Star Wars All-Inclusive "Star Ship" Resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_Radden

Original Poster
Other sites are reporting Disney may be considering an all-inclusive Star Wars resort package that could cost around $1000 for a 2-day story experience. This new resort is rumored to be modeled after a star ship and would be located near Star Wars land at Disney Hollywood Studios. Included in the price is meals, exclusive entertainment, dinner shows, various programs & activities and admission to SWL at DHS.

@WDW1974 was among the first to mention this rumor so maybe he can elaborate.

Check out twitter for concept art & more info.

Last edited:

drizgirl

$500/night for an all inclusive unique and in demand Disney resort?

I don't think so.

ETA: I'm thinking in terms of lodging prices. If this is per person, I could see it. Wouldn't pay it, but I could see that being accurate.

P_Radden

Original Poster

I don't think so.
This was my first thought as well. That better be one heck of a nice "star ship" to charge that much. Better look like the Avalon from Passangers.
Passenger12.jpg

Passenger13.jpg

NDP

I don't think so.

ETA: I'm thinking in terms of lodging prices. If this is per person, I could see it.
Its per person, with the stay being 2 nights only due to the story thing they are going for. That means it would be $1000 for 2 nights with 3 meals a day included.

NDP

This was my first thought as well. That better be one heck of a nice "star ship" to charge that much. Better look like the Avalon from Passangers.
Passenger12.jpg

Passenger13.jpg
From what the other sites and survey were saying, it will be completely themed. Its your chance to be apart of the Star Wars story and interact with characters from the movies. $1000 per person for 2 nights with meals included isnt *that* bad.

Chef Mickey

That's why I said I couldn't see it. I expected it to be more. And it appears that is per person so probably not too far off.
We'd need details on what's included in "all inclusive." I don't really understand how it's $500/person (family of 5 is $2500/night?)

seascape

1800 to 2000 for 2 people, 2nights, 3 days with 5 meals is expensive but reasonable especially with 1 day of HS included. The one question I has is as a pass holder do I get a lower price since I don't need a park ticket.

Minnie Mum

We'd need details on what's included in "all inclusive." I don't really understand how it's $500/person (family of 5 is $2500/night?)
Here's the article I just read:
http://.com/blog/2017/04/breaking-d...xperience-attached-disneys-hollywood-studios/

It appears that the price would be per person. I could see this being hugely popular. Maybe not for a lot of large families though, due to the cost.

flyerjab

This all-inclusive, 2-night immersive resort experience at Walt Disney World would include:

• The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the the Star Wars universe
  • Be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay
  • Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters 8i live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference)
  • Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet)
While staying aboard an all-inclusive luxury “starship” at Walt Disney World, guests will stay in luxury accommodations offering:

• All meals during your stay: buffet breakfasts, lunches, & signature evening dining
  • Featured entertainment & dinner shows
  • Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort (a new land opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019)
  • Star Wars starship amenities including pool area & water garden, fitness area, on-board cantina, and robotic droid Butlers
As of right now, the experience would be priced at roughly $900 to $1000 per guest.

So basically, in summary, the experience would include…

• 2 nights in an immersive luxury resort that looks and feels like a starwars space craft (set check-in and check-out dates so everyone is immersed on the same “story” timeline)
  • Room(s) that accommodate(s) up to 4 people, with an interactive “view” (galaxy or pool/atrium)
  • Every meal from checking-in on day 1 to check-out on day 3 (5 meals total, including 2 buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch. and 2 signature dinners with evening entertainment)
  • 1 day of Walt Disney World theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to visit Star Wars-themed land on day 2
  • sStory-driven entertainment that unfolds over the course of your stay (including live character chance encounters, and the opportunity to watch or enage in the story through things like personalized secret missions, flight training, starship exploration, and lightsaber training)

rushtest4echo

For those who will cry foul over pricing, you're kidding yourself if you don't believe that something like this should cost under $1000 per person for 2 days/nights. The way I see it:

For a group of 2 guests:
"Star Wars Hotel" cost per room/night with deluxe amenities: $400 per night ($800 total)
"Star Wars Hotel" interactive experiences/stories: at least $100 per person per day ($400 total)
EMH style access with daily park ticket: at least $200 per person (assuming this is closer to a dinner party style EMH and not a normal one so $100 for the daily ticket and $100 for the party style admission) ($400 total)
All meals included with unique Star Wars dining: at least $75 per day/per guest ($300 total)
So we're at $1900 before we even discuss the added intrinsic Star Wars theme that will demand at least a 20% markup compared to similar offerings- which then puts the value at well over $2000 for 2 guests and a 2 night stay. If that's the true pricing, it's really not bad at all.

Is the price sky high? Of course! Is it in line with what Disney should be charging given the comps and the new stuff they're bringing to the table? Certainly. Plenty will balk at this, plenty will say it's too expensive. But plenty already say that about Disney's current 90% occupancy offerings. If it's $500 per night per guest they'll have no problem keeping it at max occupancy especially since I'm assuming it'll be closer to a boutique hotel with under 500 rooms.

Honestly, I could see them doing something similar with a Pirates themed hotel too. Maybe a wing of Polynesian could handle something like that?

Kman101

Looks cool but not for me. With a kid years down the road? Maybe. It's not horrible pricing for what's included and for the theming. Let's see what it actually will be.

flyerjab

I already forwarded this info to several Star Wars fans where I work and after reviewing it, including the proposed prices, they simply said "Disney can take my money and sign me up already". It almost doesn't matter what they would charge as there will be people who will pay whatever the cost for an experience like this. I mean, this land, with a proposed deluxe resort where you become the adventure will be an experience unlike any other. I had always mentioned that I could see them attaching a resort to the DHS Star Wars Land, but I didn't even imagine carrying storylines and adventures into the resort itself.

rushtest4echo

So let me guess:

Luxury Star Wars boutique resort at Disney World connected to the new land, with unique/immersive story driven experiences in attractions, dining, lodging and character interactions for $500 per person per day = unreasonable/ridiculous/outrageous/evil/money grubbing

Luxury Harry Potter boutique resort at Universal Orlando connected to the new land, with unique/immersive story driven experiences in attractions, dining, lodging and character interactions for $500 per person per day = innovative/shrewd/smart/wonderful/"Universal gets it"/take my money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom