Star Wars All-Inclusive "Star Ship" Resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notes from Neverland

Sounds pretty awesome. The rumored price point is pretty reasonable, considering all that's included. They'd have no problem selling out at that rate.

P_Radden

Original Poster
img_6831-jpg.199083

"future use area" ;)

seascape

I already forwarded this info to several Star Wars fans where I work and after reviewing it, including the proposed prices, they simply said "Disney can take my money and sign me up already". It almost doesn't matter what they would charge as there will be people who will pay whatever the cost for an experience like this. I mean, this land, with a proposed deluxe resort where you become the adventure will be an experience unlike any other. I had always mentioned that I could see them attaching a resort to the DHS Star Wars Land, but I didn't even imagine carrying storylines and adventures into the resort itself.
Using Davids DVC restal at 11.00 a point it would cost me 182 points for my wife and I. I think its worth it.

P_Radden

Original Poster
He was far from the first person to mention a possible Star Wars resort. The day after they bought Lucas, there were rumors about it.

Also, those 'other sites' are just grabbing the info from here, most likely. Besides Spirit, Martin and others have mentioned it as a possibility many times.
Thanks, I edited the OP.

ABQ

What was the cost of the old Grand Plan, which , back when service was far better than it is today, was apparently something legitimately "grand" ? Far as I recall, that was an all inclusive package as well.

P_Radden

Original Poster
I wonder what star ship they are considering basing this after? Imperial Star Destroyer is first to come to mind because of it's size, but that concept art looks nothing like the interior of one of those.

P_Radden

Original Poster
Up until last year all of this land was set aside for conservation, but then last May Disney released it from the conservation easement. Plenty of space there to build something like this.

View attachment 200061
Indeed. Also note, the top corner of that area is land locked by roads and the coming gondola line to DHS. They specifically laid out the gondola path around that land. My guess is either another resort going there, or maybe even something else..
DHS resorts.png

Last edited:

Kamikaze

For those who will cry foul over pricing, you're kidding yourself if you don't believe that something like this should cost under $1000 per person for 2 days/nights. The way I see it:

For a group of 2 guests:
"Star Wars Hotel" cost per room/night with deluxe amenities: $400 per night ($800 total)
"Star Wars Hotel" interactive experiences/stories: at least $100 per person per day ($400 total)
EMH style access with daily park ticket: at least $200 per person (assuming this is closer to a dinner party style EMH and not a normal one so $100 for the daily ticket and $100 for the party style admission) ($400 total)
All meals included with unique Star Wars dining: at least $75 per day/per guest ($300 total)
So we're at $1900 before we even discuss the added intrinsic Star Wars theme that will demand at least a 20% markup compared to similar offerings- which then puts the value at well over $2000 for 2 guests and a 2 night stay. If that's the true pricing, it's really not bad at all.

Is the price sky high? Of course! Is it in line with what Disney should be charging given the comps and the new stuff they're bringing to the table? Certainly. Plenty will balk at this, plenty will say it's too expensive. But plenty already say that about Disney's current 90% occupancy offerings. If it's $500 per night per guest they'll have no problem keeping it at max occupancy especially since I'm assuming it'll be closer to a boutique hotel with under 500 rooms.

Honestly, I could see them doing something similar with a Pirates themed hotel too. Maybe a wing of Polynesian could handle something like that?

If this is the pricing, they can take my money right now.

DDLand

They're bringing cruise ship like experiences to land. I've personally wondered why they haven't done this yet. Sell vacation packages with a special hook that keeps people on property.

Sounds like a plan!

Honestly I'm intrigued and horrified at this idea. I guess the true extent of my nerdiness is being questioned. This sort of seems weird... Though I'm still intrigued.

I'll still take Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge!

They want to put people into the story like never before. You're going to be living it totally; this is a completely different take on classic Disney hotels. This is going to have a strong narrative that will follow you throughout the stay. I wonder how much you'll actually leave the Resort? You come for the experience of the hotel primarily.

This had better be quite compelling for a $500 per day experience.

Last edited:

Kman101

It's based on a survey that they're asking guests, and it isn't even Disney themselves doing the survey. Nothing about it's been confirmed or said to be coming at the moment. Nothing "sad" about it, except the people who take it as a fact that it's happening as stated by Clickbait Corless. I think most people realize it's not "official" yet ...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If it's $500 per night per guest they'll have no problem keeping it at max occupancy especially since I'm assuming it'll be closer to a boutique hotel with under 500 rooms.
To keep the room costs down, and in keeping with the future space-flight theme, guests could be billeted in capsule rooms, as is done at some Japanese airport hotels... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom