News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wow. Very surprised that no SR or RotR preferred access.
That isn't what I said.

I said no 'exclusive access' to Batuu. Aka - no time in the land with no one else there.

And given we now know the size of the property... that's not a shock at all. A few hundred people would be lost like a drop in the ocean in the land.

I still fully expect exclusive PERKS for the starcruiser guests.. but not time alone in the land.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That isn't what I said.

I said no 'exclusive access' to Batuu. Aka - no time in the land with no one else there.

And given we now know the size of the property... that's not a shock at all. A few hundred people would be lost like a drop in the ocean in the land.

I still fully expect exclusive PERKS for the starcruiser guests.. but not time alone in the land.

... not to mention the cost of staffing the land for that small number of guests.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I might be wrong, but I got the impression that you won't be able to just go visit unless you're staying there? Because of the role-playing aspect?

Seems likely that would be the case, although it would be a good idea for Disney to do an open house of some sort when it first opens.

MurphyJoe

That isn't what I said.

I wonder if Disney would introduce an after hours event in Batuu for which Starcruiser guests receive admission during their stay? It's a perk that's not a perk, the GP assists in offsetting the costs, and it might be more palatable to Disney for Starcruiser guests who want to visit Batuu in SW cosplay to do so during the event.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wonder if Disney would introduce an after hours event in Batuu for which Starcruiser guests receive admission during their stay? It's a perk that's not a perk, the GP assists in offsetting the costs, and it might be more palatable to Disney for Starcruiser guests who want to visit Batuu in SW cosplay to do so during the event.

Lets not forget the headline attraction is already one that struggles to run full time and needed every hour of downtime it can get for maintenance to keep it running. Second, like I mentioned before, the total number of guests in the hotel is a drop in the ocean that is Galaxy's Edge -- making it incredibly inefficient to staff the land for such a small number of guests.

These kinds of realities just make it incredibly impractical to do it.

SteveAZee

I'm assuming that Disney would have the same issues here as they do when people want to wear known Disney character costumes into the parks... guests confusing actual Disney cast members with just some schmo walking around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom