Star Wars Episode III

pilka214

i was gettin it offline like 2 weeks ago, but my bro had to find out and tell my parental figures who inturn yelled at me for participating in illegal activities. :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

Neptune

pilka214 said:
i was gettin it offline like 2 weeks ago, but my bro had to find out and tell my parental figures who inturn yelled at me for participating in illegal activities. :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

Hes a pirate! lol.

I Dont have my tickets yet....and will regret that soon enough.

Morwen

My boyfriend and I are also going to see it at 12:01am! I'm so excited - I've actually only heard really good reviews of it... :)

prberk

Master Yoda said:
I’ve had my ticket to the midnight premiere since they became available and on Thursday I’ll be heading to WDW for SW weekends. It is going to be a full tilt Star Wars geek weekend.

Are you (or anyone else, for that matter) seeing it in DLP (digital projection)? If so, I would like to hear a review of what you think of that also.

That is the method that Lucas wanted all theatres to use, but the projectors are still expensive. But if you are lucky enough to see it that way, I hear that it is like the old 70 mm used to be: like looking through a window.

So, please post a review here if you see it in DIGITAL PROJECTION!

Paul

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
prberk said:
Are you (or anyone else, for that matter) seeing it in DLP (digital projection)? If so, I would like to hear a review of what you think of that also.

That is the method that Lucas wanted all theatres to use, but the projectors are still expensive. But if you are lucky enough to see it that way, I hear that it is like the old 70 mm used to be: like looking through a window.

So, please post a review here if you see it in DIGITAL PROJECTION!

Paul
I won’t see it in digital at the midnight premiere but I will probably see it again this weekend at DTD which uses DLP so I’ll be able to compare the two. With any luck I’ll be able to pick out the extra footage.

prberk

Master Yoda said:
I won’t see it in digital at the midnight premiere but I will probably see it again this weekend at DTD which uses DLP so I’ll be able to compare the two. With any luck I’ll be able to pick out the extra footage.

Great! Let me know what you think of the difference. There is ONE theatre in Virginia showing it in digital (the Lee Highway Multiplex in Reston), and with any luck I may get to go up there to try it. But I don't know that I can. I live two hours away, but I have friends near it. So, you never know.

I have wanted to see a movie this way, ever since Phantom Menace came out (the first movie done that way). But I have missed it every time.

goofyfan13

Seeing it at 12:01 am. I am SOOOOOO pumped, and have also heard nothing but good reviews. I would wear my Darth Maul mask that I got a while ago, but can't find it. It'll be interesting to see how many people are dressed up. :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
goofyfan13 said:
Seeing it at 12:01 am. I am SOOOOOO pumped, and have also heard nothing but good reviews. I would wear my Darth Maul mask that I got a while ago, but can't find it. It'll be interesting to see how many people are dressed up. :lol:
I keep going back and forth on weather I should don the Jedi robes or not. I’m just not sure if I want to be “That” kind of fan.

CaptainMichael

I'm tossing around the idea of going at midnight tomorrow. It's just a matter of finding someone to go with! Anyone in Slidell/Mandeville area wanna go???

prberk

Master Yoda said:
I keep going back and forth on weather I should don the Jedi robes or not. I’m just not sure if I want to be “That” kind of fan.

Oh, come on! Why not? You wear them here!!

But then, who knows you here?!

... And who will know you at the theatre, either?!

I say, go for it! Have fun with it, Jedi! Who could it hurt?

Number_6

I'm going at 11:15AM on the day of release. Have to drop the kids off at school first, then my wife and I will be running to the AMC at DTD to watch it, followed by running all the way back home to pick the kids up from school. Anyone get their "Geek Squad Excuse Note" for May 19th yet?

WDWFREAK53

I saw the movie last night.

Get ready for an unbelievable experience. Hayden's acting was subpar...at the beginning...but the darker he got...the better he got.

3 1/2 out of 4 stars.

My new rankings:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith (very close to dethroning Empire!)
3. A New Hope
4. Attack of the Clones
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Phantom Menace

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Ryan wants to see it opening day, but I told him we'd wait until the weekend so I can relax and enjoy it without worrying about work the next day.

I guess that's a little hypocritical of me since I cut school to see both ESB and ROTJ on their opening days (but if he wants to cut school and find a way to the theater he can do that without my help - I mean come on, the kid could show some initiative).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
WDWFREAK53 said:
I saw the movie last night.

Get ready for an unbelievable experience. Hayden's acting was subpar...at the beginning...but the darker he got...the better he got.
I saw an interview with Lucas a week or so ago and he said that he really had to hold Hayden back in Episode 2 and make him act more like a spoiled brat teenager but in Episode 3 he let him cut loose and it really paid off. I can’t wait for 12:01 to roll around tonight so I can see for myself.

WDWFREAK53

Master Yoda said:
I saw an interview with Lucas a week or so ago and he said that he really had to hold Hayden back in Episode 2 and make him act more like a spoiled brat teenager but in Episode 3 he let him cut loose and it really paid off. I can’t wait for 12:01 to roll around tonight so I can see for myself.

Umm...weren't you in the movie? :lookaroun

Spoiler: You live through this movie :D

darthdarrel

OH MY GOD! I am so Psyched!
It is now almost 6:00 PM. and We will be going in 3 hours to wait in line for it, eventhough I already saw it 2 weeks ago, I am still on pins and needles!
It is 6:00 and they have already started camping out at the theater and in costumes no less, just went to pick up the tickets. :sohappy: :sohappy: :wave: :D

MagicalMonorail

STR8FAN2005 said:
I'm tossing around the idea of going at midnight tomorrow. It's just a matter of finding someone to go with! Anyone in Slidell/Mandeville area wanna go???

You can head to Baton Rouge, and I'll go with you! Unfortunately, I have finals Thursday morning. Have fun though! BTW, see you in WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom