News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry, I missed it. Where are we thinking the back door will be?

When you enter, the MF will be on your right.

1540907826247.png

mmascari

Yes, for park transportation, but what about when you are first arriving in your own car?

Where do you actually park for that first arrival?

I don't remember any huge parking lot next to the hotel. I think we've been assuming it's some type of cruise embarkation process where you park "someplace else" and take transport to the hotel. Probably on some schedule, similar to a cruise, where all the guests normally arrive and depart in the same time window. This would give them full control of the normal sight lines for arrivals and departures.

Obviously with capability to get out if needed, since it's not a real cruise that's ocean bound. But, I wouldn't expect to "just walk over to the car for something". Maybe a scheduled shuttle or a requested shuttle or something special. I would guess the communication for people parking will be to plan on limited access and to not leave stuff in the car.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Where do you actually park for that first arrival?

I don't remember any huge parking lot next to the hotel. I think we've been assuming it's some type of cruise embarkation process where you park "someplace else" and take transport to the hotel. Probably on some schedule, similar to a cruise, where all the guests normally arrive and depart in the same time window. This would give them full control of the normal sight lines for arrivals and departures.

Obviously with capability to get out if needed, since it's not a real cruise that's ocean bound. But, I wouldn't expect to "just walk over to the car for something". Maybe a scheduled shuttle or a requested shuttle or something special. I would guess the communication for people parking will be to plan on limited access and to not leave stuff in the car.

I am assuming this will be the parking for the hotel.

1540917805797.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's like less than 100 parking spots... I hope not.

As much as people would hyperventilate that they can't be separated from their car... I'm really hoping it's some offsite parking.

We don't expect this to be a huge hotel, 100 guest spots should easily cover a 200 to 300 rooms.

flynnibus

Premium Member
We don't expect this to be a huge hotel, 100 guest spots should easily cover a 200 to 300 rooms.

I don't know EPCOT code for hotel parking... but it's usually at least 1:1 in most designs. I know Disney is different due to the busing.. and maybe 'inclusive' nature of this property. but 1:3? I find that a stretch... Art of Animation is roughly 2000 rooms, and easily has 1500 parking spots (don't want to count them.. just extrapolating some simple estimates)

BernardandBianca

From RCID zoning regulations. Sorry for the poor quality.

Original document https://www.rcid.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Land-Development-Regulations.pdf

View attachment 323286

Am I reading this correctly? Monorail resorts require 1.3 parking spots per guest room, while non-monorail resorts only require 1.0 spots per room. Are they anticipating that the monorail guests will bring in more than 1 car per room, or are they expecting non-room-guests will be parking there because of the monorail? Or is it because the monorail-resorts have more and better(?) restaurants?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Ok, so the standard for a non-monorail resort is 1 spot per room. So the area I circled would likely be to small, but it could overflow in the main part of the DHS lot.

What strikes me as odd, is that the guard booth/gate is beyond the parking area. Typical Disney resorts have security booth/gate prior to the parking area. Any possibility of parking garage structure below the hotel rooms? Additionally the lack of apparant handicapped parking onsite.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Am I reading this correctly? Monorail resorts require 1.3 parking spots per guest room, while non-monorail resorts only require 1.0 spots per room. Are they anticipating that the monorail guests will bring in more than 1 car per room, or are they expecting non-room-guests will be parking there because of the monorail? Or is it because the monorail-resorts have more and better(?) restaurants?

These are general zoning regulations which Disney can and probably frequently does apply for variances for.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What strikes me as odd, is that the guard booth/gate is beyond the parking area. Typical Disney resorts have security booth/gate prior to the parking area. Any possibility of parking garage structure below the hotel rooms? Additionally the lack of apparant handicapped parking onsite.

But you won't be able to get into that parking area without going through the DHS toll plaza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom