News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is no onsite guest parking. To create a totally immersive environment you don’t park your car and walk into the lobby. All of the elevations of the burms shown in the plan obstruct the hotel entrance from everything else. Consider a scenario where parking is far offsite and guests board some form of transit (busses with no passenger windows idk) which bring them to the hotel and also serve as transportation to SWGE. I mean if all the rooms are going to use screens instead of windows why not the busses? The lot @danlb_2000 highlited is going to become backstage when everything is done so there wouldn’t be any guests driving through or parking.

Movielover

What strikes me as odd, is that the guard booth/gate is beyond the parking area. Typical Disney resorts have security booth/gate prior to the parking area. Any possibility of parking garage structure below the hotel rooms? Additionally the lack of apparant handicapped parking onsite.

I kinda assumed that the spots south of the turnaround would be handicapped parking.

Attachments

• park.jpg
    park.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 94

MickeyMinnieMom

I am assuming it will be like a Cruise Ship. And why would you want to leave the hotel anyway when paying $3K a night or whatever.
I am assuming most people will utilize the hotel fully and not venture much outside it.
While most might not leave much, not having the option to hop in your car and go if you need/want to would seem odd to me. Unless it’s valet parked nearby enough, like some NYC hotels and others.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am assuming it will be like a Cruise Ship. And why would you want to leave the hotel anyway when paying $3K a night or whatever.
I am assuming most people will utilize the hotel fully and not venture much outside it.

This has been discussed quite a bit in the past, and there are people who believe this will be a captive experience. Personally I just don't see that happening.

Rteetz

This has been discussed quite a bit in the past, and there are people who believe this will be a captive experience. Personally I just don't see that happening.
Obviously people can come and go as they please but in order for the storyline to happen and guests being in the story I’m not sure how it couldn’t be a captive experience.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Obviously people can come and go as they please but in order for the storyline to happen and guests being in the story I’m not sure how it couldn’t be a captive experience.

Some people have suggested that you won't be able to come and go as you please. Personally I think you will be allowed to do whatever you want, but it will be to your benefit to follow the "rules" to get the most from the experience.

po1998

No firm data has surfaced but it's likely to be after Galaxy's Edge opens. They are continuing the site prep for the project so there is no reason at this point to think it has been cut.
I don't think it will be cut completely, just speculating if they are scaling it back due to what will be very high operational costs(CM's) if they open this with the levels of immersion previously announced/rumored.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hmmm... perhaps that spot is for a shuttle/van with a side loading entrance?

Also, it seems odd that the one handicapped space isn't front and center. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Spots must be connected to the shortest ROUTE - not necessarily the shortest distance to the spot. I believe by that definition, any spot along that curb would be acceptable as long as the space has the right features and of course the curb access.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What if... this gets built and it's packed for the first 6-12 months, and then occupancy drops like a rock? I just don't see this having a long lifespan without needing to update/change/freshen things up on a regular basis. That costs money, which we know TDO is often loathe to do because it negatively affects their bottom line. I just can't see a near-endless stream of SW fans spending the $$$ to pack this hotel for years and years and years with the missteps Disney has made with the franchise.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What if... this gets built and it's packed for the first 6-12 months, and then occupancy drops like a rock? I just don't see this having a long lifespan without needing to update/change/freshen things up on a regular basis. That costs money, which we know TDO is often loathe to do because it negatively affects their bottom line. I just can't see a near-endless stream of SW fans spending the $$$ to pack this hotel for years and years and years with the missteps Disney has made with the franchise.

If that happens they will probably remove a lot of the interactive elements and just make it a standard Star Wars themed hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom