News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Indy_UK

Ok, when you see the imagine above in comparison to the falcon ride, think hotel is going to Ben a lot smaller than I imagined.

I’m guessing one floor is for rooms and the other if dinning and the experiences.

To me if there is two stories to this then I certainly think this will be a two day experience only with Galaxies Edge playing a big part of it.

Bairstow

Did we ever figure out whether the entire "crew" of the hotel will be rotated out at the end of each 2-3 day experience, or whether Disney was going for a more flexible stay model?

sedati

What if they do sort of a bus equivalent to Hogwart's Express? You enter from indoors, the interior has false windows- and your short bus trip is made to seem like a shuttle/speeder journey that ends within the land.

Knowing Disney is going to utilize automated (driverless) shuttles for cast-members elsewhere, this could also be used here. Going a step further, such a vehicle could then have a robot (Captain Rex) pilot.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What if they do sort of a bus equivalent to Hogwart's Express? You enter from indoors, the interior has false windows- and your short bus trip is made to seem like a shuttle/speeder journey that ends within the land.

If the blueprints be true, the buses are lined up past a porte-cochere. They'd have to blindfold you first to keep up the illusion.

sedati

If the blueprints be true, the buses are lined up past a porte-cochere. They'd have to blindfold you first to keep up the illusion.
But those may just be the busses for the main resort entry/departure. We know you start off terra firma before being launched up to the space hotel.
Anyone wanting to visit the other parks (especially those family members not into Star Wars) may have the option of going back to the space-elevator and go back to the main lobby. From there standard busses will take them anywhere on resort.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The permit also had a document from a company that did geo-technical borings. It shows a slightly different layout, especially for the entrance area. The dates on the drawings put this one a couple months earlier then the others.

1530581217533.png

djkidkaz

Why couldn’t the buses just have video screen windows like hog warts express? Obstruct your view getting onto the bus and your good to keep the immersion.

GlacierGlacier

The permit also had a document from a company that did geo-technical borings. It shows a slightly different layout, especially for the entrance area. The dates on the drawings put this one a couple months earlier then the others.

View attachment 293747
Based on this drawing, I'd say the experience begins with you approaching a rebel base akin to the one on Yavin IV, or at least with Floridian Flora. You enter the base, get organized, board the ship, then the show begins. I'd assume luggage is handled in the lot where the busses drop you off.

But like you said, this drawing is likely out of date.

BrianLo

The outline of the building looks like a ship attached to a small port. There are also two different very clear approaches. I sort of wonder if you drive up to the one (with obviously valet based on this price point) and when your ship 'arrives' to Galaxy's edge you exit out the other point to some sort of fancied up buses that shuttle you back and forth to the park.

rsm

I agree.

It's the vehicles that will be special. :)

Or the buses will just be the regular buses that take you to all the other parks - you know, like every other Disney hotel has. Let's not forget that this has never been described as a lock-in 3 day LARP with no way in or out, accessing only DHS, by anyone other than fans online. Disney described it as an 'immersive experience', which I'm pretty sure is also how they describe the Tangled bathrooms and Pop Century. They have promised a seamless connection to SWGE, which a footbridge tunnel with no windows can certainly provide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom