News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GoofGoof

Premium Member
one of 2 ways:
1, cheapest way possible
2, Via a $100.00 Cupcake Party special Minnie Van Transport.
#2....Classic :)

Now is that a standard Minnie Van where they just give me a ride and feed me a cupcake or is the Minnie Van itself actually shaped like a cupcake?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, I've been contacted by someone who wants to remain anonymous. They said they have heard from a reliable source that the connection between the SW Resort and SWL will be... a tunnel.

A walking tunnel from the resort to the back entrance of DHS:SWL:GE:B:BSO. And that's basically it in a nutshell.

My take is:
A) I guess it's... possible​
B) Seems unlikely at this point because:​
1. not on any permits (yet), but would have to be​
2. none of the current groundwork prep points to a tunnel​
3. the famous water table... it would be just so much easier for a covered walkway overpass​

iowamomof4

A google image search for "star wars tunnel" brings back lots of results that would make a perfectly good covered walkway overpass. From Cloud City to the Millennium Falcon to Rogue One sets. Maybe it's a misunderstanding in the game of telephone....

This was exactly what I was thinking. Plenty of tunnel-like walkways in the Star Wars universe.

Incomudro

So, I've been contacted by someone who wants to remain anonymous. They said they have heard from a reliable source that the connection between the SW Resort and SWL will be... a tunnel.

A walking tunnel from the resort to the back entrance of DHS:SWL:GE:B:BSO. And that's basically it in a nutshell.

My take is:
3. the famous water table... it would be just so much easier for a covered walkway overpass​

Isn't an above ground tunnel still a tunnel?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

My take is:

If this is true, it would make sense that we haven't seen much evidence of it since it couldn't be started until the current entrance road closes. Maybe it's not on the permits because they hadn't decided on this at the point those were filed. This is not something that would have to be on the water management permits. It's also possible, as @Incomudro mentions, that this is just an enclosed corridor and not an actual underground tunnel.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Another challenge with doing an actual underground tunnel is that the area marked in blue in where the drainage canals have been re-routed underground. The path would have to either cross under these, or under the canal, both of which would be challenging.

1541622639899.png

Missing20K

My take is:

Third party, anonymous hearsay is what we are going with now? Not even terribly plausible, third party, anonymous hearsay.

Might as well have said a bus driver told you. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Third party, anonymous hearsay is what we are going with now? Not even terribly plausible, third party, anonymous hearsay.

Might as well have said a bus driver told you. ;)

It's not like that at all. I can vouch for the mysterious X who told me. And they can vouch for Y. And Y can vouch for the boyfriend of Z. And Z can vouch for her father M. And M can vouch for his golf buddy N. And N can vouch for the Disney employee who told him. And N drives a Disney bus.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It's not like that at all. I can vouch for the mysterious X who told me. And they can vouch for Y. And Y can vouch for the boyfriend of Z. And Z can vouch for her father M. And M can vouch for his golf buddy N. And N can vouch for the Disney employee who told him. And N drives a Disney bus.

They just finished the parking area surrounding. SWGE and the bridges across the retention canal. Very unlikely they would dig it up again to redo it. Their construction timeline would have to be very disorganized to let that happen.

Again my thought is that is specialized busses. Considering the total lack of parking in the area of the hotel, and once the new studio entrance opens that area becomes backstage. Besides I’m sure Disney does not want any unauthorized guests just walking up to the hotel.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They just finished the parking area surrounding. SWGE and the bridges across the retention canal. Very unlikely they would dig it up again to redo it. Their construction timeline would have to be very disorganized to let that happen.

Again my thought is that is specialized busses. Considering the total lack of parking in the area of the hotel, and once the new studio entrance opens that area becomes backstage. Besides I’m sure Disney does not want any unauthorized guests just walking up to the hotel.

Note that this bridge is a temporary construction bridge and will be removed and replaced with something permeant.

1541639277406.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member

My take is:
I think an enclosed walkway is pretty much the same as a tunnel assuming there are no windows to the outside. Seems like the most likely interpretation of tunnel. Underground would be costly, especially there and also unnecessary.
I could see a "tunnel" that begins in the hotel with an elevator ride "down" (think stretching room in HM), then guests loaded into a space vehicle that "lifts off the ground" (vehicle on a track that now angles up) and then moves them forward and then "lands" in SW:GE at an upper level of one of the buildings. Guests then disembark and walk down to the ground level. The vehicle could actually be riding on a track that is above the ground and goes over the roads. There are so many ways this could be done. It's fun to speculate, especially with these special insider clues. But... what if the insider clue was dropped as a red herring???
I agree it’s a lot of fun to speculate. I’m no insider myself and I am usually quick to want to trust other sources, plus who doesn’t trust a penguin with a bow tie? ;)

TiggerDad

So it's really more like 6th party hearsay. That's roughly twice as accurate as 3rd party hearsay. But if you get any of the elusive 9th party hearsay, you can definitely take that to the bank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom