Star Wars creator George Lucas visits Disney's Hollywood Studios

CaptainWinter

Agreed 100%. I have figured out a way it could be done relatively inexpensively but not "cheap" looking in any way. I'm always afraid to post my ideas for fear that someone at WDI might be working on a similar concept and then management will scrap the idea. Is that a legitimate fear?

Nah, I think you're safe.

Reminds me -- I heard Eddie Sotto say in an interview [paraphrasing] "If you ever think to yourself, 'Do you think Imagineering has thought of idea X?', rest assured: they have, all of it. Ultimately it comes down to whether the money's there to implement it or not."

NoChesterHester

Nah, I think you're safe.

Reminds me -- I heard Eddie Sotto say in an interview [paraphrasing] "If you ever think to yourself, 'Do you think Imagineering has thought of idea X?', rest assured: they have, all of it. Ultimately it comes down to whether the money's there to implement it or not."

Being in the creative industry, I don't feel it is ever possible to exhaust ideas. There is always a new idea, it may be the only thing as a country we have left...

Ziffman

Actually could be pretty cool. There isn't a shortage of source material.

In all reality, it is the only worldwide property that Disney has rights to that can even compete with the popularity of Potter. I know that has been discussed ad nauseam on this board.

Sadly, look at what little Disney has done with the Star Wars property in the lengthy time that have it. Basically a massively outdated attraction that is just now (finally) getting an update. And yet there are people who wish Disney had won the rights to Harry Potter, and actually believe they would have done a better job with it than Universal has.

olmec26

Sadly, look at what little Disney has done with the Star Wars property in the lengthy time that have it. Basically a massively outdated attraction that is just now (finally) getting an update. And yet there are people who wish Disney had won the rights to Harry Potter, and actually believe they would have done a better job with it than Universal has.

Hold on there, pal. Give Universal 20 years and see how they do with HP before we compare it to Star Tours's current state. Back when Star Tours opened, it was state of the art and had a lot of the same mystique that HP does now - in fact, to celebrate it's opening, Disneyland stayed open for 60 consecutive hours and the line to ride Star Tours reached the Hub.

Let's wait and see what Universal does in the next two decades before we declare that Disney wouldn't have done as well of a job.

Future Guy

Wasn't there supposed to be another 3 film in the star wars series?
a sequel trilogy

Sometime in the early '80s Lucas gave an interview in which he claimed that the original trilogy was actually the middle three films of a nine-film nonology (I think that's the word). Supposedly, Return of the Jedi was originally supposed to end with Luke defeating Vader, and then the third trilogy would be all about him taking on the Emperor. He must have just been spitballing, though, because even the early drafts of the ROTJ script have Luke defeating the Emperor. (Supposedly the first outline that Gary Kurtz worked on was very different, but Kurtz and Lucas parted ways, and the second outline that Lucas wrote by himself contained all the basic story elements that made it to the final shooting script)

Did he publicly apologize for the last Indiana Jones movie? Not to mention the Star Wars prequels?

I have to agree with you on IJ4.
I went to the SW Celebration V on Saturday and saw the interview. He did basically comment about how mostly people who grew up with the original series (like me) loved the original and hated the prequels. I don't "hate" them - the best thing about #1 is Darth Maul, #2 is following Obi-Wan on his hunt for answers (although those of us who read the books of the original three knew who Palpatine was), and, well, I really liked #3.

He also commented that the films will be coming to BluRay next year.

SOLISIMO

Here is what Ill say and keep it "quick"

1. Its better to announce and make it public that Lucas is in town for the "final days" as opposed to do it "secretly" for whatever "other reason" it might be incase it is leaked.

2. HS has been left somewhat untouched for obvious reason (with some exceptions ofcourse)

3. Star Wars following is ten fold the following of HP.

And finally, sometimes its better to sit back and watch others present something new, then blow them out of the water and take the spotlight back in a bigger way. Competition doesnt mean going head to head at the same time:cool:

SOLISIMO

Another hint, Lucasarts is a "world wide" company to include Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, North America, and South America

prberk

Any way to get that second photo (or any of them) in a format to save as a desktop background (a larger pic than the thumbnail, but one that can be saved on my PC)?

Paul

SOLISIMO

OK, I have absolutely no clue what you are getting at.:p

LucasArts is based out of all those regions, meaning that if they "were" to build a "world" they would have a large following other than the US. A very and I mean very large market for disney and Lucas.

jt04

Probably not a serious concern. If it were our, entire Imagineering forums would have to be nuked. :lol:

I'd like to hear it, myself. :wave:

I have figured out a way to describe my idea so it would effectively convey a detailed mental image so people would get the idea.

I'll add it to the imagineering section at some point in the future.

Studios Fan

Another hint, Lucasarts is a "world wide" company to include Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, North America, and South America

I assume you're referring to Shanghai which makes sense. Perhaps a SW-themed Tomorrowland. I would also assume they will use some Marvel attractions there as well, as they don't have restrictions like they do in Florida.

Ragetti

I gotta think that if they got the green light from Lucas, they'd be ALL OVER a Star Wars land at DHS. It'd bury Potterland, and that comes from a certified Potter-o-maniac.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom