Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi NO SPOILERS!!!!

AEfx

If your emotional investment in Star Wars revolves around Leia, then there’s a lot that you won’t care about within the franchise starting with well before TLJ was ever released.

/roll eyes

It's really funny how some of you guys are full of dismissals but have no real rebuttals for the criticism.

AEfx

Would you expect any less? GenX is the Generation of Angst. ;)

Don't kid yourself. If you want to go down that road, the only difference between Gen X and Millennial in that regard is that Gen Xers kept their feels to themselves and looked inside for what was wrong, whereas Millenials blame everyone else for their problems and feel entitled to a world that caters to their delicate fe fe's... ;)

21stamps

Don't kid yourself. If you want to go down that road, the only difference between Gen X and Millennial in that regard is that Gen Xers kept their feels to themselves and looked inside for what was wrong, whereas Millenials blame everyone else for their problems and feel entitled to a world that caters to their delicate fe fe's... ;)

I’m a GenXer.. we’re the Generation of grunge music.. plenty of angst, anger, and apathy has existed and been represented in our lives.lol

amjt660

Premium Member
Will chime in (late as usual) and fade back out

In general I enjoyed the film in terms of it entertained me for 2.5 hours.

However as an old/long term Star Wars fan (saw New Hope in the theaters) I did not like the forced humour.
I am sure that scene could have been done more respectfully.

Looking forward to IX and the Han Solo movie in 2018.

Max

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Will chime in (late as usual) and fade back out

In general I enjoyed the film in terms of it entertained me for 2.5 hours.

However as an old/long term Star Wars fan (saw New Hope in the theaters) I did not like the forced humour.
The worst for me was when Luke tossed the light sabre over his shoulder
I am sure that scene could have been done more respectfully.

Looking forward to IX and the Han Solo movie in 2018.

Max

This is the no spoilers thread. Please delete or put in spoiler tags. Here is the spoiler thread: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...led-and-discussed.936621/page-40#post-8006394

fractal

box office update...

http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/12/2...now-running-over-100-mil-behind-force-awakens

Box Office: “Last Jedi” Now Running Over $100 Mil Behind “Force Awakens”

School is out, but it didn’t help “The Last Jedi.” The new “Star Wars” movie is running over $120 million behind the last one on a day to day comparison.

On its second Friday in release, “The Force Awakens” logged $49 million for a domestic total of $440 million.

Last night, “The Last Jedi” came in at $24.7 million. The domestic total is $321 million.

Well, one week and $321 million is nothing to sneeze at. That’s a damn good showing, second best to “The Force Awakens.” But it’s still quite a distance behind the first part of this trilogy.

The theory that school wasn’t completely dismissed for the holidays didn’t pan out. Since its opening last week, “Jedi” has been struggling to maintain momentum. Maybe tonight, with school out and nothing but time on their hands, kids will flock to theaters. I hope they do!

There are some real duds this weekend– “Pitch Perfect 3,” and “Father Figures” are each sorta DOA. But there are plenty of really great Oscar ready movies including “The Post,” “Phantom Thread,” “Lady Bird,” “Shape of Water,” and so on. That’s like a feast!

PS December 29th– Annette Bening and Jamie Bell in “Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool”– not to be missed!

michmousefan

I wasn't the one posting box office receipts when the movie opened "proving" how great it was. Now that it's going the other way all the excuses come out. The fact is, Monday and Tuesday's numbers were well below expectations. With any luck, it means the end of Rian Johnson's hands on SW.
Hate to burst your bubble, but Mr. Johnson will take on the next standalone trilogy. I, for one can't wait to see what he comes up with. He "gets" SW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom