Star Wars Episode III

CaptainMichael

MagicalMonorail said:
You can head to Baton Rouge, and I'll go with you! Unfortunately, I have finals Thursday morning. Have fun though! BTW, see you in WDW.

I found some people and some tickets. I'll be living in Baton Rouge real soon. Finals.... :fork: Do you go to LSU?? When are you going to WDW??

imagineer boy

Geez louize, my local critic really tore this film apart. He gave it two out of four stars and critisized every little thing that was wrong about it and made a big deal out of it. I hope he's wrong.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
imagineer boy said:
Geez louize, my local critic really tore this film apart. He gave it two out of four stars and critisized every little thing that was wrong about it and made a big deal out of it. I hope he's wrong.
Saw the movie last night at midnight....hands down best Star Wars movie ever!

Slipknot

Master Yoda said:
Saw the movie last night at midnight....hands down best Star Wars movie ever!

Also saw it last night. While it does blow the previous two episodes away, it still didn't come anywhere close to the original trilogy, IMHO.

JROK

Saw it last night at DTD's AMC but not digital projection or THX (those theaters all sold out first and are pretty much sold out all weekend but I'll see it again in THX and DLP before it leaves that theater)... Anyways, I really enjoyed the film... it was an emotional rollercoaster for sure... Is it better than the original trilogy? I'm not sure yet, but I REALLY enjoyed it... I'd say it gives them all a good run for their money... I think I liked it better than ROTJ though... SO DARK THIS FILM IS!!! Deserves its PG13 rating for sure... GO SEE IT NOW!!!

And to the kid that was trying to pirate this film, seriously, you don't pirate Star Wars... it's just not the same as watching it in the theater... you pirate movies like Kicking & Screaming or something (but I don't condone film piracy at all)... so stop pirating and go throw down your $7.00 to see it...

To the other people that saw it at DTD last night... do you think AMC made a good move by making drinks, popcorn and hot dogs only $1 or what?! That was so good... kudos on that one...

WDWFREAK53

JROK said:
Saw it last night at DTD's AMC but not digital projection or THX (those theaters all sold out first and are pretty much sold out all weekend but I'll see it again in THX and DLP before it leaves that theater)... Anyways, I really enjoyed the film... it was an emotional rollercoaster for sure... Is it better than the original trilogy? I'm not sure yet, but I REALLY enjoyed it... I'd say it gives them all a good run for their money... I think I liked it better than ROTJ though... SO DARK THIS FILM IS!!! Deserves its PG13 rating for sure... GO SEE IT NOW!!!

And to the kid that was trying to pirate this film, seriously, you don't pirate Star Wars... it's just not the same as watching it in the theater... you pirate movies like Kicking & Screaming or something (but I don't condone film piracy at all)... so stop pirating and go throw down your $7.00 to see it...

To the other people that saw it at DTD last night... do you think AMC made a good move by making drinks, popcorn and hot dogs only $1 or what?! That was so good... kudos on that one...

Mmmmm... :slurp: Nothing like spending money on day old food :) :slurp:

Although, they could've charged the same price...so that's good that they lowered it.

xfkirsten

Saw it at midnight last night, and loved it! Definitely the best of the prequels. Very, very dark - it made Empire look happy!

MagicalMonorail

STR8FAN2005 said:
I found some people and some tickets. I'll be living in Baton Rouge real soon. Finals.... :fork: Do you go to LSU?? When are you going to WDW??

No, right now I'm a junior in high school. My sister goes to college at LSU, although people think I'm her older brother. I'll be at WDW May 21-27 at OKW. See u there!

Sorry about the thread drift, but seriously, I can't wait to see Episode 3.

tomm4004

I've seen it twice already, Thursday and Friday. I'm not sure how many times I'll see it. Saw the original trilogy 10 times each in the theatres; the recent two seven times. With it coming out on DVD in November and me now having surround sound - but still only a 27 inch TV - I'll probably see it a couple more times. Once next week for sure - my Mom wants me to take her!

It does change with each viewing. The first couple times, after so many years of waiting - in this case I've been waiting 28 years to see some of these events - I watch more from an information gathering point of view and don't really enjoy the pure movieness of it.

PS: First five minutes. Star Tours?!

donvincenzo

Original Poster
JROK said:

It must've been an AMC thing. I went to an AMC up here near Boston and popcorn and all that was also $1. The line was HUGE. 4 screens showing it, all sold out.
I agree with what everyone said about it being much better than the other two prequels, but for where it ranks compared to the original trilogy, I still don't know.
Just a side point, it made almost $160,000,000 through 4 days, $50,000,000 being from its first day, $16,500,000 being from midnight showings alone. Yeah, I'd say that's pretty good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom