News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

sedati

Star Wars swimming pool:
1542415671877.png

Also, no showers- just bacta tanks:
1542415766660.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Outdoor for sure... and I'd think it impact the plumbing needs enough to maybe be involved in the water management stuff driving these plans... but dunno honestly. Restrooms and kitchen loads didn't seem emphasized either... even if shown location wise on the plan.

Restroom and kitchen loads are not on the blueprints, but the calculations are in the FDEP permit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Speaking of a pool again...any sign of one on the plans? Maybe on floor 2 not shown if indoor or possibly outside. Would the plans have to show an outdoor pool area or is that not distruptive enough to impact drainage?

I don't see any place in the plans that could accommodate a pool. I also doubt it would be on the second floor, since to get to 100 rooms it will need to have rooms directly above the first floor rooms, and then a bunch more in the front area. I would also assume there will be more common areas on the second floor.

peter11435

I don't see any place in the plans that could accommodate a pool. I also doubt it would be on the second floor, since to get to 100 rooms it will need to have rooms directly above the first floor rooms, and then a bunch more in the front area. I would also assume there will be more common areas on the second floor.
I’m not even sure how they can get to 100 rooms

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m not even sure how they can get to 100 rooms

Unless they were all smaller.

Also, people need to accept the fact that this is not a hotel in the traditional sense, thus, no pool. There will be no amenities to just hang out at as an alternative to participating in the LARP. You don't want to LARP? Stay in your room and read. This isn't a hotel, it's an event.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Unless they were all smaller.

Also, people need to accept the fact that this is not a hotel in the traditional sense, thus, no pool. There will be no amenities to just hang out at as an alternative to participating in the LARP. You don't want to LARP? Stay in your room and read. This isn't a hotel, it's an event.
I don’t think a pool is make or break for the experience. We discussed it many pages back and it looks like based on these plans it’s unlikely to have one. Not a huge deal.

I go back to a discussion from many pages ago...this place isn’t going to be geared towards young children or families with them. Kids love pools. There will be no taking turns participating while mom/dad takes little Timmy to the pool.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do people desperately need a pool for a 2 night experience? I couldn’t possibly care less about that. Would seem like a waste of time during this type of experience.

I still think this will be the biggest challenge for Disney with this resort. No matter how well the market it, a certain percentage of guests will expect this to be just a Star Wars theme hotel with everything they expect from any other Disney hotel.

MickeyMinnieMom

I still think this will be the biggest challenge for Disney with this resort. No matter how well the market it, a certain percentage of guests will expect this to be just a Star Wars theme hotel with everything they expect from any other Disney hotel.
I kinda doubt it, actually. It’s clearly a different cruise-like experience from the get go. The target market will get it if they pay attention to marketing at all.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do people desperately need a pool for a 2 night experience? I couldn’t possibly care less about that. Would seem like a waste of time during this type of experience.

No, they desperately want a Star Wars Hotel without the LARP. And so, they're in denial about how the SWR won't have the usual resort amenities.

Movielover

No, they desperately want a Star Wars Hotel without the LARP. And so, they're in denial about how the SWR won't have the usual resort amenities.

I remember some poster way back when freaking out about not being able to do his morning run and having access to a excercise room... It's a 2 day theme experience, you can hold off on exercise for that time.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's the key point, there will be people who just year "Star Wars Resort" and don't listen to anything after that.

Don’t assume this will be sold the same way as a hotel tho....

It’s possible that you control the buying experience and process in a way that funnels the buyer through checks and information so that you avoid or minimize the “i didn’t look at all that...” situation and someone just shows up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom