Star Tours

tonganprince

Original Poster
Hello. Question.

My 4 year old is obsessed with Star Wars, and want to ride Star Tours.

He is 39 inches tall and the height restriction is 40 inches.

What are the odds that they will make an exception for an inch?

We are going this week.

Gorjus

The chances are ZERO, repeat: ZERO that they will make an exception. And why would you want them to? Height restrictions are there for safety.

BrerMouse

I agree that they are there for safety reasons, but I myself was in the same boat when i was younger one inch short for Space Mountain. My parents bought me a pair of boots that added a full inch to my height. Just a suggestion, but the Star Tours simulator is not as closely related to Star Wars in the actual ride but the queue area is very interesting. I believe that you have to make the decision as a family. Is it worth getting the shoes for him to expeince the ride.

danpam1024

If he can't ride, he can still have fun in Tattooine Traiders shopping and building his very own light saber (we have 5) :ROFLOL:. Don't forget to look for all the "Star Wars" signatures in front of the Great Movie Ride:wave:

Jessie&Buzz

I would do child swap if they won't let him ride. That way he can see the line queue. If they haven't changed it, one parent rides while the other waits at the loading area. When it's time to swap they parent who rode stays on and the other parent with the child goes into the simulator. They swap in there and the parent who rode waits in the exit area (or store, your choice).

We tried a hat for RNR coaster but they made my dd take it off. She was 1/2 inch too short. We understood since they are taking safety seriously. We told her that there would be other trips where she would be big enough and there have been. It was worth the wait.

DisneyJunkie

Hello. Question.

My 4 year old is obsessed with Star Wars, and want to ride Star Tours.

He is 39 inches tall and the height restriction is 40 inches.

What are the odds that they will make an exception for an inch?

We are going this week.

Contrary to some opinions, there is a relatively good chance they'd still let him ride. I've personally witnessed other attractions in which a child was about an inch or so below the line and the CM was like "oh just go on, but be careful". And with a ride as weak and tame as Star Tours, there really wouldn't be any reason why they'd be overly rigid about it.

Contrary to some opinions, there is a relatively good chance they'd still let him ride. I've personally witnesses other attractions in which a child was about an inch or so below the line and the CM was like "oh just go on, but be careful". And with a ride as weak and tame as Star Tours, there really wouldn't be any reason why they'd be overly rigid about it.

Anytime your dealing with simulators, you cant really say weak and tame. Star Tours is somewhat notorious for getting people a bit dizzy and making some sick. Its not mission space or anything....but it still could be an issue.

And honestly I doubt they would let your child slide for even just an inch. Too many liability issues. Infact I saw a child turned away specifically at Star Tours when we were there in November and he was very close to the line.

Like others have said, your gonna need big shoes if you want him to ride:)

fosse76

Contrary to some opinions, there is a relatively good chance they'd still let him ride. I've personally witnessed other attractions in which a child was about an inch or so below the line and the CM was like "oh just go on, but be careful". And with a ride as weak and tame as Star Tours, there really wouldn't be any reason why they'd be overly rigid about it.

Shocking. Not only did those CMs expose the company to full liability had something happened, they potentially put the child in danger.

mickey&me

I personally don't condone the "tall shoes" option. Or the high hat option. Let him go through the queue and visit the gift shop. The actual ride does relate to Star Wars, but they have a minimum height requirement for a reason.

Victor

Look, I understand that height restrictions are in place for good reason, but in this case is it really an issue?

The worst that could happen is the kid gets sick or dizzy on the simulator, and whether they are 39 inches or 40 isn't going to make a difference. Just my two cents.

Slipknot

The worst that could happen is the kid gets sick or dizzy on the simulator, and whether they are 39 inches or 40 isn't going to make a difference. Just my two cents.

Trust me, a centimeter makes a huge difference! If it didn't, then height requirements would A) not exist or B) be shorter than they are now.

danpam1024

Trust me, a centimeter makes a huge difference! If it didn't, then height requirements would A) not exist or B) be shorter than they are now.

:sohappy::sohappy:
Couldn't agree w/ you more. Remember people little kids have big noggins and not fully developed neck muscles, whipping their heads around is not always the best thing to do, it's not always about height...sometimes it's development as well. As much as I want DS to be 48" by June, he might still be 47 1/2" and I would NEVER COMPROMISE HIS SAFETY, EVER!!! The requirements are put there by the people who created the rides, just gives us an excuse to come back:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don`t be surprised if you get new shoes and they ask for them to be removed to measure. I`ve seen it many a time (same for big hair)

-as mentioned, the rule is there for a reason.

stevo ohio

Last march my daughter was perhaps a half an inch too short to ride Kali River Rapids, and the CM did not make an exception. She was pretty precise in her efforts to measure my daughter.

Since1976

Chances are, the 1-inch difference wouldn't be an issue for safety. But if something *did* happen, can you imagine how bad you'd feel?

My daughter was one-inch too short for just about everything at WDW during our last trip. We didn't even bother trying to get on the 40-inch rides with her. And yet we all still managed to have fun.

My advice is that you let your child watch the *awesome* Jedi Training Academy and then maybe walk the queue for the ride. They may hem and haw, but they'll get over it. And you'll feel better for letting your instincts as a good dad win out against whatever entertainment your child might get from a ride he's too short to get on.

Slipknot

Last march my daughter was perhaps a half an inch too short to ride Kali River Rapids, and the CM did not make an exception. She was pretty precise in her efforts to measure my daughter.

It is either that or get a reprimand on your record card or fired from the company.

tonganprince

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I did not know that the gift shop had a build your own light saber station. That will surely make him happy if he can't ride.

I am a little fearful that it may be too much for him anyway, but who knows when we will be back again.

Thanks again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom