Star Wars creator George Lucas visits Disney's Hollywood Studios

NoChesterHester

I knew that because it obviously means we are getting a SW 5th gate. :lookaroun

Actually could be pretty cool. There isn't a shortage of source material.

In all reality, it is the only worldwide property that Disney has rights to that can even compete with the popularity of Potter. I know that has been discussed ad nauseam on this board.

jt04

Actually could be pretty cool. There isn't a shortage of source material.

In all reality, it is the only worldwide property that Disney has rights to that can even compete with the popularity of Potter. I know that has been discussed ad nauseam on this board.

Agreed 100%. I have figured out a way it could be done relatively inexpensively but not "cheap" looking in any way. I'm always afraid to post my ideas for fear that someone at WDI might be working on a similar concept and then management will scrap the idea. Is that a legitimate fear? Not trying to sound arrogant but I'm convinced my idea would be a potter swatter on steroids.

NoChesterHester

Did he publicly apologize for the last Indiana Jones movie? Not to mention the Star Wars prequels?

Funny. I think he will apologize all the way to the bank considering those movies combined pulled in some 3.2 billion dollars.

I did enjoy the video of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show mixed with Star Wars (check youtube). Lucas was in attendance.

They skewered Jar Jar's head in the opening scene. Also, one of the volunteers picked had a "Han Shot First" shirt on.

He has to know how many have reacted to his additions. Hopefully with WDI in the drivers seat for the new Star Tours it won't be mucked up too much with useless slap stick comedy and extraneous annoying characters.

Mick G.

Think of the potential of a Lucas area of the park -- Mel's Drive-In Restaurant, the Howard the Duck Trans-Dimensional Adventure, THX 1138: the Tunnel Ride, Willow's Kids Play Area, and of course, the live Star Wars Christmas show.

This is why I'm not an Imagineer.

Mick

MarkTwain

Agreed 100%. I have figured out a way it could be done relatively inexpensively but not "cheap" looking in any way. I'm always afraid to post my ideas for fear that someone at WDI might be working on a similar concept and then management will scrap the idea. Is that a legitimate fear? Not trying to sound arrogant but I'm convinced my idea would be a potter swatter on steroids.

Probably not a serious concern. If it were our, entire Imagineering forums would have to be nuked. :lol:

I'd like to hear it, myself. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom