT not all at once or maybe two at a time. It's the tech experience that is the limiter. I've gotta think there will be some force feedback on the saber, coupled with a foggy room so you can see some "laser blasts" coming to your blade.
IF they could do it at scale they would. And who knows, with practice and advancing tech, maybe they can scale it up, but I think we are some years out on that.
Why would they scale it up if they can charge people for it in a very expensive niche experience? I just don’t see why they would want to if they have enough people willing to pay.

That said, they already do it for kids, so they could make two sessions a day just for adults if they wanted to.

This is a bucket list wish for DH and he’s willing to use some of his retirement lump sum payment to pay for it. If we do, this is the one thing I really, really want to try.

Daveyploo

Was that Honda MAGICAL though?!? Didn't think so! 🤪

Also I tried to look in to it but came up empty; wasn't one of the theorized reasons Disney cheapened out on Star Wars land roving characters (not the big ones like Kylo or Mary Sue) was because those were technically actors and, in California at least, required SAG membership or something? Or am I remembering wrong?

Why will this hotel experience be different in any case? Do people really expect to encounter dozens of interesting in-character actors here, each with their own backstory?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom