Star Wars creator George Lucas visits Disney's Hollywood Studios

PeteNY

I think you paint the old WOL grey and make it look like the deathstar carsh landed in epcot. the body wars sim is the same as startours so it could be converted easly, and then turn star tours into something new.

olmec26

I think you paint the old WOL grey and make it look like the deathstar carsh landed in epcot. the body wars sim is the same as startours so it could be converted easly, and then turn star tours into something new.

The Body Wars simulators (to my understanding, Martin or Lee can confirm) were used extensively for testing for Star Tours 2 to the point of even being stripped for parts, and are no longer usable.

Ziffman

Hold on there, pal. Give Universal 20 years and see how they do with HP before we compare it to Star Tours's current state. Back when Star Tours opened, it was state of the art and had a lot of the same mystique that HP does now - in fact, to celebrate it's opening, Disneyland stayed open for 60 consecutive hours and the line to ride Star Tours reached the Hub.

Let's wait and see what Universal does in the next two decades before we declare that Disney wouldn't have done as well of a job.

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't comparing the current Star Tours to Harry Potter. I agree 100% that when Star Tours opened 23 years ago, it was cutting edge and very exciting. In fact, it's one of the attractions that put Disney theme parks back on the map and made Disney "cool" again. My point, however, was that that was 23 years ago and there have been no updates made to the attraction whatsoever. This is an indicator of what Disney would likely have allowed to happen had they gotten the rights to build a Harry Potter attraction. With Universal, we can speculate that they too may allow the attraction to slowly deteriorate and become dated. But at this point, that would be pure speculation. With Disney, they already have a track record of doing that. At least with Universal there is hope. Also, look at Spider Man which is generally cited as the ultimate theme park attraction which has yet to be matched by anything Disney has created. Disney certainly has the resources and has had every opportunity to outdo Spider Man, but it has yet to happen. So to think they would have produced something as impressive as Harry Potter seems highly unlikely. This kind of makes me wish Universal had the rights to Star Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom