Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Mike S

At this point in time, I'm not sure how or why she is being defended. I get she had a part in some of the most iconic movies in film history. But that really doesn't mean she was the right choice for star wars. The creative direction for the franchise has been way off the mark. There are just way to many missed opportunities for me to think she is the right person for the job.
I see what you did there ;)

erasure fan1

His character wouldn't sacrifice himself to save his sister and what was left of the resistance?
Of course he would. My problem is, if that was the plan, it should have come in ep9. Especially when your original plan blows up in your face because of Carries passing. Of course what the original plan was, I'm not a huge fan of either. I can accept what he did. Now how he did it and when, that's when it doesn't hold up for me.

Mike S

Of course he would. My problem is, if that was the plan, it should have come in ep9. Especially when your original plan blows up in your face because of Carries passing. Of course what the original plan was, I'm not a huge fan of either. I can accept what he did. Now how he did it and when, that's when it doesn't hold up for me.
I would’ve been fine with the current course of him dying in 8 if he had better parts in 7 & 8 and the new characters were more interesting and not boring 😕

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
he’s in this movie for 2 minutes...less than dead girl. And supposedly she’s the real “Jedi master”

How stupid can we get?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yea, they have had issues with how they've handled Luke. They had the same issue in force awakens. The light saber in the snow starts to wiggle and basically the whole world said "Oh man! Here we go! Lukes coming to kick some tail!" But nope, they didn't want it to be Lukes story again. But all most people wanted, was one glimpse of him being a Jedi bad A.
Kinda like akbar could have sacrificed the ship in the last Johnson?

Instead some numb at LFL insisted that they put an infered gay character with no purpose into the movie specifically for that (and to berate a male protagonist)...and made it laughable and unmemorable.

That’s why Star Wars was popular: by taking memorable opportunities and making them forgettable.

Death Vader to Luke: “no...I was your parents adoption agent when they found you at a half way house in Omaha after a horrible farm equipment accident/hate crime let your parents semi-permanently disabled ”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Read online that Ep 9 is a disaster. https://cosmicbook.news/george-lucas-saving-star-wars-test-screenings-disaster

But asking Lucas to save it is like bringing back Jar Jar Binks. Although I'd take him over Ma-Rey Sue any day.

Disney ought to hire Lucas' ex-wife to lend her editing skills to Ep 9. After all, she saved the FIRST film, right?
The spoilers say it’s going to be an unmitigated disaster.

I hope...for the little kid in me (not Disney)...that they are wrong

Joesixtoe

he’s in this movie for 2 minutes...less than dead girl. And supposedly she’s the real “Jedi master”

How stupid can we get?
I'm a dude lol... umm yeah that sounds horrendous... hey umm Skywalkers are the chosen one... (spoliers) sorry dont know how to cover the spoilers...........................

A Palpatine is the chosen one now!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm a dude lol... umm yeah that sounds horrendous... hey umm Skywalkers are the chosen one... (spoliers) sorry dont know how to cover the spoilers...........................

A Palpatine is the chosen one now!!
In the top menu bar there’s a little drop menu under the arrow...select spoiler and follow the prompts

Joesixtoe

Those two movies were so forgettable...I can’t honestly remember what ANYBODY said.

Can still recite return of the Jedi without looking at it with perfect pacing, however...but that movie never subverted my expectations
I'm not going to lie, I did like TFA minus the death planet... like why do we need to do this again!?? I thought it brought back the acting and special effects of the originals(obviously updated), and did give us hope of a future. Who us Snoke? Why is Luke not wanting to be found? Who is this Rey girl? I was good with it all... as long as they respected the originals in TLJ

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not going to lie, I did like TFA minus the death planet... like why do we need to do this again!?? I thought it brought back the acting and special effects of the originals(obviously updated), and did give us hope of a future. Who us Snoke? Why is Luke not wanting to be found? Who is this Rey girl? I was good with it all... as long as they respected the originals in TLJ
It really was a straight bland reboot.

We all were very “kind” to that movie when it came out.

It was our first movie with the realism of sets and live actors since 1983...

But they had really nothing with the characters...no idea if any of them had a purpose. And opened the door to “tinkering” that led to bad things.

It shouldn’t have made what it did...messed up the whole mentality at Disney/LFL.

Here we are

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And I’m guessing little miss perfect can. If that’s how this plays out I’ll just laugh. As far as I’m concerned the last movie is RotJ and we can think whatever we want of how they live the rest of their lives.
I never would have rejected the further adventures of the heroes at any point of my life. What a blasphemous idea...

...now I agree with you. I kinda wish they all - especially fisher - would stay back in time.

20 years too late.

Mike S

I never would have rejected the further adventures of the heroes at any point of my life. What a blasphemous idea...

...now I agree with you. I kinda wish they all - especially fisher - would stay back in time.

20 years too late.
Although I would’ve liked to seen a grown and wiser Han at least with him he was still pretty in character minus the whole leaving Leia thing.

erasure fan1

It really was a straight bland reboot.

We all were very “kind” to that movie when it came out.

It was our first movie with the realism of sets and live actors since 1983...

But they had really nothing with the characters...no idea if any of them had a purpose. And opened the door to “tinkering” that led to bad things.

It shouldn’t have made what it did...messed up the whole mentality at Disney/LFL.

Here we are
I agree with both of you. I did enjoy the force awakens for the most part. I did roll my eyes a bit when the big giant death ball was unveiled. TFA had plenty of issues and it didn't have some moments I really hoped for. But overall I thought, if ep8 expands upon some of the ideas 7 started, I'll be happy. But then after 8, everything was just disjointed. And now with 9 we have huge questions to answer. Is JJ going the retcon central approach? Will it somehow pull all the movies together? No matter how 9 turns out, the saga will just feel off.

Joesixtoe

I agree with both of you. I did enjoy the force awakens for the most part. I did roll my eyes a bit when the big giant death ball was unveiled. TFA had plenty of issues and it didn't have some moments I really hoped for. But overall I thought, if ep8 expands upon some of the ideas 7 started, I'll be happy. But then after 8, everything was just disjointed. And now with 9 we have huge questions to answer. Is JJ going the retcon central approach? Will it somehow pull all the movies together? No matter how 9 turns out, the saga will just feel off.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel... kinda weird lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom