News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

AshaNeOmah

So based on this, I better have some droid butlers, alien servers, and wookie security guards, otherwise it will be the worst larping thing ever.
You'll see Chewbacca at scheduled times, behind a plexiglass barrier with minimal interaction, and you'll be happy about spending your $5k to do it!

The other two? Wishful thinking. Maybe on a screen.

kingdead

Two of these obviously, obviously should be regular park attractions (the restaurant and the lightsaber training experience).

I'm still of the opinion that the kind of person who would pay $5k for a two night experience is not going to be satisfied with whatever story Disney tells (possibly vocally so, during said story). That said, maybe you don't need repeat customers to make this a profitable venture.

fngoofy

Two of these obviously, obviously should be regular park attractions (the restaurant and the lightsaber training experience).

I'm still of the opinion that the kind of person who would pay $5k for a two night experience is not going to be satisfied with whatever story Disney tells (possibly vocally so, during said story). That said, maybe you don't need repeat customers to make this a profitable venture.
How would you propose to do a lightsaber training experience in a theme park setting?
If each individual gets a 10 min training, are you good with waiting 30 months for your time in line?

ThatMouse

This is a luxury experience designed to attract new rich customers. It seems more of an extension of the VIP tour guides that let you completely skip the lines. It will be interesting I guess to see how it works... I mean as interesting as watching billionaires go to space.

kingdead

How would you propose to do a lightsaber training experience in a theme park setting?
If each individual gets a 10 min training, are you good with waiting 30 months for your time in line?
Is the technology to do a group "training" really that complicated? You could get 30 people in at a time, do a preshow, and then have people "practice" for a few minutes. Maybe you get a picture of yourself practicing if that's technologically feasible.

I am NOT an Imagineer so perhaps that really would be super difficult, but the problem I see is that it's free with admission...

fngoofy

Is the technology to do a group "training" really that complicated? You could get 30 people in at a time, do a preshow, and then have people "practice" for a few minutes. Maybe you get a picture of yourself practicing if that's technologically feasible.

I am NOT an Imagineer so perhaps that really would be super difficult, but the problem I see is that it's free with admission...
Well, for the experience that it seems you are going to get, it has to be one on one.
Or, more likely a family or two. BUT not all at once or maybe two at a time. It's the tech experience that is the limiter. I've gotta think there will be some force feedback on the saber, coupled with a foggy room so you can see some "laser blasts" coming to your blade.
IF they could do it at scale they would. And who knows, with practice and advancing tech, maybe they can scale it up, but I think we are some years out on that.

nickys

Premium Member
Well, for the experience that it seems you are going to get, it has to be one on one.
Or, more likely a family or two. BUT not all at once or maybe two at a time. It's the tech experience that is the limiter. I've gotta think there will be some force feedback on the saber, coupled with a foggy room so you can see some "laser blasts" coming to your blade.
IF they could do it at scale they would. And who knows, with practice and advancing tech, maybe they can scale it up, but I think we are some years out on that.
Why would they scale it up if they can charge people for it in a very expensive niche experience? I just don’t see why they would want to if they have enough people willing to pay.

That said, they already do it for kids, so they could make two sessions a day just for adults if they wanted to.

This is a bucket list wish for DH and he’s willing to use some of his retirement lump sum payment to pay for it. If we do, this is the one thing I really, really want to try.

Daveyploo

Was that Honda MAGICAL though?!? Didn't think so! 🤪

Also I tried to look in to it but came up empty; wasn't one of the theorized reasons Disney cheapened out on Star Wars land roving characters (not the big ones like Kylo or Mary Sue) was because those were technically actors and, in California at least, required SAG membership or something? Or am I remembering wrong?

Why will this hotel experience be different in any case? Do people really expect to encounter dozens of interesting in-character actors here, each with their own backstory?

fngoofy

Why would they scale it up if they can charge people for it in a very expensive niche experience? I just don’t see why they would want to if they have enough people willing to pay.

That said, they already do it for kids, so they could make two sessions a day just for adults if they wanted to.

This is a bucket list wish for DH and he’s willing to use some of his retirement lump sum payment to pay for it. If we do, this is the one thing I really, really want to try.
They would scale it up if they can provide a compelling experience to more people and make more money.
Those new light sabers alone would sell themselves if you just had a cool training secession.

magnanimous66

Fake Disney Star Wars. Just another shameless money grab attempt by Disney. Build another hotel "like we need another hotel" slap the name "Star Wars" on it, charge an obscene amount of money to stay their, failing to deliver on the conceived experience, similar to Black Spire Outpost. Utterly ridiculous. Disney's manipulative and fraudulent and failed attempts are contemptuous like a street pimp. Disney is creatively bankrupt. Disney's main priority is to separate you from your money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom